NCAA Season 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by earldeboy View Post
    Not sure if he's already graduating high school this year but he's the same batch as Gagate - born 2004.

I'm high on Coronel. Hopefully his guard skills will be utilized to its full potential by whatever college he'll commit to.
    After trying to look up his highlights, all I saw was a vlogger on youtube lol. How did you manage to watch him play?

Comment

Not sure if he's already graduating high school this year but he's the same batch as Gagate - born 2004.

I'm high on Coronel. Hopefully his guard skills will be utilized to its full potential by whatever college he'll commit to.
      If he is in Gagate's batch, then he is part of the 2023 class. Thats a powerhouse group cuz they have 4 batang gilas players in Gagate, Alian, Pablo & Coronel

Comment

• Originally posted by spaxcundo View Post
        If he is in Gagate's batch, then he is part of the 2023 class. Thats a powerhouse group cuz they have 4 batang gilas players in Gagate, Alian, Pablo & Coronel
        I think Pablo is already committed to san beda. Coronel maybe La Salle and of course, the Gagate sweepstakes is still going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrainBamager View Post
          I think Pablo is already committed to san beda. Coronel maybe La Salle and of course, the Gagate sweepstakes is still going on.
          Source on Coronel's commitment

Comment

• Originally posted by DrainBamager View Post
            The sister of Joshua plays varsity ball at dlsu.

Comment

• Did see Will Gozum a while ago at Araneta. I know his gf played for UST the game prior but do you think he’d be poached back to play in the UAAP?

Evolution made possible by Mei.ka~ of Hello! Online

Comment

• Originally posted by cha34 View Post
                After trying to look up his highlights, all I saw was a vlogger on youtube lol. How did you manage to watch him play?
                Their team currently plays in the United Basketball League (UBL). Not too familiar about the background of this league but NCAA and UAAP junior teams are currently utilizing it as some sort of a preseason league for their upcoming season.

LSGH vs FEU U19:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco
                  Looks like a 3 peat for Learn, will Benilde still be competitive next year considering a lot of their players are old already?
                  Depends if they're attractive enough for recruits. Hope they are. Would want Charles to win it all to validate him as a good coach, but he needs enough talent to win it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
                    The sister of Joshua plays varsity ball at dlsu.
                    If that's any indication, I'll be waiting for Seven's commitment to DLSU then. *Wishfully thinking*

Comment

Their team currently plays in the United Basketball League (UBL). Not too familiar about the background of this league but NCAA and UAAP junior teams are currently utilizing it as some sort of a preseason league for their upcoming season.

LSGH vs FEU U19:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZOwin8k7LI
                      thanks

Comment

So the so called dominant NCAA program has been exposed as nothing but a house of cards that only won their championships because of imports/foreign students
                        It can be attributed to the failure of management to recruit quality players during the last 2 seasons.

To undermine the program because of failure to make it to the finals is unfair. You have to understand while San Beda has a dominant foreign student they were also able to recruit top hs grad like baser amer jayvee moco, fil am dela rosa and the list goes on. They had a complete team, regardless if there are foreign student.

Even Ato Badolato during the later years had a 5 yr drought of not making the finals. Do we then conclude that Ato's program is inferior compared to other schools?

Comment

So the so called dominant NCAA program has been exposed as nothing but a house of cards that only won their championships because of imports/foreign students
                          Are you telling us that San Beda does not deserve the 10 championship it won because they have FSA in the line up?

Comment

• Originally posted by totoy123 View Post
                            It can be attributed to the failure of management to recruit quality players during the last 2 seasons.

To undermine the program because of failure to make it to the finals is unfair. You have to understand while San Beda has a dominant foreign student they were also able to recruit top hs grad like baser amer jayvee moco, fil am dela rosa and the list goes on. They had a complete team, regardless if there are foreign student.

Even Ato Badolato during the later years had a 5 yr drought of not making the finals. Do we then conclude that Ato's program is inferior compared to other schools?
                            To be fair nobody foresaw covid happening which affected recruitment. Also last season's elimination format really sucked. Lastly we sucked so much this season that we beat the defending champs so much that they tanked their last game to avoid us.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                              To be fair nobody foresaw covid happening which affected recruitment. Also last season's elimination format really sucked. Lastly we sucked so much this season that we beat the defending champs so much that they tanked their last game to avoid us.
                              But the pandemic did not stop csb and the other teams from recruiting. Our manager even went abroad and almost came home empty handy. Oh I forgot, he got the best recruit boyet fernandez. When we needed players he was recruiting consultants.🤣🤣

Comment

Let's be real though, the only reason you got these guys was probably because Ateneo and LaSalle didn't recruit them that seriously or they didn't pass the school requirements. Your team reps also tried recruiting FilAussies for some time but none of the prospects took the bait, the preference of recruits for top tier Phil schools like Ateneo, UP, LaSalle and UST seems to be too much for Beda to overcome.
                                Ateneo and Dlsu tried to recruit Pong Escobal but he chose San Beda.
                                Ateneo was recruiting Rome Dela Rosa, Dave Marcelo, Borgie Hermida
                                We have poached players from Ust

Oh before I forget..who won the Menor sweepstakes? Hmm a small school in Mendiola

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information