Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague / European Club Competitions 2022/23 - Signings & Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    BSL is ok, but giving him minutes in El is madness

BTW agree about Iffe, could be great adition. I was atacked here when I suggested him as someone who should come with Itoudis. But as you know I don't care and have feeling for good guys
    I don't know if you were attacked!
    Lundberg's a very solid all around guard and it's understandable that you think he'd be an upgrade for Fener. He was pretty much a role player in CSKA though.

looks like fener is also interested in kalinic.

by the way milutinov might end up in fener too.

Fenerbahçe İstanbul

Quote Originally Posted by Spittifiz View Post
    looks like fener is also interested in kalinic.

by the way milutinov might end up in fener too.
    Wondering what the buyout fee would be for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    I don't know if you were attacked!
    Lundberg's a very solid all around guard and it's understandable that you think he'd be an upgrade for Fener. He was pretty much a role player in CSKA though.
    What's problem he was role player. we need such guys. He is more then solid.

BTW he came as replace for Mike James

Wondering what the buyout fee would be for him?
    i dont know anything about his buyout fee. maybe in the upcoming weeks we'll hear more about that.

Fenerbahçe İstanbul

What's problem he was role player. we need such guys. He is more then solid.

BTW he came as replace for Mike James
    He was signed to replace James, but certainly never matched his scoring in CSKA. One thing though is that iirc Lundberg played really well in CSKA's final 4 game against Efes.

I'm definitely not against this signing for Fener. Whether he wants to return to Europe is the question though.

He was signed to replace James, but certainly never matched his scoring in CSKA. One thing though is that iirc Lundberg played really well in CSKA's final 4 game against Efes.

I'm definitely not against this signing for Fener. Whether he wants to return to Europe is the question though.
    True. This is the most important detail about him, I always look players's performances in high pressure games.

BTW James is my favorite player after Larkin, De Colo and Teo, but he will never play again for Itoudis. Iffe isn't that category but upper level EL player for sure
    Last edited by janketa; 06-22-2022 at 09:25 PM.

True. This is the most important detail about him, I always look players's performances in high pressure games.

BTW James is my favorite player after Larkin, De Colo and Teo, but he will never play again for Itoudis. Iffe isn't that category but upper level EL player for sure
    That's a good point. At CSKA most players have to sacrifice minutes etc unless they are Teodosic/ De Colo level.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorsGators View Post
    Poythress played on Zenit's second unit this past year as essentially a small ball big, which I've already said. Mickey and Gudaitis played on the first unit.

Poythress is an EL-caliber player undoubtedly, and if Maccabi didn't sign him, someone else would've. He'll be the defensive anchor for that second unit, perfect for positionless basketball that needs guys who can defend multiple positions.

Sure, if Maccabi expects him to be more than a role player, they're in trouble.
    Maccabi tries to get Josh Nebo as (first?) center, and looks like that Cohen will stay as third option. It would make front line not very tall, but fast and athletic...Enough for EL? Not sure.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

According to basketnews.lt Žalgiris is close to Kevarrius Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Basket_ View Post
    According to basketnews.lt Žalgiris is close to Kevarrius Hayes
    And Arnas Butkevičius. Hayes looks like Nebo with better low post offense (in scouting video he hits few fall away bank shots). Butkevicius can defend 3,5 positions, pretty good in open court and can hit open three

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    Maccabi tries to get Josh Nebo as (first?) center, and looks like that Cohen will stay as third option. It would make front line not very tall, but fast and athletic...Enough for EL? Not sure.
    Enough for Eurocup perhaps as the coach. A very weak frontline, considering the defense this coach usually presents many teams will have the opportunity to score 100 points and celebrate. Cohen is unwatchable and must be replaced, tj leaf would be excellent but even Bender (Vujcic hasn't abandoned the idea to sign him) would be a huge upgrade.

apparently nando de colo wants to stay with fener. coach itoudis said that in an interview. he also said that wilbekin is almost done deal and veselys depart from fener was a family decision.
    Last edited by Spittifiz; 06-23-2022 at 03:01 PM.

Fenerbahçe İstanbul

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    Enough for Eurocup perhaps as the coach. A very weak frontline, considering the defense this coach usually presents many teams will have the opportunity to score 100 points and celebrate. Cohen is unwatchable and must be replaced, tj leaf would be excellent but even Bender (Vujcic hasn't abandoned the idea to sign him) would be a huge upgrade.
    again, totally agree (i'm getting worried about it!)
    i'd add that katash offensive org is horrible. so, Katash: why managment chose him? wich technical consideration moved them towards his name among much much better coaches?
    team we are building is a consequence of this choice

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    again, totally agree (i'm getting worried about it!)
    i'd add that katash offensive org is horrible. so, Katash: why managment chose him? wich technical consideration moved them towards his name among much much better coaches?
    team we are building is a consequence of this choice
    The answer is very easy 1) a coach who won't demand anything, he will accept the choices made by the federmans and their close friend Vujcic 2) he is far cheaper compared to the big names 3) being a veteran Maccabi player the majority of the fans will support him emotionally at least till October and they will run to buy the (very expensive) annual subscriptions.

I hope you don't need more explanations. Moreover point 2 is important for another reason, if things go bad they have already the scapegoat, they can fire him at a relatively low cost.

That's why they want a decent second coach whether he likes it or not, in case he is sacked the second would replace him without searching for others.

Rumours growing again that Calathes isn't part of Barca's plans for next season.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...es-euroleague/

Zalgiris signs Butkevicius (rytas), local MVP. According to the bookmakers Sferopoulos is the favorite coach for Pana. Bayern officially informs that Hilliard's contract won't be renewed.

All major Israeli websites report that Maccabi is negotiating with Lorenzo Brown. Walla also mentioned Daryl Macon... Not too bad, if both of them will come.
    Hilliard is also possibly an option, not very good one (old and injury-prone)... T.J Leaf is unknown yet..., we will see.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    All major Israeli websites report that Maccabi is negotiating with Lorenzo Brown. Walla also mentioned Daryl Macon... Not too bad, if both of them will come.
    Hilliard is also possibly an option, not very good one (old and injury-prone)... T.J Leaf is unknown yet..., we will see.
    32% and 33% players from the arch. mammamia . as usual, in mta nobody looks at stats ,mainly at 3p stats

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    32% and 33% players from the arch. mammamia . as usual, in mta nobody looks at stats ,mainly at 3p stats
    You are, as always, pathetic. Brown is solid point guard, versatile in offence and defence, tall, with good wingspan. He was second in EL in assists last season.
    Macon is not stable enough, but can get in zone, as Efes found out last season. Kinda like Dorsy, but cheaper. in any case neither of them signed yet.
    Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 06-24-2022 at 11:28 AM.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast