Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
    Ehem lol
    Yeah, Mapua and Lyceum are good schools too.

BTW, do the admin there contemplating to transfer in the UAAP? I think that Mapua, San Beda and Lyceum are the most qualified schools to become new members of the UAAP if the league decides to expand its membership.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

Comment

• UAAP Season 85

Here are the results from the continuing action in the Women's Division Sunday of the 85th University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP) at the University of Santo Tomas Quadricentennial Pavilion. READ MORE
      Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
      Servinio's Blog of Sports
      Servinio's Official YouTube channel
      Servinio's Official TWITTER account
      Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

• Ryan Alba says that the S81 Ateneo team under Tab has had the most PBA players (or PBA-level players) of any team: https://twitter.com/_alba__/status/1...sCNgsr1KQ&s=19

Well, he listed Kouame, Thirdy, Asistio, Nieto twins, Go, Tio, Navarro, Mamuyac, SJ, Wong, Black as PBA level guys. Their skillsets are translatable in the next level, whether defense, playmaking, or shooting. Shows how good Ateneo's development program has been (except for Black, who was really responsible for his own development). Kouame and Navarro have been good for the NT as well. Even Thirdy was at least serviceable.

As a UP fan, student, and alumnus, I hope we can emulate Ateneo in producing quality pros (whether stars or role players) and serviceable players for the NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post

BTW, do the admin there contemplating to transfer in the UAAP? I think that Mapua, San Beda and Lyceum are the most qualified schools to become new members of the UAAP if the league decides to expand its membership.
          besides the 3 schools you said, how about the other 2 universities in the NCAA do they have a shot of joining the UAAP?

Comment

• For the sake of discussion, adding Mapua + San Beda + Lyceum + 1 other university (preferably NCR-based but not member of NCAA or UAAP) brings us to a 12-team expansion in the UAAP. Actually it'll be good for the state of the basketball competition since the league is now more egalitarian than 10 years ago (for example, UP and Adamson are no longer cellar-dwellers), and it benefits the newcomers in turn to rise above in PR terms. The main downside is that a double round robin format with 12 teams yields 22 regular season games per school, which are too much in a single semester. A two-group format (with the top 3 teams in each group qualifying for playoffs) is more workable. I've actually been entertaining this thought for some time, maybe because it's just fun to have the UAAP expand for its own sake, and due to the improvements in coaching and individual player quality.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
              Ryan Alba says that the S81 Ateneo team under Tab has had the most PBA players (or PBA-level players) of any team: https://twitter.com/_alba__/status/1...sCNgsr1KQ&s=19

Well, he listed Kouame, Thirdy, Asistio, Nieto twins, Go, Tio, Navarro, Mamuyac, SJ, Wong, Black as PBA level guys. Their skillsets are translatable in the next level, whether defense, playmaking, or shooting. Shows how good Ateneo's development program has been (except for Black, who was really responsible for his own development). Kouame and Navarro have been good for the NT as well. Even Thirdy was at least serviceable.

As a UP fan, student, and alumnus, I hope we can emulate Ateneo in producing quality pros (whether stars or role players) and serviceable players for the NT.
              From the way BJ is playing, there's a good chance he'd be at least a "poor man's Tio" in the PBA.

Comment

• La Salle wins off a game winning buzzer beater from Austria. They're back from the dead. Good win without Schonny.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                  La Salle wins off a game winning buzzer beater from Austria. They're back from the dead. Good win without Schonny.
                  Austria literally pumped back some life for la salle. Must win for both UE and FEU to keep la salle and adamson at bay but they're facing NU and UP respectively later.

Comment

• Outrebounded again. DLSU desperately needs a big man with size and strength. Their frontcourt was effective last season cos of Balty. Without Balty and a more reliable FSA, there's no way DLSU can contain other teams with size.

Who can name the backup FSA playing in high school right now?

Comment

• anyone noticed nikko ramos not mentioning 4thsky's name instead naming him as the point guard from ateneo.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrainBamager View Post
                        anyone noticed nikko ramos not mentioning 4thsky's name instead naming him as the point guard from ateneo.
                        Didnt watch the game but good for him if he did.

Comment

• Saw the clip of the buzzer beater and photos of the match. Ice didn't seem excited for the game winner. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves after this season. I think he lost faith in Manong

Comment

• Originally posted by DrainBamager View Post
                            besides the 3 schools you said, how about the other 2 universities in the NCAA do they have a shot of joining the UAAP?
                            Sorry for my very late reply. I just noticed this yesterday.

To answer your question, no, I don't believe that JRU and Arellano have a shot to become UAAP members.

I believe that UAAP will look after the brand.
                            Attack
                            defend
                            Unite

Comment

• UAAP Season 85

Here are the results from the resumption after a 12-day break of the 85th University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP) Thursday at the Araneta Coliseum. READ MORE
                              Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
                              Servinio's Blog of Sports
                              Servinio's Official YouTube channel
                              Servinio's Official TWITTER account
                              Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post

Ages ago, there was rumour that my alma mater wants to transfer to UAAP. For me, it?s highly improbable coz of lack of boosters.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information