Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 273

Thread: Eurobasket 2022 Overview

  1. #161
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    12,813
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    ...and Giannis on 5 considering his capabilities... well, it could be a game changer, one of those that seem incredibly hard to play against. He is widely underestimated in europe, due to the fact he wasn't properly utilised in the NT. But he is still a beast.

    I remember Giannis's patientce with Greek NT, he wasn't as frustrated as I imagined he would be and seemed as if kind of play with the sideways job, as if I'll do what it takes for the NT to succed even if it means I get 5 shots at the rim max.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

  2. #162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4,614
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    ...and Giannis on 5 considering his capabilities... well, it could be a game changer, one of those that seem incredibly hard to play against. He is widely underestimated in europe, due to the fact he wasn't properly utilised in the NT. But he is still a beast.

    I remember Giannis's patientce with Greek NT, he wasn't as frustrated as I imagined he would be and seemed as if kind of play with the sideways job, as if I'll do what it takes for the NT to succed even if it means I get 5 shots at the rim max.
    Its the only way to utilize him properly besides two ball dominant guys but Giannis has some problems defending the low post. Another big problem is that he has no center move to finish in the low post. Though he is still a beast anyway. We will see how he works out.

  3. #163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    487
    Country: Germany

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Franz is one of the keys if not the most important player these days.

    Update: Schröder said that the Wagner brothers are down to participate at the tournament.
    On the paper it seems like. There is still a question mark left whether he can (re-)adjust his game to the FIBA rules. If that is the case he will take us to another level.

  4. #164
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    7,013
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    ...and Giannis on 5 considering his capabilities... well, it could be a game changer, one of those that seem incredibly hard to play against. He is widely underestimated in europe, due to the fact he wasn't properly utilised in the NT. But he is still a beast.

    I remember Giannis's patientce with Greek NT, he wasn't as frustrated as I imagined he would be and seemed as if kind of play with the sideways job, as if I'll do what it takes for the NT to succed even if it means I get 5 shots at the rim max.
    The biggest problem for Giannis in Fiba basketball is, he loves to operate in open court and open paint. Smaller court, nearer 3-points line, no defensive 3 seconds rule and slower pace make his game far less suited for Fiba competition. And then you have different applications of rules about traveling, offensive fouls...He can still be a beast, but It's not exactly a given. His midrange game looked better this year in Nba, if he can hit outside shots, he will really be difficult to guard.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 06-07-2022 at 12:31 PM.
    previously known as Beno

  5. #165
    Senior Member Shawshank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    3,084
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    this forum sometimes is funny rookie Wagner will be big deal for Germany,but best player in the world Giannis wont be able to adapt to european courts

  6. #166
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    7,013
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    this forum sometimes is funny rookie Wagner will be big deal for Germany,but best player in the world Giannis wont be able to adapt to european courts
    He couldn't or wasn't used properly in 2019. He was MVP in Nba in 2019. You're 100% sure it won't happen again?
    previously known as Beno

  7. #167
    Senior Member Victorious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,664
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    I hope you're not playing Calathes besides him.

    The best solution would be playing Giannis on 5.
    Perhaps. Giannis on five with Sloukas, Dorsey as guards as a basic line up.

    But then again, Giannis and Papagiannis on 4 and 5 can be a real haedache to the opponents as well.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

  8. #168
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    7,013
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Perhaps. Giannis on five with Sloukas, Dorsey as guards as a basic line up.

    But then again, Giannis and Papagiannis on 4 and 5 can be a real haedache to the opponents as well.
    I believe the best option with Giannis is 5 out offense, so no Papa.
    previously known as Beno

  9. #169
    Senior Member Shawshank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    3,084
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    He couldn't or wasn't used properly in 2019. He was MVP in Nba in 2019. You're 100% sure it won't happen again?
    He failed in 2019 and 2020 nba playoofs too.He didn't know how to use his ridiculous weapons at that point when people were building walls , now he knows it's huge difference.

    In 2021 and 2022 he was constantly putting 40pts+15reb playoofs games against best defences + with elite defence from himself.

    If not Middleton Injury Bucks would be playing in finals now again.And even without Middleton he was close to beating Celtics .

    It's totally different player who he was in 2019 and who he is 2022.

    Nobody in USA said Gianni's is best player in 2019.Its was still between LeBron and KD.

    In 2022 nobody even argues that he isn't.

  10. #170
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    12,813
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    It's on Greek coach to figure something out. Giannis also definately isn't perfectly suited for european basketball and never will be. But he is just so long, athletic and skillfull at the same time that I don't think he can underperform as hard again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

  11. #171
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    7,013
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    He failed in 2019 and 2020 nba playoofs too.He didn't know how to use his ridiculous weapons at that point when people were building walls , now he knows it's huge difference.

    In 2021 and 2022 he was constantly putting 40pts+15reb playoofs games against best defences + with elite defence from himself.

    If not Middleton Injury Bucks would be playing in finals now again.And even without Middleton he was close to beating Celtics .

    It's totally different player who he was in 2019 and who he is 2022.

    Nobody in USA said Gianni's is best player in 2019.Its was still between LeBron and KD.

