X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petronovela has reached UST.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubidub View Post
      There is more to this exit than meets the eye.

Regardless, I do not understand UST's vision. 3 things bug me:

1) they hastily replaced manansala after 1 season wherein he overachieved
      3) the dleague ust team and the filoil ust team are handled by 2 different coaches. Why isn't david coaching the team?
      1) Coach Jinno was a place holder. there was a push to bring back Coach Ayo.
      3) Before filoil started, there were reports already that Coach Jinno told UST he will Coach St Clare. the team he has been coaching for the past x years. when the games was about to start, there was no HC, so they got someone. I dont know why Coach Bal has not started coaching.

i forgot the date but i already see tryout dates in my UST alumni fb group. although the vets will have an advantage, its technically start from scratch because Coach Bal is completely new. he has no connection what so ever with any of the outgoing coaches that I know of.

no comment with #2. i've no idea with the process they did and have no plans in asking friends who are still in UST.
      WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
      SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
        Why? No wonder they have been MIA.
        even Jordi is MIA

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
          even Jordi is MIA
          I saw Tweets saying that he was practicing with the Maroons. Even a post saying that he returned to UP, although that post has been deleted.

Comment

• Originally posted by r1ck View Post
            There are rumors coming from Espana that Stevens and Wilson are leaving UST.
            fastbreak times stirring the pot, though UST's reluctance to comment is concerning. Stevens will be a prized recruit for other schools, but Wilson would be a hard sel especially with UAAP teams rather going for tall/Center FSAs.

link: https://fastbreak.com.ph/gani-steven...Glfb2F-zKDw1hY

Originally posted by IPC View Post
            I saw Tweets saying that he was practicing with the Maroons. Even a post saying that he returned to UP, although that post has been deleted.
            Yikes, I was expecting him to contribute this season for the Tigers along with Baclaan

Comment

• There were alot of rumors floating around about possible head coaches for UST before Bal David's appointment. I know for a fact that some in UST were angling for an Aldin Ayo return but the higher ups were divided on that coupled with rumors that Ayo was not in good terms with a long time backer of the MBT. Its that same faction (anti Ayo) that initiated talks with SMC about a possible sponsorship and program takeover. And when the talks with SMC started Ayo's camp gave up on a possible come back.

With regards to Stevens, he was promised that he will be given big minutes and that he will be able to play with Wilson. But the new coaches made it clear they want a big man as their FSA and that was the deal breaker for Stevens.

No official announcement yet but Jordi GDL is indeed out of UST.
              お元気ですか?

Comment

• Originally posted by C2Hamm View Post
                1) Coach Jinno was a place holder. there was a push to bring back Coach Ayo.
                3) Before filoil started, there were reports already that Coach Jinno told UST he will Coach St Clare. the team he has been coaching for the past x years. when the games was about to start, there was no HC, so they got someone. I dont know why Coach Bal has not started coaching.

i forgot the date but i already see tryout dates in my UST alumni fb group. although the vets will have an advantage, its technically start from scratch because Coach Bal is completely new. he has no connection what so ever with any of the outgoing coaches that I know of.

no comment with #2. i've no idea with the process they did and have no plans in asking friends who are still in UST.
                Yeah, I knew Jinino was a placeholder but he was better than decent last year. Between him and Bal tho, I'd rather have him be a placeholder again this year than have a neophyte coach. Bal can prove me wrong but it's just that I do not understand UST's vision. It's very chaotic.

UST's DLeague coach is Alocillo while Jinino is coaching St. Clare. Then Jinino is calling the shots in Filoil. Must be confusing for the players to play for 2 different coaches with different styles and preferences in the rotation. If Bal won't coach, why not have one of his deputies call the shots for both leagues?

It's so confusing. Next season is supposed to start next month.

Comment

There were alot of rumors floating around about possible head coaches for UST before Bal David's appointment. I know for a fact that some in UST were angling for an Aldin Ayo return but the higher ups were divided on that coupled with rumors that Ayo was not in good terms with a long time backer of the MBT. Its that same faction (anti Ayo) that initiated talks with SMC about a possible sponsorship and program takeover. And when the talks with SMC started Ayo's camp gave up on a possible come back.

With regards to Stevens, he was promised that he will be given big minutes and that he will be able to play with Wilson. But the new coaches made it clear they want a big man as their FSA and that was the deal breaker for Stevens.
                  There's more than what meets the eye...

Comment

There's more than what meets the eye...
                    All I can say for now is that they are out and it had nothing to do with coach or game time.

Comment

All I can say for now is that they are out and it had nothing to do with coach or game time.
                      If anything I would actually like Stevens to go to Ateneo. With how Tab's coaching staff was able to develop a slow and pudgy big that could barely dunk then in Geo Chiu into the a sevicable national team player, imagine just how good Stevens could become.
                      お元気ですか?

Comment

• I didn't know about Jordi's status but sad to learn that he's out of the team.

As to Stevens and Willie, based solely on observation, I feel like they were a bit underutilized during the games they were allowed to play. Imagine flying kids all the way from the US and having them warm the bench instead of giving them a chance to show why they're here in the first place. A bit of a waste imo.

Comment

If anything I would actually like Stevens to go to Ateneo. With how Tab's coaching staff was able to develop a slow and pudgy big that could barely dunk then in Geo Chiu into the a sevicable national team player, imagine just how good Stevens could become.
                          Sucks since I thought he also would've been good with UST given that he would have had good exposure there. Gani would fit well with stretch forwards such as Santos and Shercon and drive and dish guys such as Nic and Baclaan.

But pretty sure we will see Gani end up somewhere soon.

Comment

• good news naman, masyado tayo maritess sa uste e.
                            Echo Laure commits to UST -> https://www.rappler.com/sports/uaap/...g-tigers-2022/
                            i was wrong, the Coach Bal David open tryout happened last 1-4th August.
                            WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                            SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• UST new FSA, Mohamed Tounkara (6-7)

so both Wilson and Tounkara would have to sit 1 year residency pala, no wonder Wilson is MIA

University of Santo Tomas continues to beef up its roster for UAAP Season 86. Mohamed Tounkara, a 6-foot-7 center from Mali, has enrolled in UST and was presented to Institute of Physical Education and Athletics director Fr. Rodel S. Cansancio, OP. on Monday. Current Tiger Cubs head coach Jinino Manansala was the one who recruited […]

Comment

• found their bigger FSA

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information