Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EuroLeague 2022/23

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Turkey in this moment can give only 2 high level clubs for EL, all other clubs are below the ladder. Partizan is stronger and with bigger budget then 3rd strongest Turkish club.

I think this is the right decision.
    Agree with this, fair decision. Thank God not 2 Spanish teams more

As a Joventut fan I would have preferred to see them over Valencia. Joventut have huge support and a great history, plus they have been the 3rd best team in Spain this season. That being said, Valencia are also a strong club with great support.

Quote Originally Posted by eal View Post
    As a Joventut fan I would have preferred to see them over Valencia. Joventut have huge support and a great history, plus they have been the 3rd best team in Spain this season. That being said, Valencia are also a strong club with great support.
    I agree,Joventut more deserved than Valencia, better play in Eurocup, semi-final unlike quarter-final in Liga Endesa. Some past seasons and bigger financial budget make decisive role. You have good situation in Eurocup for winning or going in final next season, with suspension of Russian clubs and also 3 clubs from Eurocup going to Euroleague, Eurocup has became most weak many years ago.

London Lions, the third best team in Britain will be competing in the 2022-23 EuroCup. Jordi's London fantasies will never ever end, will they?

Nice to see Prometey in the EuroCup and interesting too given that they were previously in the BCL and pretty competitive in that competition.

Despite the situation with the Russian teams, the Euroleague line-up still looks strong. But like Nemanja95 indicated, EuroCup looks weaker and weaker.

London Lions possible home court?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    I agree,Joventut more deserved than Valencia. Some past seasons and bigger financial budget make decisive role.
    I believe the future plans played a larger role than the past achievements.

To my knowledge Valencia and Virtus have the best "business plans" (including youth teams, female team, etc..)

Budget for sure played a role as well
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

GS will join in year or two. They have ambitious plan and good coach

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    London Lions possible home court?

Will the number of fans reduce much?
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Will the number of fans reduce much?
    Haha, probably not.

Budgets according to Marca.

Zeljko and Itoudis almost the same budgets

I watched in last 20 days almost all finals from 2001 until now(for 2nd, 3rd and some 5th time)

All comments here that quality droped is bullshit. Last final was ugly, that's obvious, but level of basketball increased a lot comparing to past years.

Efes would beat any EL champion in past 20 years, except maybe Maccabi(from back to back season) and Pao from 2009.

The EuroCup looks very weak, I think Joventut will be favourites. The BCL is now well ahead of the EuroCup in terms of quality teams.

Looking last decade all titles won by big guns and great players(excluding Maccabi title)

Larkin, De Colo, Teo, Bogdan, Chacho, Doncic, Spa

Next season I expect three-peat tbh(they have the most great players in the roster), but again Barca will start the season as favorite with the biggest budget and the best roster on the paper.
    I don't expect much from my team because Itoudis will need time time to clear all mess Kokoskov did in this club. The only chance for us could be F4 and homecourt, but path to the F4 is long and uncertain. We have the best coach and one of the legends De Colo, but that is not enough for the title. 2023-2024 could be our season maybe

Looking last decade all titles won by big guns and great players(excluding Maccabi title)

Larkin, De Colo, Teo, Bogdan, Chacho, Doncic, Spa

Next season I expect three-peat tbh(they have the most great players in the roster), but again Barca will start the season as favorite with the biggest budget and the best roster on the paper.
    I don't expect much from my team because Itoudis will need time time to clear all mess Kokoskov did in this club. The only chance for us could be F4 and homecourt, but path to the F4 is long and uncertain. We have the best coach and one of the legends De Colo, but that is not enough for the title. 2023-2024 could be our season maybe
    Its disputable is it Rodriguez or Doncic 2018 big gun Higgins more match this descripiton or Llull ?

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    Budgets according to Marca.

Partizan 23milion budget ? For God sake. Than means we ll sign players like Grigonis,Lucic, Lauvergne and Baldwin and everybody stays from last season. I dont know are they from Marca drunk or what else but this is insane. Also I dont know how gross of Partizan is almost 50 percent bigger than salaries, unlike CZ where is about 35 ? This is on level of worst tabloids.

Partizan 23milion budget ? For God sake. Than means we ll sign players like Grigonis,Lucic, Lauvergne and Baldwin and everybody stays from last season. I dont know are they from Marca drunk or what else but this is insane. Also I dont know how gross of Partizan is almost 50 percent bigger than salaries, unlike CZ where is about 35 ? This is on level of worst tabloids.
    Good point about gross, same country.. I noticed that too

Its disputable is it Rodriguez or Doncic 2018 big gun Higgins more match this descripiton or Llull ?
    Chacho had big impact in two EL titles last decade. Doncic is the best player in last ten years(cumulative EL and NBA). Without him Real started to decline, with the same budget.

I appreciate Higgins a lot, but I already mentrioned 3 players from CSKA, 5 would be too much(him and Clyburn). After CSKA he lost two F4

There is here my post that CSKA from 2019 was the best team ever in EL, De Colo, Chacho, Higgins, Clyburn. They could win 4 EL titles continuing with the same roster

As I see Efes won't make the same mistake

Chacho had big impact in two EL titles last decade. Doncic is the best player in last ten years(cumulative EL and NBA). Without him Real started to decline, with the same budget.

I appreciate Higgins a lot, but I already mentrioned 3 players from CSKA, 5 would be too much(him and Clyburn). After CSKA he lost two F4

There is here my post that CSKA from 2019 was the best team ever in EL, De Colo, Chacho, Higgins, Clyburn. They could win 4 EL titles continuing with the same roster

As I see Efes won't make the same mistake
    Cska 2019 is most dominant champion of EL last 10 years. In history, is hard to estimate, I think this team of Cska is not best. Since 1990s there is Virtus with amazing team twice won EL, Panathinaikos 2007 and 2009,

Cska with Messina 2006 and 2008, Maccabi with Gershon has been extraordinary dominant. I think in last 10 years, only Cska from 2019 should consider one of the best team in history. That is not Fenerbahce neither Real.

But I dont have doubt, their supporters would have arguments who refute our estimate. Because in big measure, a lot depends of personal preferences. Barcelona from 2010 is probably most dominant champion of EL if we look difficulties of way, practically they won without any kind of drama. But thew won 1 EL, they had good circumstances, Pao finished competition in top 16, Cska made team rebuilding, and there are no decent opponent who has been enough good to won Barcelona who this year had excellent team.

So, estimation between champions who is better than another has multiple layers, who played best, who won in most easy way, who won more titles, who had it what circumstances... In that extent, supporters of any club can find reasons to support their wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...atter-the-ceo/

If that is true then who is bankrolling Bayern? They'd been portrayed as self sustaining and receiving no money from the football club iirc?
    That was interesting to read.

So it seems EL is worried about clubs relying on owners and governments funding the teams (as they are allowed to fund up to 50% of costs) sounds like what is happening in the KHL hockey where the league wants teams to rely less on Oil/Gas and government money and actually form marketing and sponsorships to cover costs.

Would a salary cap work in the EL or some kind of salary tax like what exists in baseball? If teams spend over X amount, they pay a tax which is shared between the others?

Also 2 questions, I've been away from basketball for a while now

1. How is the qualification to EL these days?

2. Is there some website similar to Elite Prospects that covers basketball transfers and rosters? I don't use twitter or social media so would like somewhere I can follow the rosters.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast