Euroleague / European Club Competitions 2022/23 - Signings & Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toxicity View Post
    Yeah, that 20/21 season Achille shot 44% from 3... 35% is his career percentage in Euroleague.

He clearly improved a lot from the 9/40 of his 1st Euroleague season...

We'll see but Polonara won a ACB title playing well in crunch time too. And they were playoff games... this year he simply didn't play at all because Sale is a particular coach, who likes big men that can play with their back to the basket and with post moves. I think Achille was not the perfect fit for Djordjevic's system...

p.s.= ok Pleiss and Singleton but it's a kind of funny to read Sanli as a player that could save the day...
    If player who scored 19 points in semi against CSKA(very tight game) with around 75 true percentage isn't saver then we don't disccuss the same sport or you probably didn't watch F4 in Munich.

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
      44% for 3pt? in official EL site it's 35%.

But never mind, you maybe missed some post here but I will repeat. He played in Baskonia just regular season, which is other dimension from Play off games and especially F4 games.

He isn't proved in any way. He even didn't play BSL final because Djordjevic didn't trust in him.

Even Moerman had great stat in regular season, but when F4 comes he is nowhere, then guys like Pleiss, Sanli and Singleton must save the day.

So if Efes target is to be dominant just in regular season, and in Istanbul F4 to be eaten by better frontcourts(at least 5 teams are better) then let it be.
      He shot 44% in 2020-21 with Baskonia. 35% is the career number. Shooting 30% with Fener last year brings that career number down, obviously.

Comment

• Zalgiris will be signing Ignas Brazdeikis.

Comment

• Originally posted by radallo View Post
          Virtus announce Lundberg
          How many more signings do you think they need?

Will be interesting to see how Gators adjusts his power ranking for Virtus in light of this addition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post

Will be interesting to see how Gators adjusts his power ranking for Virtus in light of this addition.
            They might have completed their roster..

However Mannion and Hervey might leave if better options are found
            EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

• Originally posted by radallo View Post
              They might have completed their roster..

However Mannion and Hervey might leave if better options are found
              Thanks!
              Mannion surely needs more playing time but that will be even tougher now.
              I think you said previously that there was some uncertainty about Weems and Cordinier staying?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
                Maccabi officially let Max Heidegger go. Good.
                Is this official ? How about J.Cohen ? Since both Rinski and Aharoni is doing ok at U20 tournament right now, maybe he will be released too. I'm not a fan of Maccabi but this year I'm wondering what they gonna do most. They have the most unpredictable roster and coach. They can even reach F4 or they will go bust.

Comment

Proabably would bump Virtus up to around the 8 spot. They have a pretty well-rounded roster at this point but I'd still be concerned about whether Teo and Belinelli can hold up over the course of a long season.

If they do manage to make the playoffs, though, I don't think anyone would want to face those veteran guards.

I'd probably bump Zalgiris up a few spots with Brazdeikis. That's a big-time addition for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by GatorsGators View Post
                    Proabably would bump Virtus up to around the 8 spot. They have a pretty well-rounded roster at this point but I'd still be concerned about whether Teo and Belinelli can hold up over the course of a long season.

If they do manage to make the playoffs, though, I don't think anyone would want to face those veteran guards.

I'd probably bump Zalgiris up a few spots with Brazdeikis. That's a big-time addition for them.
                    That's a pretty fair assessment. It will be interesting to see Alessandro Pajola (radallo mentioned him recently) playing at this level. Young talented PG who has had the benefit of learning from Teodosic for the past three seasons.
                    Their depth should allow the veterans a good amount of rest during the campaign.

Comment

@Bob

Last season from 164 players who had at least one attempt for 3pt 86 players were above 35%. Most of those under that percentage are with low volume

And you are talking now about player with 36% as some sort of example, no dude he is just one of many who can score from distance.

Anyone who watched Efes games knows how he made this percentage and what kind of games.
                      36% is his career average, with 5 attempts per game, these are solid numbers. Solid enough that opponents respect his shooting. And yes, 152 games sample size is much more representative than 6 games.
                      previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                        36% is his career average, with 5 attempts per game, these are solid numbers. Solid enough that opponents respect his shooting. And yes, 152 games sample size is much more representative than 6 games.
                        6 games in F4 isn't representive? You can't be serious

Most of the players don't play a single F4 game through the whole career and you say 6 games are too small to show how big choker he is in pressure games.

How many games he should play to show his 'quality'? 10, 20, 30 maybe?

Comment

Thanks!
                          Mannion surely needs more playing time but that will be even tougher now.
                          I think you said previously that there was some uncertainty about Weems and Cordinier staying?
                          Indeed, but they should both stay.

I'd love to see a Mannion/DellaValle trade... would be a win.win for two italian NT players, but I think it won't happen
                          EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                            An excellent argument for Calathes being an elite PG, Bob!

Comment

6 games in F4 isn't representive? You can't be serious

Most of the players don't play a single F4 game through the whole career and you say 6 games are too small to show how big choker he is in pressure games.

How many games he should play to show his 'quality'? 10, 20, 30 maybe?
                              He's 1/7 in last 3 F4 and 257/717 in his career. Which sample is more representative?
                              Last edited by Killer Bob; 07-21-2022, 10:03 PM.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

An excellent argument for Calathes being an elite PG, Bob!
                                Calathes has bad % in RS too. Difference is that in series opponents make adjustments and everything is much more planned. It's like in Nba, where many Cs suddenly became big liability, because coaches are targeting opponents' weaknesses. You have too many games in RS for making those preparations.

You should ask yourself, why Saras is prepared to pay elite Pg a lot just to not play?
                                Last edited by Killer Bob; 07-21-2022, 10:10 PM.
                                previously known as Beno

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information