Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eurobasket 2022 Overview

So Russia and Belarus are banned for the world cup qualifiers and Eurobasket.

All the games against these teams are annuled.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Ataman just claimed he will be Eurobasket champion with the NT. If this happens I will fly to Istanbul just to kiss his forehead

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Ataman just claimed he will be Eurobasket champion with the NT. If this happens I will fly to Istanbul just to kiss his forehead
    Hmmm...Last time I checked Micic still holds Serbian passport

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    Hmmm...Last time I checked Micic still holds Serbian passport
    hahahahaha

Lithuanians still cant believe that young serbian who came to Zalgiris in 2017/2018 and averaged under 8pts is best euroleague guard since 2021.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-22-2022 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Lithuanians still cant believe that young serbian who came to Zalgiris in 2017/2018 and averaged under 8pts is best euroleague guard since 2021.
    I never had problems to believe that. I remember that last season with Zalgiris. At the end of it I was thinking "how good is this guy". He could go for hard drives, to pull up a mid rage jimmy and he was shooting cheeky threes with a high leap which is very impressive. That high leaping jump shot allowed him to sink a game winner in semis. We gotta give credit to Saras too. Prior Zalgiris, I remember Serbian fellows having different thoughts about this Saras' choice.
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    I never had problems to believe that. I remember that last season with Zalgiris. At the end of it I was thinking "how good is this guy". He could go for hard drives, to pull up a mid rage jimmy and he was shooting cheeky threes with a high leap which is very impressive. That high leaping jump shot allowed him to sink a game winner in semis. We gotta give credit to Saras too. Prior Zalgiris, I remember Serbian fellows having different thoughts about this Saras' choice.
    In 2017 Micic was unplayable in Serbian NT during Eurobasket. Literally unplayable even though we had just one point guard on the team being half injured. His development is astonishing. And I recently heard Micic in an interview praising Saras for helping him understand the game better and deeper as a PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    In 2017 Micic was unplayable in Serbian NT during Eurobasket. Literally unplayable even though we had just one point guard on the team being half injured. His development is astonishing. And I recently heard Micic in an interview praising Saras for helping him understand the game better and deeper as a PG.
    Micic was always very talented but he had two big injuries. Bayern with Svetislav Pesic didnt work. Pesic didnt trust him very much and he had his confidence back in Bursa which opened him the Euroleague level and yes Jasikevicius helped him making the next step with Efes he made the final step to a star but he had luck that Larkin was really bad that season until the Barcelona game where he exploded.

You must take the right path and work hard. Now we are expecting him to be meaningful to the Serbian NT

Micic was always very talented but he had two big injuries. Bayern with Svetislav Pesic didnt work. Pesic didnt trust him very much and he had his confidence back in Bursa which opened him the Euroleague level and yes Jasikevicius helped him making the next step with Efes he made the final step to a star but he had luck that Larkin was really bad that season until the Barcelona game where he exploded.

You must take the right path and work hard. Now we are expecting him to be meaningful to the Serbian NT
    Its going to be harder for hin to be the same player in NT as he is at Efes. His game style is not exactly great fit with Bogdan and Jokic, but we'll see how it works out. Some adjustments will be needed for sure.

If Abalde and Llull are the guards for the Spanish NT then its a golden chance for us to finish at the first seed. Abalde thinks he is Luka Doncic but he is a forward who cant even deal with the ball. Lull is getting older and older. Since there will be no Laso Scariolo wont come with a fruitful game plan. I am sure. The front court cant shoot at all, so we can lock up the paint and let Llull take his crazy shots. ^^

Being first and beating the fourth this respectable group B will open up the path for us. My calculations say either Croatia or Czechs in the quarter final.

If Abalde and Llull are the guards for the Spanish NT then its a golden chance for us to finish at the first seed. Abalde thinks he is Luka Doncic but he is a forward who cant even deal with the ball. Lull is getting older and older. Since there will be no Laso Scariolo wont come with a fruitful game plan. I am sure. The front court cant shoot at all, so we can lock up the paint and let Llull take his crazy shots. ^^

Being first and beating the fourth this respectable group B will open up the path for us. My calculations say either Croatia or Czechs in the quarter final.
    Spain will be weaker, that's a fact.

