UAAP Season 85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrainBamager View Post
    Is john sherick estrada eligible? I think he'll be useful for teams like FEU and UE.
    would like to see a matchup between John (sherick) Estrada and Mark Gil Belmonte in the near future!

Comment

• Why is Ice Blanco not surnamed Hontiveros?

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
        Sloppy start by DLSU against lowly JRU after blowing out St. clare.

Robinson doesn't look impressive.
        Geremy shown flashes of great athleticism and potential on defense. He's also able to get to the rim well. I think it's taking him time to adjust to the local scene's physicality and timing. Just like Bright, I expect him to get acclimated. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
          Why is Ice Blanco not surnamed Hontiveros?
          Not married to mother

Comment

• Originally posted by Juancho View Post
            how in the world is representing Philippines in BWB Asia means he's still with La salle?

Basketball without Borders, the NBA and FIBA’s global basketball development and community outreach program, returned to Australia for the first time since 2016 in Melbourne to stage the 12th BWB Asia camp at NBA Global Academy, the league’s elite basketball training center at Basketball Australia’s Centre of Excellence at the Australian Institute of Sport, with Filipino standouts LA John Andres and Caelum Harris joining.

from the linked article:
            This year, BWB Asia featured the top 60 high-school age boys and girls from 15 countries and territories across the Asia-Pacific region, including the Philippines’ Andres of Ateneo and junior Gilas standout Harris.

can anyone confirm?
            LA Andres is still with DLSU. He posted a tiktok with Jared inside their dorm room 5 days ago. Link: ttps://vt.tiktok.com/ZSRBaRySD/

Comment

• Anyone know about EJ Gollena, La Salle's recruit? He's 6'3 but other than that can't find anything about him. Would like to know his game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                Will that lineup maintain his signature press, though?
                im confident they can. outside of Nwanko, you can watch how they play in youtube (highlights and full games) and they all have good motor. have you seen anything that may not make it feasible?
                WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                  https://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap-...TaSwM4_VPqdIvM

Duremdes' son now a growling tiger (probably born before kenneth was married to the kid's mom). Bocaue Mayor and Sen Joel's brother, Junjun Villanueva joins the coaching staff as well. Looks like Bal David rebooted Coach Jinino's roster
                  "BARELY a month as coach of University of Santo Tomas, Bal David already made one significant move for his alma mater."

he made his first move and it's a revamp already? should be 2 moves, Calimag is Coach Bal's recruit as well.

FSA is Coach Jinno's recruit -> https://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap-...ef=article_tag
                  Baclaan committed since 2021 to then HC Coach Jinno -> https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/d...-to-ust/210926
                  IPC posted this yesterday -> https://twitter.com/naveenganglani/s...AX-Aqh7sQ&s=19

it takes time to recruit, Coach Bal's boys will come in but outside of these filam's maybe those will come in next season.

SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by C2Hamm View Post
                    "BARELY a month as coach of University of Santo Tomas, Bal David already made one significant move for his alma mater."

he made his first move and it's a revamp already? should be 2 moves, Calimag is Coach Bal's recruit as well.

FSA is Coach Jinno's recruit -> https://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap-...ef=article_tag
                    Baclaan committed since 2021 to then HC Coach Jinno -> https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/d...-to-ust/210926
                    IPC posted this yesterday -> https://twitter.com/naveenganglani/s...AX-Aqh7sQ&s=19

it takes time to recruit, Coach Bal's boys will come in but outside of these filam's maybe those will come in next season.
                    And I expect the the Tigers to suck/be mediocre this season due to all the changes, but will be formidable/competitive come next season

Comment

And I expect the the Tigers to suck/be mediocre this season due to all the changes, but will be formidable/competitive come next season
                      i hope not. some players would like a competitive team already. so hopefully we stick with everyone on every game and just gets edged out. but i dont know how Coach Bal will coach so..... be hopeful nlng

SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

Dont sleep on UST. They have a very dynamic guard duo on Kean Baclaan and Nic Cabanero. I mean, somebody in IBN already posted that if you add 5 inches to Baclaan's height he'll be a cheat-code. But still, at 5'7, he's like 1 of the best players on the court already and he's just a rookie. Nic Cabanero is your 6'3 shooting guard who havent seen a shot he didnt like. Then there's SherCon at 6'5 who had a fling with Gilas before they left for Korea. Also have 6'5 Bryan Santos, an athletic wing. Sayang Gani left, he can add depth to the frontline sana. We'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
                          Dont sleep on UST. They have a very dynamic guard duo on Kean Baclaan and Nic Cabanero. I mean, somebody in IBN already posted that if you add 5 inches to Baclaan's height he'll be a cheat-code. But still, at 5'7, he's like the 1 best players on the court, and he's just a rookie. Nic Cabanero is your 6'3 shooting guard who havent seen a shot he didnt like. Then there's SherCon at 6'5 who had a fling with Gilas before they left for Korea. Also have 6'5 Bryan Santos, an athletic wing. Sayang Gani left, he can add depth to the frontline sana. We'll see.
                          Yep, they still have good recruits, and retained key players. They'll try to compete, and maybe have enough for Final Four.

Sherwin's 6'3", though, unless he grew.

Comment

• Originally posted by C2Hamm View Post
                            im confident they can. outside of Nwanko, you can watch how they play in youtube (highlights and full games) and they all have good motor. have you seen anything that may not make it feasible?
                            I admit, I have barely seen anything. I hope that it is feasible, though.

Comment

• Is NU overachieving this Fil-Oil? Will they be able to translate that to the UAAP?

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                                Yep, they still have good recruits, and retained key players. They'll try to compete, and maybe have enough for Final Four.

Sherwin's 6'3", though, unless he grew.
                                Did they cut Paul Manalang already?? He's not on their dleague and filoil lineup

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information