Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1063

Thread: NCAA Season 98

  1. #1
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,147
    Country: Philippines

    Default NCAA Season 98

    Defending Champions: Letran Knights
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

    <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMaQAAyZ__?format=jpg&name=large target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMa...jpg&name=large</a>

  2. #2
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    5,327

    Default

    The proposed schedule starts this September 2022 and will revert back to the normal double round robin elimination format.

    Host school is Emilio Aguinaldo College.

  3. #3
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,451

    Default

    Frankie Lim /Ayo to San Beda according to Snow. That came out of nowhere. I thought FL burned some bridges on his way out?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,381

    Default

    SB post might be just a stepping stone for Ayo in the MVP camp. I expect bigger things if Ayo gives SB back the crown. Hmmm..maybe MVP camp grooming / transitioning for a possible coaching vacancy?

  5. #5
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    5,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Frankie Lim /Ayo to San Beda according to Snow. That came out of nowhere. I thought FL burned some bridges on his way out?
    I heard about Ayo allegedly moving to Mendiola from older alumnis just last week. I didn’t pay too much attention to this.

    The resignation(?) of UST asst coaches including Joph Cleopas may fuel this rumor. Cleopas was a former strength and conditioning coach of San Beda during Fernandez (2013-2014 and 2017-2018) and Jamike (2015-2016). Joph Cleopas had a hand in bring in fellow Cebuanos Jomari Sollano to Letran and JB Bahio to San Beda.

    As for Frankie Lim, his wife is the niece of MVP.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    156
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    I heard about Ayo allegedly moving to Mendiola from older alumnis just last week. I didn’t pay too much attention to this.

    The resignation(?) of UST asst coaches including Joph Cleopas may fuel this rumor. Cleopas was a former strength and conditioning coach of San Beda during Fernandez (2013-2014 and 2017-2018) and Jamike (2015-2016). Joph Cleopas had a hand in bring in fellow Cebuanos Jomari Sollano to Letran and JB Bahio to San Beda.

    As for Frankie Lim, his wife is the niece of MVP.
    So Coach Aldin Ayo is an upgrade over existing coaches? Letran and Mapua have upended San Beda. Frankie Lim yeah i follow his wife Olen Lim who is a style trainer. Ms. O @msolen
    Last edited by Goose; 05-26-2022 at 11:10 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    5,327

  8. #8
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    This feels weird. I could still remember what happened in Araneta post game some 10+ years ago..

  9. #9
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    5,327

    Default

    2 NCAA Titles in one year for Letran? Season 98 to open in September 10.

    https://www.philstar.com/sports/2022...tRBprTuSgUlyGQ

  10. #10
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    5,327

    Default

    Aldin Ayo according to insiders has an inside track in coaching the Red Lions. Ayo was once a student of San Beda before transferring to Letran.

  11. #11
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    9,586
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Nenad Vučinić is MERALCO's consultant: https://tbti.me/s22fmj
    Beda could use Nenad as an assistant, though. Get him to have some input into the Red Cubs program, to see if any tweaks to their development system and tactics are necessary.

  12. #12
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    5,327

    Default

    Red Cubs has recruited a pair of 17 year old 6’3” guards. Andre Dungo from Pampanga and James Nacua from Australia.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    542
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    Red Cubs has recruited a pair of 17 year old 6’3” guards. Andre Dungo from Pampanga and James Nacua from Australia.
    how about the likes of mike mara, mowell morales and edson serrano these guys are 6'5 and above players are they still in high school?

  14. #14
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    5,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrainBamager View Post
    how about the likes of mike mara, mowell morales and edson serrano these guys are 6'5 and above players are they still in high school?
    Yes I think so since they are recruits of coach Anton Brodett like the new ones posted above. They say Serrano is graduating and Morales is the youngest of the three you mentioned.

  15. #15
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    9,586
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    Aldin Ayo according to insiders has an inside track in coaching the Red Lions. Ayo was once a student of San Beda before transferring to Letran.
    Apparently, NCAA Management Committee don't want Ayo back: https://twitter.com/snowbadua/status...0JQwE3-oQ&s=19

  16. #16
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Apparently, NCAA Management Committee don't want Ayo back: https://twitter.com/snowbadua/status...0JQwE3-oQ&s=19
    Of course. Why would they want to accept something that's going to upgrade the opposition. They want the Super friends unopposed.

    BTW I thought he left Letran in good terms? I know there was an outrage at first pero supposedly they received a generous donation?

  17. #17
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    9,586
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrainBamager View Post
    how about the likes of mike mara, mowell morales and edson serrano these guys are 6'5 and above players are they still in high school?
    How do Mara and Morales play? Serrano, I think, wants to be a big.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Apparently, NCAA Management Committee don't want Ayo back: https://twitter.com/snowbadua/status...0JQwE3-oQ&s=19
    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Of course. Why would they want to accept something that's going to upgrade the opposition. They want the Super friends unopposed.

    BTW I thought he left Letran in good terms? I know there was an outrage at first pero supposedly they received a generous donation?
    Plus on the personal level, Chua hates Ayo. So I guess he's stuck in 3x3 for now

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,905
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    for those who follow the ncaa religiously, any potential gilas prospects in the near future?

    remember catching a final four game and noticed yukien andrada. a tall forward with some wing skills and a good shooter. would a little weight loss could perhaps help him play the wing or is he strictly a stretch big?

  20. #20
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    for those who follow the ncaa religiously, any potential gilas prospects in the near future?

    remember catching a final four game and noticed yukien andrada. a tall forward with some wing skills and a good shooter. would a little weight loss could perhaps help him play the wing or is he strictly a stretch big?
    That 6'5 Allen Liwag guy, that Reyes had a hard-on

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •