UAAP Season 85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    At any rate DLSUs 2 and 3 positions are overloaded. Austria, Macalalag, Abadam, Manuel, Escandor plus from team B you have Galman, David, Gollena, Andres, Mitchell and Robinson. Then you still have Marasigan and Coronel from HS.

Definitely 2 to 3 guys will be displaced.
    Yup overloaded. Here's to Escandor moving up to management ala Jacob Lao (Lmao) and Manuel leaving.

I like Galman actually. He can actually shoot the ball way better than Jcee and Abadam while David proves to be another ball handler and play maker that will be huge in breaking the press.

Rotations will open more after S86.

Do you have any source regarding Marasigan and Coronel's commitment? DLSU is not exactly known for its continuity.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
      At any rate DLSUs 2 and 3 positions are overloaded. Austria, Macalalag, Abadam, Manuel, Escandor plus from team B you have Galman, David, Gollena, Andres, Mitchell and Robinson. Then you still have Marasigan and Coronel from HS.

Definitely 2 to 3 guys will be displaced.
      None of those guys are good though except for Mitchell whos not a wing.

None of them are better than Alarcon , Koon ADMU’s and UP’s first wing of the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuck View Post
        None of those guys are good though except for Mitchell whos not a wing.

None of them are better than Alarcon , Koon ADMU’s and UP’s first wing of the bench.
        Just cos you're not familiar with their game doesn't mean they're not good lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by cha34 View Post
          Just cos you're not familiar with their game doesn't mean they're not good lmao.

Austria cant shoot well enough for a guy whos kinda slow and not that tall he can move off the ball and finish with both hands . Macalalag lacks range explosiveness , Galman cant gaurd anyone decent poor poor mans Vosotros cause he cant play point in a pinch and isnt physically strong , Coronel is more like Policarpio than a true wing, David is coming off an ACL and is older with minimal expirience .

You dont need a lot of wings you just need 3 good ones . DLSU’s best wing next to winston was Nonoy and hes 5’8

Would any of these guys get more minutes than the guys playing in the finals? Thats the level they have to be in for dlsu to be a contender.

Andrade, Dave, Koon
          Spencer , adabiano, Alarcon

Comment

Austria cant shoot well enough for a guy whos kinda slow and not that tall he can move off the ball and finish with both hands . Macalalag lacks range explosiveness , Galman cant gaurd anyone decent poor poor mans Vosotros cause he cant play point in a pinch and isnt physically strong , Coronel is more like Policarpio than a true wing, David is coming off an ACL and is older with minimal expirience .

You dont need a lot of wings you just need 3 good ones . DLSU?s best wing next to winston was Nonoy and hes 5?8

Would any of these guys get more minutes than the guys playing in the finals? Thats the level they have to be in for dlsu to be a contender.

Andrade, Dave, Koon
            Yup, I would put them up against any of the best wings. DLSU's problem is not the lack of talent. It's the injuries and coaching.

EDIT: LMAO on the Galman comparison as a poor man's Vosotros. You're really comparing an undersized PG to a wing. That's how I know this is a bait.

Comment

• I just find the assessment of Austria's major weakness to be so off. His main issue is that he is a poor free shooter that it hurts his main skill which is slashing to he rim and getting fouls.

Comment

You dont need a lot of wings you just need 3 good ones . DLSU?s best wing next to winston was Nonoy and hes 5?8

Andrade, Dave, Koon
                I?ll take the bait: you?re comparing all the DLSU wings who are first or second year players to guys like Dave and Andrade and Spencer who are 4th or 5th year players.

And yes, I?d probably take both Austria and Abadam over Alarcon and Abadiano to be honest. But maybe I?m in the minority.

Agree with the assessment above regarding Austria?s weakness which is poor FT shooting. Something that can be much easily remedied than weaknesses of a lot of other players, IMO.

Comment

• Is anyone here familiar with Calvin Oftana's game as a rookie? How was he? I just saw a recent highlight film of Poli and it was impressive. He was attacking off the dribble, shooting 3s, and making plays. I always thought that his comparison was Calvin and I wanted to know how good Calvin was in his rookie year.

Comment

Yup, I would put them up against any of the best wings. DLSU's problem is not the lack of talent. It's the injuries and coaching.

EDIT: LMAO on the Galman comparison as a poor man's Vosotros. You're really comparing an undersized PG to a wing. That's how I know this is a bait.
                    Almond never played point for long streches with Dlsu
                    Torres, Revilla played point almond played like 70% of his minutes at 2. Heck He was good at it and knew jow to defend most 2’s.

They got out played by Yerro, Manlapaz and Sabandal last game they played .

Comment

• Originally posted by Crustacean View Post
                      I?ll take the bait: you?re comparing all the DLSU wings who are first or second year players to guys like Dave and Andrade and Spencer who are 4th or 5th year players.

And yes, I?d probably take both Austria and Abadam over Alarcon and Abadiano to be honest. But maybe I?m in the minority.