    In 2022 nobody even argues that he isn't.
    Don't you think that being MVP in Nba should have translated to be dominating force in Fiba too? But for some reason it didn't. I just gave some reasons, what might be the problem. Things might change this year, but not because he wasn't good enough few years ago and now he's.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 06-08-2022 at 10:45 AM.
    previously known as Beno

  12. #172
    Senior Member Victorious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,664
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Giannis never played pro ball in Europe, aside from his participation in the national team. He went form Greece's second league to the NBA, where he slowly became a pro. For the national team, he was only the go to guy in one tournament. That's in 2019. He needs time to adapt to the international game. Under Itoudis he will keep getting better in the next coming tournaments. Since Pitino was at the helm of Greece, the team is being build for Giannis' standard. Faster play and more shooting.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

  13. #173
    Senior Member Shawshank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    3,084
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Don't you think that being MVP in Nba should have translated to be dominating force in Fiba too? But for some reason it didn't. I just gave some reasons, what might be the problem. Things might change this year, but not because he wasn't good enough few years ago and now he's.
    Jokic also failed in 2019 world cup.It happens when players play in those rules rarely.Lebron also failed first few times in fiba.

    So now Lebron is not top 3 player of all time because he had 2 bad fiba tournaments ? No he adjusted with later tournaments,like all time great players does.

    If you think that Giannis and Jokic in 2019 was same players as they are in 2022 you simply dont watch nba.

    Giannis 2022 is todays Shaq i dont care what walls and what white non atletic fiba dudes NTs gonna put on him ,he simply too big and too strong even for athletic americans to handle.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 06-08-2022 at 11:35 AM.

  14. #174
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    7,013
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Jokic also failed in 2019 world cup.It happens when players play in those rules rarely.Lebron also failed first few times in fiba.

    So now Lebron is not top 3 player of all time because he had 2 bad fiba tournaments ? No he adjusted with later tournaments,like all time great players does.

    If you think that Giannis and Jokic in 2019 was same players as they are in 2022 you simply dont watch nba.

    Giannis 2022 is todays Shaq i dont care what walls and what white non atletic fiba dudes NTs gonna put on him ,he simply too big and too strong even for athletic americans to handle.
    Tell me then, why bookies have Greece only at 4th place, with 6:1 odds? You should put fortune on them with odds like that.

    I'm watching Nba a lot. Nobody is defending anyone there. Luka's playoffs numbers are 32.5/9/8, with 58% TS. Only MJ is marginally better in points with a lot worse TS% in all time list.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 06-08-2022 at 12:05 PM.
    previously known as Beno

  15. #175
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,223

    Default

    Doncic is probably the best Euro player off all times, in his age such performance and numbers, that did nobody until now. If he stayed in Real I am sure it would be 4 times in a row until now.

    There are players like for instance Saras with 4 EL titles or Bodiroga with two EL and medals with NT, but they did nothing in NBA, though as I know Saras tried there.

  16. #176
    Senior Member Furkan Korkmaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    370
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post

    If not Middleton Injury Bucks would be playing in finals now again.And even without Middleton he was close to beating Celtics .
    Lol, if, if... well then if me this, if Adeto did not injure Kyrie last year the nets would have walked over the Bucks and he wouldnt have a ring to begin with.

    If you can’t make a difference against Brazil who says you will against France and Serbia?

  17. #177
    Senior Member Shawshank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    3,084
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Ok I will not prove nothing to blind haters.

    They still talking about Giannis2019 version and live in 2019.

    World and sports world had change in last 3 years, including best basketball players name.

    If Horfords,WilliamsTatums,Smarts,Brown best defensive nba team of last 5 years couldn't stop that alien and barely survive some white non athletic dudes will in fiba aha ok

  18. #178
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    7,013
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Ok I will not prove nothing to blind haters.

    They still talking about Giannis2019 version and live in 2019.

    World and sports world had change in last 3 years, including best basketball players name.

    If Horfords,WilliamsTatums,Smarts,Brown best defensive nba team of last 5 years couldn't stop that alien and barely survive some white non athletic dudes will in fiba aha ok
    They would have stopped him under Fiba rules. No 3 defensive seconds rule changes a lot. Boban and Tavares are unplayable in Nba. In Fiba Tavares can totally close the paint, if you don't take him out with shooting.

    Nobody is saying that they will stop Giannis totally, it's enough to make him less efficient and force him to take shots he likes less. Calathes and Papa look as bad fit with him. Dorsey likes the ball a little too much to be great fit with Giannis either. Clogging the paint will be the strategy against Greece for sure. And then depends, how good will Giannis shoot from outside and what kind of plan will Greece coaches have.
    previously known as Beno

  19. #179
    Senior Member Furkan Korkmaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    370
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Blind hater lmfao, on the contrary I have seen too much. 2019 “””version””” was NBA MVP.
    Maybe people should learn performance in NBA does not equal Fiba, and despite being confronted with the facts time after time choose to be blind NBA worshipper.

  20. #180
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,267
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    I think it's impossible to truly dominate FIBA if you can't shoot. Giannis can't shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •