This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
    Lol I have to prove nothing, the tweet speaks for itself, and their careers in Turkey too (Dixon FB legend, Wilbekin Dacka legend and Shane Efes legend). Ironically Wilbekin and Calathes were even raised from the same basketball college. I guess we paid Wilbekin as much as you paid Calathes, or maybe that Dorsey.
    No offense, was just asking how much your federation is willing to play someone to wear your jersey.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• In 2022 i cant see him playing in eurobasket that would make no logic at all. Lots of nba stars will skip this eurobasket what the point for 36 old guard to play in it?

Last realistic chance seeing Goran play was last summer Olympics.

Dragic doesnt look to me men that changes his mind every month and last summer olympic desicion shown that.

But i can see him playing in qualification game at home as farewell to slovenians fans game that i can understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
        In 2022 i cant see him playing in eurobasket that would make no logic at all. Lots of nba stars will skip this eurobasket what the point for 36 old guard to play in it?

Last realistic chance seeing Goran play was last summer Olympics.

Dragic doesnt look to me men that changes his mind every month and last summer olympic desicion shown that.

But i can see him playing in qualification game at home as farewell to slovenians fans game that i can understand.
        I think that's the idea. To return for one game:

LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
          I think that's the idea. To return for one game:

https://twitter.com/LukaUpdates/stat...50507094466561
          It doesn't make sense for Goran playing that important game as farewell game.
          previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
            It doesn't make sense for Goran playing that important game as farewell game.
            Well, that would only increase your chance to win that game, that's for sure. He probably feels that he's in decent shape now. Had some luck at the end of the season in the NBA, right.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• It seems Marco Guduric is also out for Eurobasket.

Comment

Well, that would only increase your chance to win that game, that's for sure. He probably feels that he's in decent shape now. Had some luck at the end of the season in the NBA, right.
                Yes, if he's ready to join NT on 15.6. like Luka. You just can't play him from the street, his last game was on 26.4. It's much easier for him and Slovenia to play him in some friendly match before Eurobasket. All this makes sense, if he wants to play in Eurobasket, if not, I really can't see a point for him to play WC qualifiers.
                Last edited by Killer Bob; 05-30-2022, 08:59 PM.
                previously known as Beno

Comment

Yes, if he's ready to join NT on 15.6. like Luka. You just can't play him from the street, his last game was on 26.4. It's much easier for him and Slovenia to play him in some friendly match before Eurobasket. All this makes sense, if he wants to play in Eurobasket, if not, I really can't see a point for him to play WC qualifiers.
                  Strange indeed. But probably he just wants to make sure Slovenia wouldn't miss WC again. He enjoys watching NT in his holidays I guess as we all do

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Strange indeed. But probably he just wants to make sure Slovenia wouldn't miss WC again. He enjoys watching NT in his holidays I guess as we all do
                    Playing 1 game, unprepared?

I don't know what is going on, but there's 1 major development in Goran's life, he doesn't have a wife anymore.
                    previously known as Beno

Comment

• Tyler Dorsey expressed desire to play in Greek NT at EuroBasket 2022

Comment

Playing 1 game, unprepared?

I don't know what is going on, but there's 1 major development in Goran's life, he doesn't have a wife anymore.

Slovenia need help in qualification with 2-2 record (especially if Croatia will bring their nba players they are in desperado situation in standings with 1-3).

I dont think Dragic himself decided i want to help for one game. Federation/coaches asked him , maybe they know already that Croatia gonna bring their nba players?

Any current nba player from the street is better than uleb level player NT plays in those window games.

All window games players are unprepared nothing new. Players cant be prepared in 3 days for those window games.
                        Last edited by Shawshank; 05-31-2022, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Slovenia need help in qualification with 2-2 record (especially if Croatia will bring their nba players they are in desperado situation in standings with 1-3).

I dont think Dragic himself decided i want to help for one game. Federation/coaches asked him , maybe they know already that Croatia gonna bring their nba players?

Any current nba player from the street is better than uleb level player NT plays in those window games.

All window games players are unprepared nothing new. Players cant be prepared in 3 days for those window games.
                          Luka is starting on 15.6. so it looks to me they will be prepared. Maybe Dragic will be with them too, having 14 days preparation for farewell game still looks funny to me.

Other option, being on vacation for 2 months and coming from the street, won't bring any help for Slovenia.
                          previously known as Beno

Comment

Luka is starting on 15.6. so it looks to me they will be prepared. Maybe Dragic will be with them too, having 14 days preparation for farewell game still looks funny to me.

Other option, being on vacation for 2 months and coming from the street, won't bring any help for Slovenia.
                            Slovenia had like 8 players rotation in 2021.

Goran Dragic taken from the beach and driven to arena would help more than 9-12th slovenia NT uleb level players could .

Comment

Slovenia had like 8 players rotation in 2021.

Goran Dragic taken from the beach and driven to arena would help more than 9-12th slovenia NT uleb level players could .
                              And he will get playing time of 9th player in his farewell game?
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

• I agree with Bob, especialy for a 36 years old it takes a bit longer to get in shape compared to some younger teamates and after considering how carefully players are trying to reach peaks of different preparation stages it would be really weird if Goran would go through all that just to play some 15 minutes in one game. It's a lot of work to prepare for one game in the middle of the vacations.
                                Or he might get in for 2-3 posessions, but than again, it's a WC qualification game I don't think any coach would be enthusiastic about those posessions potentialy being lost.
                                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information