Can you explicit how you meet Croatia or Czechs in 4finals?

Spain will be weaker, that's a fact.

Can you explicit how you meet Croatia or Czechs in 4finals?
    Premised Turkey will be first then the first opponent will be the fourth of group B and then presumed A1 wins its C3 or D2 and looking at the groups C

Group C will look like this

Greece
    Italy
    Croatia

Group D:
    Serbia
    Czech Rep.

Its really the easiest path IMO for the quarter finals.

Gobert in for France. Good news for them after De Colo and Batum withdrew. France's choices of bigs pretty impressive: Gobert, M. Fall, Poirier, Mam Jaiteh and even Wembanyama already shows glimpses of greatness.

But it will be interesting if De Colo and Batum's absence won't hit them too hard. A lot will depend how Okobo will integrate into the NT culture.

Premised Turkey will be first then the first opponent will be the fourth of group B and then presumed A1 wins its C3 or D2 and looking at the groups C

Group C will look like this

Greece
    Italy
    Croatia

Group D:
    Serbia
    Czech Rep.

Its really the easiest path IMO for the quarter finals.
    But it's not easy, cause you will have to face one of France, Slovenia, Lithuania, Germany. It will be 50/50 (at best for Turkey...OK, Germany is 50/50 I would say). Even if you will pass that. There's a good chance to meat Serbia as D2. Serbia can slip on Israel or Czech Rep. Serbia is usually distracted giant.

Super deep B group makes your 16 finals a bit of hell to be honest...That's where the journey can easily end.

How some people come to the conclusion that Turkey will finish ahead of Spain and will have a walkover until the quarter finals, when in reality it’s a team that struggling against the likes of Sweden, Netherlands and Belarus is wonderful lol.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

But it's not easy, cause you will have to face one of France, Slovenia, Lithuania, Germany. It will be 50/50 (at best for Turkey...OK, Germany is 50/50 I would say). Even if you will pass that. There's a good chance to meat Serbia as D2. Serbia can slip on Israel or Czech Rep. Serbia is usually distracted giant.

Super deep B group makes your 16 finals a bit of hell to be honest...That's where the journey can easily end.
    Off course it can end. Its still the easiest path and like I said before I am not afraid of Germany or Lithuania. Cant assume a Slovenia with Doncic... better not and France must be avoided in any case.

Being second means Serbia in the quarter finals and then its really where the road probably ends.

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    How some people come to the conclusion that Turkey will finish ahead of Spain and will have a walkover until the quarter finals, when in reality it’s a team that struggling against the likes of Sweden, Netherlands and Belarus is wonderful lol.
    You see basketball too statically. Every year national teams change. Some players getting older some youngs mature and every team in the FIBA windows struggle because there is no time for preparations and these teams dont each other at all. In Turkeys case its even more devastating because all scorers are in the NBA and they play now so the situation is not the same.

Off course it can end. Its still the easiest path and like I said before I am not afraid of Germany or Lithuania. Cant assume a Slovenia with Doncic... better not and France must be avoided in any case.

Being second means Serbia in the quarter finals and then its really where the road probably ends.
    That easy path goes through the very thin ice in other words...very thin. Group A is not a walk in the park, even the game against newly added Montenegro will be a dog fight for Turkey, let alone Spain, Georgia and underrated Belgium. Turkey can top the group, it's realistic, but far from given.

That easy path goes through the very thin ice in other words...very thin. Group A is not a walk in the park, even the game against newly added Montenegro will be a dog fight for Turkey, let alone Spain, Georgia and underrated Belgium. Turkey can top the group, it's realistic, but far from given.
    Georgia will be hard but Montenegro will go very easily the rest... you must have the right mindset. I wouldnt be so optimistic if there wasnt a player like Larkin who can change the mindset of such a young team but this time there is enough time to prepare, a good offensive coach with material is in charge and the team albeit having some weak points is good.

Move from Spain.

The FEB is working on the naturalisation of Lorenzo Brown so that he can play the Eurobasket starting for the Spanish national team on 1 September in Georgia. However, it will not be easy to obtain it. According @juanjimenista
    on @AS_baloncesto

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast