Page 61 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2332

Thread: UAAP Season 85

Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    He was probably comparing him to preseason
    Yeah but I guess what I'm trying to say is let's be patient. I wouldn't expect any big improvements simply because Allado joined recently. I'm not even too certain how involved he has been the past weeks. Id demand improvements starting next year.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Madrigal hahah
    Good call. Madrigal, along with Catapusan, were the guys named as reserves.

So, here's UP's 16:

Guards: Cagulangan, Alarcon, Abadiano, Fortea, Spencer, Ramos, Gonzales
    Wings: Calimag, Eusebio, Torculas, Andrews
    Forwards: Tamayo, Lucero
    Bigs: Diouf, Galinato, Lina

Here are the UAAP rosters, with the reserves: https://www.facebook.com/WearetheUAA...BAySY3icRgA8Fl

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Here are the UAAP rosters, with the reserves: https://www.facebook.com/WearetheUAA...BAySY3icRgA8Fl
    I know Emman was having an off pre season run and was injured.. but to relegate him to the reserves over Escandor is just nepotism. P*ta kelan ba to pwede umalis? Tindi ng kapit. Mga grupo nila ni Ralph Cu, at Donn Lim d kinaya pero siya chill lang. Pag yan talaga naging starter, ewan ko na.

As much as I want Galman to stay cos I think hes really talented. To salvage his career, it might be better for him to transfer.

EDIT: How is Joshua David on the reserve already? Isn't he recovering from ACL?

Quote Originally Posted by cha34 View Post
    I know Emman was having an off pre season run and was injured.. but to relegate him to the reserves over Escandor is just nepotism. P*ta kelan ba to pwede umalis? Tindi ng kapit. Mga grupo nila ni Ralph Cu, at Donn Lim d kinaya pero siya chill lang. Pag yan talaga naging starter, ewan ko na.

As much as I want Galman to stay cos I think hes really talented. To salvage his career, it might be better for him to transfer.

EDIT: How is Joshua David on the reserve already? Isn't he recovering from ACL?
    player 16 shouldnt matter in the grand scheme of things. Coach , team owner should be able to do whatever they want at the position

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    player 16 shouldnt matter in the grand scheme of things. Coach , team owner should be able to do whatever they want at the position
    Emman was a starter last season and this bum Escandor is in. It does matter. He can easily give good production.

I agree that a 16th man aint worth much but La Salle is still taking a risk here. What if Galman tranfers due to being cut for someone inferior? Galman has potential. His shot looks nice. Escandor has never impressed me against decent competition.

Emman was a starter last season and this bum Escandor is in. It does matter. He can easily give good production.
    16th players for a 14 game season plus playoffs is too much. If he was that good why would 15 other players be ahead of him. He would t have played much anyway.

The risk of losing him would be the same because he would not have been played much anyway.

Looks like Anta is out there to compete with Nike/Jordan in securing sponsorships from NCAA and UAAP teams.

UAAP: Adamson and UST
    NCAA: San Beda, Benilde and JRU
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Good call. Madrigal, along with Catapusan, were the guys named as reserves.

So, here's UP's 16:

Guards: Cagulangan, Alarcon, Abadiano, Fortea, Spencer, Ramos, Gonzales
    Wings: Calimag, Eusebio, Torculas, Andrews
    Forwards: Tamayo, Lucero
    Bigs: Diouf, Galinato, Lina
    Alarcon, Spencer and Ramos are mostly your 2-guards right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    16th players for a 14 game season plus playoffs is too much. If he was that good why would 15 other players be ahead of him. He would t have played much anyway.

The risk of losing him would be the same because he would not have been played much anyway.
    Well that's the same question I'm trying to figure out. How could a starter last season be relegated to a reserve role? My guess is that he's still trying to gain form back.

It's flawed to think that if he was the 16th guy on the roster means he wont play much. He plays wing and he is the next man up should there be any injuries.

Remember just this pre season, Escandor started several games because Emman, Ice, & Abadam were out. Archers were forced to play out of their rotation and they got outscored and outplayed because of this. A lot of things could happen to their wing depth and Emman is more suited to fill in that role than Escandor as he is the better player overall.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    Alarcon, Spencer and Ramos are mostly your 2-guards right?
    Alarcon and Brix are 2-guards, yes. Spencer also plays 2, but played mostly as a 3rd guard.

Well that's the same question I'm trying to figure out. How could a starter last season be relegated to a reserve role? My guess is that he's still trying to gain form back.

It's flawed to think that if he was the 16th guy on the roster means he wont play much. He plays wing and he is the next man up should there be any injuries.

Remember just this pre season, Escandor started several games because Emman, Ice, & Abadam were out. Archers were forced to play out of their rotation and they got outscored and outplayed because of this. A lot of things could happen to their wing depth and Emman is more suited to fill in that role than Escandor as he is the better player overall.
    He can only really play one position . Too small to play the 3 cant play the point. He’s a two and just a two.Not much of an athlete too to do other things

UST applying the box and 1 defense vs lastimosa.

"Eddie Laure" doing a Benjamin Button by playing in college again. LOL.

Is this gonna be a theme in UP-La Salle games? Ugly, defensive basketball?

Yet another high-octane low scoring sloppy game by both teams....

So far nothing solid from superstars Tamayo and KQuiam. Galinato has been quiet as well.

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Yet another high-octane low scoring sloppy game by both teams....

So far nothing solid from superstars Tamayo and KQuiam. Galinato has been quiet as well.
    Yah right UAAP "superstars". I'll be careful using that term to these guys. Only UAAP superstars that amounted to anything in the pros are Tenorio, Arwind, and James Yap. All from the previous gen. Only UAAP star that is currently a legit national team asset and elite pro is Dwight Ramos. Even he didn't really get to play in the UAAP lol

looks like another L for La Salle. Their set plays are always shite.

Page 61 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast