Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 219

Thread: UAAP Season 85

  1. #1
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    22,349
    Country: Philippines

    Default UAAP Season 85

    Defending Champions: UP Fighting Maroons
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

    <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMaQAAyZ__?format=jpg&name=large target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMa...jpg&name=large</a>

  2. #2
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    7,491
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Defending Champions: UP Fighting Maroons
    We're under pressure to defend it now. Ateneo's getting stronger. However, I think we have some strengthening of our own.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    6,227
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    We're under pressure to defend it now. Ateneo's getting stronger. However, I think we have some strengthening of our own.
    Wait for Tamayo to go overseas. Jk.

    Carl would probably play in Fiba Asia though. Hehe.

    Good development for him for next season

  4. #4
    Senior Member Sikatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,704
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Additions excluding Season 84 COVID reserves

    Adamson- Flever Dignadice
    Ray Allen Torres

    Ateneo-Kai Ballungay
    Andrew Bongo

    DLSU- Kevin Quiambao
    Jonnel Policarpio
    Ice Hontiveros

    FEU- Josh Ramirez?

    NU- Nat Tulabut
    PJ Palacielo

    UE- Joshua Alcantara
    Calvin Payawal?

    UP- Aldous Torculas
    Collin Dimaculangan
    Jancork Cabahug
    Cyril Gonzales

    UST-Kean Baclaan
    Gani Stevens

    If I missed anyone just add

    EDIT: Also does anyone know if UE and UST have FSA's ready for 85?
    Last edited by Sikatrix; 05-13-2022 at 03:21 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    7,491
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Wait for Tamayo to go overseas. Jk.

    Carl would probably play in Fiba Asia though. Hehe.

    Good development for him for next season
    I actually would like for Carl to play overseas, even if it might hurt UP. Hahahahaha.

    Good for his development, e.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Sikatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,704
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    I actually would like for Carl to play overseas, even if it might hurt UP. Hahahahaha.

    Good for his development, e.
    Yup whats best for Gilas is different from whats best for the schools. I wonder which players get BLeague/KBL offers.
    Last edited by Sikatrix; 05-13-2022 at 03:20 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Sikatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,704
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Also worth noting, new coach for UST and if I had to guess UE for season 85.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    705
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    I actually would like for Carl to play overseas, even if it might hurt UP. Hahahahaha.

    Good for his development, e.
    same, as much as i want him to stay and win more for up it would ultimately be better for his growth to play overseas. also better for gilas as well.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    705
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    Yup whats best for Gilas is different from whats best for the schools. I wonder which players get BLeague/KBL offers.
    balti is the only sure thing (as far as getting offers) i can think of.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    6,227
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Since Baltazar will go overseas.

    Quiambao and Ice Hontiveros will now take spots in DLSU.

    Ok din tong lineup ng DLSU. Hope he will be maximized next season.

  11. #11
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    4,747

    Default

    Quiambao is the replacement for Balti. He will be an excellent 4/5. But not a 3(SF) as some are proclaiming.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    6,227
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    Quiambao is the replacement for Balti. He will be an excellent 4/5. But not a 3(SF) as some are proclaiming.
    As long as not the Jurrasic type of Big/Center. It is ok.

    Balti plays PF/C. But plays like a forward more

  13. #13
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    6,096
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    Yup whats best for Gilas is different from whats best for the schools. I wonder which players get BLeague/KBL offers.
    I am excited for players who got offers from KBL teams. I hope our Pinoy players will deliver there.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

  14. #14
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    7,491
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    JD was probably one of the most low key addition of UP coming in to the season. A bit undersized he was let go by La Salle. UP had the more popular Goldy boys coming in with Abadiano and Forteja. But JD took the PG position and is the main reason why they won the last Finals game.
    Unfortunately, we can't have JD as our only facilitator. Hopefully, we can develop Abadiano, Gonzales, and maybe Cansino, Alarcon, and Fortea as backup facilitators.

    Kasi, lotta times this happened, but if you shut down JD (or put him in foul trouble), you shut down UP's offense.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    146
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    Additions excluding Season 84 COVID reserves

    Adamson- Flever Dignadice
    Ray Allen Torres

    Ateneo-Kai Ballungay
    Andrew Bongo

    DLSU- Kevin Quiambao
    Jonnel Policarpio
    Ice Hontiveros

    FEU- Josh Ramirez?

    NU- Nat Tulabut
    PJ Palacielo

    UE- Joshua Alcantara
    Calvin Payawal?

    UP- Aldous Torculas
    Collin Dimaculangan
    Jancork Cabahug
    Cyril Gonzales

    UST-Kean Baclaan
    Gani Stevens

    If I missed anyone just add

    EDIT: Also does anyone know if UE and UST have FSA's ready for 85?
    Jared Abadam for DLSU

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    146
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    As long as not the Jurrasic type of Big/Center. It is ok.

    Balti plays PF/C. But plays like a forward more
    quiambao is a face up big man that's why people keep on saying he's more skilled than tamayo. well of course before carl joined the gilas program. and I think his defense sets him apart from carl.
    BTW, is josh david good to go for season 85 or 86

  17. #17
    Senior Member Sikatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,704
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrainBamager View Post
    quiambao is a face up big man that's why people keep on saying he's more skilled than tamayo. well of course before carl joined the gilas program. and I think his defense sets him apart from carl.
    BTW, is josh david good to go for season 85 or 86
    Season 86 since a torn ACL takes at least 9 months.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    705
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    Quiambao is the replacement for Balti. He will be an excellent 4/5. But not a 3(SF) as some are proclaiming.
    not a big deal since balti doesn't on the wing for la salle anyway, only on gilas

  19. #19
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    7,491
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Goldwin does have something to prove this coming seasons.

    1. Does he have the ability to implement his offensive system further, and make UP able to execute in the halfcourt? This team has the potential to reach 108 ORTG, just need halfcourt execution and shooting.
    2. When the opponent's on the halfcourt, can his team continue to maintain their discipline on defense? 3rd in defense, will they maintain or improve on that?
    3. Will he adjust when opposing teams adjust to UP's press and blitz defense? Those defenses work on players that lose their composure, and when that blitz goes against a composed player like Belangel, what can UP do to adjust and rotate?
    4. (This is for me, personally) Can he develop players like Eusebio, Torculas, later Briones, and even Lucero into reliable wing players? Yes, he has developed guards (Alarcon, Abadiano, Fortea, Gonzales, Felicilda) and combo forwards (Tamayo, Quiambao), but FIBA-sized wings are different. Ito na challenge niya sa development.

    Need to prove that he's not a one-season wonder as well in the collegiate level.

  20. #20
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    7,491
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post
    not a big deal since balti doesn't on the wing for la salle anyway, only on gilas
    Balti's a natural 4 anyways. He just happens to have the ability to switch onto perimeter players. Good switcher and team defender, not so much man-to-man.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •