No announcement yet.

UAAP Season 85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPIS just released their roster: https://www.facebook.com/72505766420...9hzl/?sfnsn=mo

Head Coach: Paolo Mendoza
    Team Manager: Dale Villajuan
    Asst. Coaches:
    Buboy Domingo
    Lito Vergara
    Sanny Cadiz
    Christian Coronel
    Nats Imson
    Strength and Conditioning Coach:Mel Lantin

Players:Jonas Napalang (Team Capt.)
    Karl Villaverde (Co-Team Capt)
    Gab Demisana
    Clark Cordero
    Marcus Raymundo
    Basty Jacob
    Allen Cabangon
    Rocco Melicor
    Daryl Valdeavilla
    Jaime Gomez De Liano
    Theo Uvero
    Joe Imson
    Johnette Coronel
    James Macale
    Gian Paulo Mendoza
    Floyd Florentino
    Manfred Rosete
    Peter Hernandez

Comment

• Originally posted by Rds View Post
      I was a bit disappointed in the kid. He is more athletic than Carl but not as skilled and is also not a good rim protector. I would take the 6'6 US based guy with high motor. Has shown dribbling and shooting potential. And is a better defender.
      Who's that? I only know Bayla

Comment

• Originally posted by Rds View Post
        I was a bit disappointed in the kid. He is more athletic than Carl but not as skilled and is also not a good rim protector. I would take the 6'6 US based guy with high motor. Has shown dribbling and shooting potential. And is a better defender.
        Originally posted by cha34 View Post
        Who's that? I only know Bayla
        Is that Zain Mahmood?

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
          UPIS just released their roster: https://www.facebook.com/72505766420...9hzl/?sfnsn=mo

Head Coach: Paolo Mendoza
          Team Manager: Dale Villajuan
          Asst. Coaches:
          Buboy Domingo
          Lito Vergara
          Sanny Cadiz
          Christian Coronel
          Nats Imson
          Strength and Conditioning Coach:Mel Lantin

Players:Jonas Napalang (Team Capt.)
          Karl Villaverde (Co-Team Capt)
          Gab Demisana
          Clark Cordero
          Marcus Raymundo
          Basty Jacob
          Allen Cabangon
          Rocco Melicor
          Daryl Valdeavilla
          Jaime Gomez De Liano
          Theo Uvero
          Joe Imson
          Johnette Coronel
          James Macale
          Gian Paulo Mendoza
          Floyd Florentino
          Manfred Rosete
          Peter Hernandez
          How many De Liano brothers are there? I thought Jordi was the youngest one

Comment

• Originally posted by cha34 View Post
            How many De Liano brothers are there? I thought Jordi was the youngest one
            I did so too, until I learned about Jaime. At this point, I honestly don't know how many. 5 or 6?

Comment

What do you mean? Melecio was a star in DLSU. Encho wasn't utilized well and he bolted thanks to coach Byrd's doing.

As for other under utilized players, that's a symptom of having too many contributors and benefactors. These alumnus pick a star recruit that they're hopeful will be popular long term. They use these kids to endorse them in politics & promote their businesses. They have vested interest for them to thrive in the amateurs and become a star in the pros.

Coaches are forced to field based on something else entirely instead of meritocracy and when that happens, you get a disaster that is DLSU: full of talent, no singular voice of leadership, head scratching rotations & immense pressure to perform.
              Nonoy and Quiambao were recruited by benefactors
              Austria,Galman and Nelle were manong's recruit right?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrainBamager View Post
                Nonoy and Quiambao were recruited by benefactors
                Austria,Galman and Nelle were manong's recruit right?
                I'm unfamiliar with who is who. Let me further clarify that sometimes benefactors do not choose the player per se rather they just fund the player. But the issue is still there, they want their investment to get minutes to shine.

Comment

• DLSU’s recruitment hasn’t changed and has gotten worse now that Danding died and it was bad then.

Benefactors recruit players , without consulting coaches and these benefactors are almost like trying to one up another.
                  so imagine how hard is it for the coach, the players , nobody wins here insanely rich people with crazy ego’s are hard to deal with.

Comment

• Too many cooks in DLSU's kitchen. A kid I trained first approached DLSU because of certain ties, more than a week after it was still in the texting stage. Approaches one other school, within a day the head coach contacts and offers. Not long after, the head coach flies to the recruit and closes the deal. DLSU shouldn't have had a hard time verifying/scouting the kid's ability, he dropped more than 30 on a stacked (all-black) school team that a former DLSU player is coaching staff.

The kid's video probably didn't even reach Manong. He will have a hard time when he can't be hands-on with his recruitment and not be able to personally choose prospects that fit his system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metta View Post
                      Too many cooks in DLSU's kitchen. A kid I trained first approached DLSU because of certain ties, more than a week after it was still in the texting stage. Approaches one other school, within a day the head coach contacts and offers. Not long after, the head coach flies to the recruit and closes the deal. DLSU shouldn't have had a hard time verifying/scouting the kid's ability, he dropped more than 30 on a stacked (all-black) school team that a former DLSU player is coaching staff.

The kid's video probably didn't even reach Manong. He will have a hard time when he can't be hands-on with his recruitment and not be able to personally choose prospects that fit his system.
                      I'll bite.What's the kid's name?

Comment

I'll bite.What's the kid's name?
                        The family hasn't made it public so I'll respect that. The school plans to announce it after this season. It seems you're from DLSU, if you have the means, it won't be hard to find out thru the former DLSU player, he's a cool cat.

Comment

The family hasn't made it public so I'll respect that. The school plans to announce it after this season. It seems you're from DLSU, if you have the means, it won't be hard to find out thru the former DLSU player, he's a cool cat.
                          Hmm Jacob is already with San Beda and if I'm honest, he seems raw even in NCAA. I wonder who this kid could be.

Comment

• Rumors I hear are that Gagate is a lockfor UP and James Nacua is going to DLSU. Can anyone substantiate?

Comment

Hmm Jacob is already with San Beda and if I'm honest, he seems raw even in NCAA. I wonder who this kid could be.
                              The DLSU former player is not related to the recruit. He happened to coach against the recruit (where the kid drops 30 against his team) so he spoke with the kid after the game. So if you have a way of talking with the cat, he knows who the kid is.
                              The family is very private so they're not hyping him. He had US offers also and only considered a few PH schools. I know the recruit's dad used to lurk here so I'll leave it at that.

Btw, love your dig on Jacob being raw since I did mention that I used to train the recruit.

Comment

The DLSU former player is not related to the recruit. He happened to coach against the recruit (where the kid drops 30 against his team) so he spoke with the kid after the game. So if you have a way of talking with the cat, he knows who the kid is.
                                The family is very private so they're not hyping him. He had US offers also and only considered a few PH schools. I know the recruit's dad used to lurk here so I'll leave it at that.

Btw, love your dig on Jacob being raw since I did mention that I used to train the recruit.
                                I'm just being objective with Jacob. I want all the kids to succeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information