Agree with the assessment above regarding Austria?s weakness which is poor FT shooting. Something that can be much easily remedied than weaknesses of a lot of other players, IMO.
                      Would you rather compare them to Escandor , Dave’s batchmate Manuel and the injured David?Who cares about age when were talking about how they matched up this year and how every game since winston went down they were out played in that regard.

Alarcon played over ricci in the closing game of the finals, adabiano has been steady in the final four this year and plays d .

Thats the problem if you want to contend with the top teams you have to match them with talent in terms of guards , wings and bigs .

Who was the last wing DLSU developed? Ricci? Lojera was an older transferee and only played decent when he was like 26 playing against kids. Serrano, Caracut , Montalbo are like 5’11 combo gaurds .

UP had the GDL’s Desiderio to a lesser extent Tungcab heck Calimag would have helped DLSU. He was practing with them this past summer but got cold feet .
                      Admu’s whole team practically went pro and are doing well.

Comment

Almond never played point for long streches with Dlsu
                        Torres, Revilla played point almond played like 70% of his minutes at 2. Heck He was good at it and knew jow to defend most 2’s.

They got out played by Yerro, Manlapaz and Sabandal last game they played .
                        and Galman exclusively plays wings, what's your point? They got outplayed how exactly? Cos they lost?

Comment

Would you rather compare them to Escandor , Dave’s batchmate Manuel and the injured David?Who cares about age when were talking about how they matched up this year and how every game since winston went down they were out played in that regard.

Alarcon played over ricci in the closing game of the finals, adabiano has been steady in the final four this year and plays d .

Thats the problem if you want to contend with the top teams you have to match them with talent in terms of guards , wings and bigs .

Who was the last wing DLSU developed? Ricci? Lojera was an older transferee and only played decent when he was like 26 playing against kids. Serrano, Caracut , Montalbo are like 5’11 combo gaurds .

UP had the GDL’s Desiderio to a lesser extent Tungcab heck Calimag would have helped DLSU. He was practing with them this past summer but got cold feet .
                          Admu’s whole team practically went pro and are doing well.
                          The most asinine comment I've seen. First of all, there are a variety of reasons why coaches plays a certain player over another but that doesn't mean they're better players. Secondly, you say to disregard the age for comparison and simply go by talent but in another comment, you wouldn't credit Kurt Lojera's development to DLSU cos he was already 26 when he took that leap even though he was part of the team for almost 5 years now. lmao

Just admit it, you're salty that the best prospects go to the highest bidder and unfortunately for DLSU, their season flopped. You're too emotional about it tbh.

Comment

The most asinine comment I've seen. First of all, there are a variety of reasons why coaches plays a certain player over another but that doesn't mean they're better players. Secondly, you say to disregard the age for comparison and simply go by talent but in another comment, you wouldn't credit Kurt Lojera's development to DLSU cos he was already 26 when he took that leap even though he was part of the team for almost 5 years now. lmao

Just admit it, you're salty that the best prospects go to the highest bidder and unfortunately for DLSU, their season flopped. You're too emotional about it tbh.

Lojera is Mid 5 years in dlsu and really only played well when he was older than the competition . It wasnt even like he was lighting the league on fire he was just better than eveyone on the team else sans winston. how can i give them credit when dlsu cut him adu, transfered was an 8thish man moved back to the u.s.a during the pandemic was training for 2 years there or here alone and is all of sudden better.

Dlsu wings got out played. Not even just scoring less points and not making anything happen in the half court
                            Didnt box out Yerro crucial situation, lost track of manlapaz so he got the easy two.
                            Pts were hard to come by and gave away 4 right there. Yerro hit the crucial 3 and sabandal. While also playing better defense. Nelle who is a lazy defender was left as the best option on Lastimosa .

I dont even have to look at the box score to know that only Austria showed up. The two others had like 2 pts combined

The best prospect always go to the highest bidder what does thay have to do with anything here?

Comment

• Abadam and Macalalag are two of the youngest rotation players in the UAAP. Austria is still in his second year and would just be a junior even without the pandemic. Ill give you that La Salle had a bad run of recruiting/development(I would argue more of recruiting) with Manuel, Escandor and Corteza but that was supplanted by the recruitment of older players like Winston, Lojera and Malonzo.

Comment

Lojera is Mid 5 years in dlsu and really only played well when he was older than the competition . It wasnt even like he was lighting the league on fire he was just better than eveyone on the team else sans winston. how can i give them credit when dlsu cut him adu, transfered was an 8thish man moved back to the u.s.a during the pandemic was training for 2 years there or here alone and is all of sudden better.

Dlsu wings got out played. Not even just scoring less points and not making anything happen in the half court
                                Didnt box out Yerro crucial situation, lost track of manlapaz so he got the easy two.
                                Pts were hard to come by and gave away 4 right there. Yerro hit the crucial 3 and sabandal. While also playing better defense. Nelle who is a lazy defender was left as the best option on Lastimosa .

I dont even have to look at the box score to know that only Austria showed up. The two others had like 2 pts combined

The best prospect always go to the highest bidder what does thay have to do with anything here?
                                So now you're saying age does play a factor then? lmao. 1K posts and this dude ruined his entire credibility. tell us more of your insights.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information