Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eurobasket 2022 Overview

I am not such optimist about our NT. First of all yet to see if Larkin will be there, but even with him we lack of true scorer in the team(beside Larkin). Never liked Korkmaz and his wild shooting selection

I would like to see Bitim in the NT with much bigger role

Larkin-Bitim-Cedi-no idea-Sanli could be interesant team to watch, athletic guys who know to fight at least. I realy don't know any decent PF who could be in level with this guys. Maybe Sengun can play that position, if we can't find true PF
    Last edited by janketa; 05-22-2022 at 08:18 PM.

Wondering when FIBA who are screaming out they care for the basketball development, will get rid of this retarded naturalization rule. Like how can you make guys like Lorenzo Brown or Anthony Randolph available for any fucking team with this rule? When they have nothing to do with the country they are playing. Disgraceful at least.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Never liked Korkmaz and his wild shooting selection
    Lol omg, I have to step in here, I owe it to my username. Lets ask this: tell me the last match in the NT where Furkan actually played bad? Like, if we think of Cedi you dont have to go far back, it’s literally his most recent match, where he was a total one man circus with only 4 points against a bunch of champions league level banana players + Calathes and Sloukas.

Furkan....? the last time I remember Furkan playing a truely bad match was against Germany in the U20(!) tournament where he flew back from the United States and joined the team later, possibly jetlagged. Furkan is our best player, I dont care how his NBA career has stalled on that toxic Philadelphia team, he’s still our most consistent and talented player (Sengun has yet to prove himself for me).

Lmao these champions league banana players blown your so called stars out by 20 points.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Unfortunately, Korkmaz mindset is not keen enough to be a star player. He is indeed very talented but scares away from time to time. He is also very inconsistent and needs always to be petted but surely a great scorer in Europe but Sengun is a different caliber. He is the winner type guy who shies away from nobody. High motor, high focus great IQ guy. Surely not fully ready but even today one of the best low post scorer and passing bigs in the whole NBA. The only things he needs to add is strength and shooting and it will come sooner than later.

The Turkish NT is or should now be his team and Larkins off course. Furk never stepped up to be the main guy which is one of the problems we had. The biggest problem is to tell Osman now that he is not the first or the second option of the team. He tried to fill out a role that he is not able to fill but Ataman will restrict him for sure. Furk has with Larkin just the job of a normal wing. Attack the rim and to shoot.

And you can expect from Sengun a Pau Gasol light performance.

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Lmao these champions league banana players blown your so called stars out by 20 points.
    And they were blown by the Czechs by 30 who on the other hand were blown by 20 against Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    And they were blown by the Czechs by 30 who on the other hand were blown by 20 against Turkey.
    Yeah strange things happen once in a while apart from the fact that these banana players can't lose to Turkey as proven again and again
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Yeah strange things happen once in a while apart from the fact that these banana players can't lose to Turkey as proven again and again
    Everything changes so this will change too.

If you have such a high opinion of these players then why don’t you take them into your euroleague team and let them lead you in the following season? No... seriously I insist.

You seem to have repeated talking about these meaningless victories on this forum, one of which was even because of referees, everytime the subject opens. I cant take you very serious if you celebrate a qualifiers win among C teams over and over again, displaying some sort of complex. Guess what, in these qualifiers even Lithuania needed a match winner against Denmark being at the brink of elimination. Totally irrelevant to draw conclusions with this setup... but apparently some people aren’t clever enough to see this.

And like mentioned before, what was the net result of your wins? Against a Turkish team that has very little chemistry a 17 year old Sengun and no pg? Getting destroyed in the final.
    Greece won not because it was good, but because Turkey played at rock bottom of its potential, mainly because of Cedi, who won’t always be that bad.

Fun fact, the betting agencies gave the Czech a 3.4(!!) odd in that match, and Greece only 1.4, clearly in these backwater lineups some people are not able to differentiate between a good roster and a bad one. An odd over 3 for a clear favorite is very rare, ofcourse I couldnt let such a rare opportunity slip, and made nice profit thanks to your banana players. Thank you my dear.
    Last edited by Furkan Korkmaz; 05-23-2022 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
    Lol omg, I have to step in here, I owe it to my username. Lets ask this: tell me the last match in the NT where Furkan actually played bad? Like, if we think of Cedi you dont have to go far back, it’s literally his most recent match, where he was a total one man circus with only 4 points against a bunch of champions league level banana players + Calathes and Sloukas.

Furkan....? the last time I remember Furkan playing a truely bad match was against Germany in the U20(!) tournament where he flew back from the United States and joined the team later, possibly jetlagged. Furkan is our best player, I dont care how his NBA career has stalled on that toxic Philadelphia team, he’s still our most consistent and talented player (Sengun has yet to prove himself for me).
    I didn't say don't like Korkmaz from IBN, but Korkmaz player

I will explain a little bit... When I say don't like Melih it's because I am on the edge to hate him because he is idiot ans doesn't deserve to wear Fener's and NT jersey and especially not to be captain

When I say I don't like Korkmaz(player) it's much different. Unlike Melih he is talented, he works on his body, he tries to be better, but... still more or less on the same level of role player. Saying that I mean NT games not his NBA like you thought. I watched him last time in Canada btw

Whenever he tries to take the main role I see wild shooting or brainless penetration. Maybe that's consequence of too early going to club where his role is auxiliary. He missed opportunity to be at least year or two leader of some team and to build his character on that. (Year in Banvit isn't that btw, he needed more time to spend and bigger role). I like Bitim staying in Bursa instead of going to Efes. I have big hope for him

If he suck I will in maybe write the same for him. I don't like players who waste talents and opportunities they get, that's all
    Last edited by janketa; 05-23-2022 at 12:02 PM.

Bogdan Bogdanovic unlikely to play in Eurobasket 22 due to a knee injury

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurobas...22-eurobasket/

Huge loss if true. I treat him best EB player after Doncic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Big blow if Bogdan is out. It's a small procedure on his knee, but he was already advised by medical staff to skip summer activities and I'm sure Hawks will suggest the same. Then, another problem would be huge insurance that has to be payed in case he wants to play. Tricky situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    Big blow if Bogdan is out. It's a small procedure on his knee, but he was already advised by medical staff to skip summer activities and I'm sure Hawks will suggest the same. Then, another problem would be huge insurance that has to be payed in case he wants to play. Tricky situation.
    He is the single most important player for Serbia imo. More dangerous that Jokic in international play. He is a lethal shooter.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    He is the single most important player for Serbia imo. More dangerous that Jokic in international play. He is a lethal shooter.
    Bogdan has been the leader and best player of our team since 2017. With that being said, if Jokic comes motivated and ready to play, I have little doubt that he would live up to expectations. That kind of skill set is unstoppable in any basketball environment, whether it's FIBA or NBA. He is just different. However, as it stands right now Serbian NT might appear in full roster or might end up something like 2017. without more than half roster.

Imagine having an NT player for whom you have to send an entire lobby delegation to convince his participation before every single tournament... I may like Furkan, but if we had to beg him to participate for HIS NATIONAL TEAM every single tournament, after 1 time he would no longer be welcome for me. Anything other than automatic participation is unacceptable. The same goes for Jokic by the way (in contrast to Bogdan who’s always there for his country without question, the way its supposed to be).

Maybe an unpopular opinion for the Greek “Giannis is more greek than most greeks I know” crew, but at this point I am religiously convinced the only reason Giannis doesnt cut ties altogether is only for the strategic benefit of his much less talented brothers in Greek basketball (club and nt) and the number of greek Bucks fans, both in Greece and their large diaspora. (Milwaukee is a village franchise and this new target audience is of importance for them).

Now imagine having to pay for someone like Larkin or Wilbekin or Dixon to play for your team.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Imagine trying to clap back regarding a subjective topic without substance or arguments but triggered, ungrounded and false rumors. On 2 occasions I have seen Shane himself answer back at twitter trolls attacking him for being paid (both were Greek, maybe it was R1ou LOL), by saying he’s not getting paid. I was able to dig this one up, the other one he seemed more annoyed, but it seems gone.

Wondering when FIBA who are screaming out they care for the basketball development, will get rid of this retarded naturalization rule. Like how can you make guys like Lorenzo Brown or Anthony Randolph available for any fucking team with this rule? When they have nothing to do with the country they are playing. Disgraceful at least.
    FIBA is actually rigid, at least much more rigid than FIFA. In Bosnian football team we always had plenty of players who were born in countries like Germany or Sweden, who never lived in BiH, and they played for youth national teams of their birth country before they switch to BiH because it's the country of their parents, even though their Bosnian is limited to 100 words.

It was never an issue for FIFA, we could make entire team of players like them, and it's irrelevant when did they got BiH citizenship, or did they play for another country youth national teams before. Last example are centre backs Hadzikadunic and Ahmedhodzic, they played together for the Sweden U21 national team, before they made overnight "transfer" to the BiH national team.

FIBA doesn't allow us to use players with such backstory at all. Most radical example is Amar Alibegovic, both of his parents were born in BiH(his dad Teoman actually played for Slovenia and he is the best scorer of Slovenian national team of all time, but that's another story), all of his grandparents were born in BiH, he's 100% Bosnian, he played for BiH U20 team and only for BiH, but FIBA doesn't allow him to play for us except as naturalized player because he was born in the USA and didn't have BiH citizenship before he was 16 years of age.

If FIBA was like FIFA our national team would have let's say 3 additional "Nick Calathes backstory" players in roster, that's quarter of 12. Contrary to popular belief, FIBA actually should soften their regulation, not become even more harsh.
    Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast