Page 64 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2150

Thread: UAAP Season 85

Quote Originally Posted by Juancho View Post
    Exactly, NCAA is a thing of the past now. Prestige was always on UAAP's side, now even quality is on UAAP for the past years and for the next decades if NCAA continues their archaic ways.

I bet even UP's reserve list can be stars in NCAA like Gozum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by earldeboy View Post
    If you really believe there will be a possibility for Tamayo to be a bust, no one will take your "opinions" seriously here.
    I don't even know why he had to segway the discussion to UAAP vs NCAA when no one is even comparing the 2 leagues.

The NCAA's golden days are over. There will be a few players who will make it to the PBA but I really doubt they can produce another Bolick or Mocon. The level of competition has gone way down in that league. Just look at San Beda and Letran's rosters and you will know the quality of the league.

San Beda used to be bannered by Bolick. Now their best guy is James Canlas, a 2nd round pick at the most.

No point in being in-denial just because of your ego. Nobody is comparing the 2 leagues anymore because it's pointless. All NCAA teams were decimated in the pre-season, that should be enough proof that the NCAA of today is no longer the same as before.

FEU keeping ADMU at bay and leads by halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    FEU keeping ADMU at bay and leads by halftime.
    They will wither away in the 2nd half against Ateneo. They have been like this in the last decade or so.

ateneo should really go all in for jared bahay.

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    They will wither away in the 2nd half against Ateneo. They have been like this in the last decade or so.
    ADMU’s weakest link this season are their guards. And ADMU’s Fil-Foreigners are obviously bothered by the pinoy physical brand of play.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    ADMU’s weakest link this season are their guards. And ADMU’s Fil-Foreigners are obviously bothered by the pinoy physical brand of play.
    Padrigao heard you and he begs to differ. Haha. Dave also coming alive in the 3rd.

Looks like Kai has not translated his pre-season game yet.

But yeah, Ateneo is most vulnerable this season compared to the past seasons.

Who is this Patrick Sleat for FEU? What a magic bunot. (Oh FEU Junior recruit pala)

Padrigao heard you and he begs to differ. Haha. Dave also coming alive in the 3rd.

Looks like Kai has not translated his pre-season game yet.

But yeah, Ateneo is most vulnerable this season compared to the past seasons.

Who is this Patrick Sleat for FEU? What a magic bunot. (Oh FEU Junior recruit pala)
    I guess Padrigao read my post. Haha.

Yup it’s Ballungay who has been the disappointment at least for this game.

Padrigao has all the talent just needs to fix his issues

I don't even know why he had to segway the discussion to UAAP vs NCAA when no one is even comparing the 2 leagues.

The NCAA's golden days are over. There will be a few players who will make it to the PBA but I really doubt they can produce another Bolick or Mocon. The level of competition has gone way down in that league. Just look at San Beda and Letran's rosters and you will know the quality of the league.

San Beda used to be bannered by Bolick. Now their best guy is James Canlas, a 2nd round pick at the most.

No point in being in-denial just because of your ego. Nobody is comparing the 2 leagues anymore because it's pointless. All NCAA teams were decimated in the pre-season, that should be enough proof that the NCAA of today is no longer the same as before.
    Actually, Juancho did the segue. impractical just dissed the quality of the UAAP players.

Wow, the outcome was that predictable?

Thumbs up UAAP Season 85

Here are the results from Day Two Sunday of the 85th University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP) at the Mall of Asia Arena hosted by Adamson University. READ MORE

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Wow, the outcome was that predictable?
    If you watch all FEU ADMU games, you'll know how this game will go. Ateneo is their kryptonite.

Padrigao with 19 points 6 rebounds 7 assists 2 TO’s 3/6 3 pt fg
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

<a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMaQAAyZ__?format=jpg&name=large target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMa...jpg&name=large</a>

UAAP has always have the most higly recruited players but only NCAA you will find the diamonds in the rough. NCAA players are used to being phusical and has a chip on their shoulder that make them better in pros.
    Tell me who are in the top 5 candidates for MVP last season in PBA, how many are from NCAA and UAAP

Quote Originally Posted by cha34 View Post
    UAAP teams play more of a team whereas NCAA loves to hang their hat on one man. Nelle said that's why he switched into a more scoring guard. The offense no longer revolves around him making plays. Instead, they run plays that sometimes forces him to shoot.

I imagine all these talented UAAP players suffered greatly as PBA requires superstars to take over too.
    The team style is why the UAAP can be a good source of role players. If not stars, serviceable role players.

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    UAAP has always have the most higly recruited players but only NCAA you will find the diamonds in the rough. NCAA players are used to being phusical and has a chip on their shoulder that make them better in pros.
    Tell me who are in the top 5 candidates for MVP last season in PBA, how many are from NCAA and UAAP
    Stop dwelling in the past. We're talking about the present and future. Name any PRESENT NCAA player who will eventually end up as a Mythical 5 or MVP candidate in the PBA in the future.

You talk about the NCAA as if it's the same league as before as if nothing has changed. A quick look at San Beda and Letran is all it takes to realize how the mighty has fallen. From someone like Bolick to James Canlas. From Rey Nambatac and Renz Abando to I don't even know who Letran's go-to-guy is.

If you still can't see it, there's always EO Optical for all your eyecare needs.

The team style is why the UAAP can be a good source of role players. If not stars, serviceable role players.
    Honestly I'm surprised system guys like Tiongson, Asistio and Mike Nieto turned out to be serviceable guys in the PBA. JPerk is another.

Disappointed with how Santi turned out.

Honestly I'm surprised system guys like Tiongson, Asistio and Mike Nieto turned out to be serviceable guys in the PBA. JPerk is another.

Disappointed with how Santi turned out.
    I was actually surprised that Mike's a serviceable role player in the PBA. He can still hustle and shoot. He's around 34-35% from 3 for this season, and at almost 10 a game. And Yeng sometimes had him as a PnR ballhandler.

As for Perk, he became a featured option.

Stop dwelling in the past. We're talking about the present and future. Name any PRESENT NCAA player who will eventually end up as a Mythical 5 or MVP candidate in the PBA in the future.

You talk about the NCAA as if it's the same league as before as if nothing has changed. A quick look at San Beda and Letran is all it takes to realize how the mighty has fallen. From someone like Bolick to James Canlas. From Rey Nambatac and Renz Abando to I don't even know who Letran's go-to-guy is.

If you still can't see it, there's always EO Optical for all your eyecare needs.
    Mine has basis, yours all in the future. There was not much hype on Scottie and Jia, all was with Troy, chris newsome, Marc Belo, Tolomia, Kevin Ferrer. Now who among those had a MVP type season.

So tell me how that work out. You and I will not know how these players will became. My eyes are fine reading facts, is your crystall ball see facts.
    Last edited by zairex; 10-02-2022 at 02:51 PM.

I was actually surprised that Mike's a serviceable role player in the PBA. He can still hustle and shoot. He's around 34-35% from 3 for this season, and at almost 10 a game. And Yeng sometimes had him as a PnR ballhandler.

As for Perk, he became a featured option.
    Mike was Ateneo top scorer in HS, way better offense than Matt. His like Gelo Ball, who actually is better offensive scorer than thw two brothers. It just that both are not athletic or skill enough compare to their brothers.

Page 64 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast