Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Eurobasket 2022 Overview

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Problem for Giannis are different rules. No 3 seconds rule in D means that opponents will just fill the paint and force Giannis to shoot in midrange or for 3.
    I get it. What I'm saying is Giannis is a different player from midrange than he was in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDiesel2 View Post
    I get it. What I'm saying is Giannis is a different player from midrange than he was in 2019.
    Maybe he will prove some of us wrong. But I see more of a 14-16ppg, 8-11rbs, 5appg kinda performance which is close dominant, but not some 24/11/5 which would be true dominance and such GOATs as Sabonis, Nowitzki, Pau Gasol provided. Current FIBA is even more brutal. Role players are tough and athletic. The game is much more rigid, physical, intense compared to 90's and even 00's. Most average shooters suffer of shooting issues even more in FIBA, specially bigs, cause they have to bang inside so hard which doesn't soften your touch at all D. Sabonis for example has been a decent mid range guy in NBA, but he can't shoot in FIBA at all basically. It's easy to see that Giannis will be forced to take half contested long mid range jimmies and threes and he won't make it with good %. The paint will be crowded against Greece which lacks shooting generally. If Doncic can dish 18 assists if you will double him or something, Giannis can't do it not only because he's not as great passer as Doncic (good though), but also because Greece lacks shooters. I expect him slightly better than 2019, but not truly dominant. Physical presence and very precise stopping of the transition basketball puts Greece into half court offense where Giannis is not that super scary and teams will go for it. On other hand, Greece might be sensationally good defensive team so it will be hard nut to crack for anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Assumming that best player in the world since 2021 tottaly forget how to score basketball reading how ale european experts sees him now.

worst case scenerio for Giannis after 2021 nba finals in fiba is being rich men Rudy Gobert.

Gobert is great in fiba with elite rim protection and rebounding .Giannis can do all that only he is faster and can switch on perimeter.

But i remember 50pts in nba finals game 6 clinching nba title for small market team happend (plus other 3 final games with 40pts games too) so i dont believe he gonna average like 10pts in fiba.

Giannis greatness comes no only on offence, he is monster just monster defensive player.

Nobody argues Giannis is best offensive player, i argue what he brings with his two way play overall is more than anybody else can in the world right now.

I feel funny i have to protect in forum best player in the world to some people who obviuosly dont watch nba closely

When Giannis gonna attack and 2-3 players gonna defend him like 2019 Greece NT players just have to make open shots they will get.

If they cant is not Giannis or fiba courts problems.

I never thought Gasol is better than Nowitzky as overall player in Fiba. Pau just had way more help.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 06-13-2022 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Maybe he will prove some of us wrong. But I see more of a 14-16ppg, 8-11rbs, 5appg kinda performance which is close dominant, but not some 24/11/5 which would be true dominance and such GOATs as Sabonis, Nowitzki, Pau Gasol provided. Current FIBA is even more brutal. Role players are tough and athletic. The game is much more rigid, physical, intense compared to 90's and even 00's. Most average shooters suffer of shooting issues even more in FIBA, specially bigs, cause they have to bang inside so hard which doesn't soften your touch at all D. Sabonis for example has been a decent mid range guy in NBA, but he can't shoot in FIBA at all basically. It's easy to see that Giannis will be forced to take half contested long mid range jimmies and threes and he won't make it with good %. The paint will be crowded against Greece which lacks shooting generally. If Doncic can dish 18 assists if you will double him or something, Giannis can't do it not only because he's not as great passer as Doncic (good though), but also because Greece lacks shooters. I expect him slightly better than 2019, but not truly dominant. Physical presence and very precise stopping of the transition basketball puts Greece into half court offense where Giannis is not that super scary and teams will go for it. On other hand, Greece might be sensationally good defensive team so it will be hard nut to crack for anyone.
    Giannis wouldn't had Luka's assists numbers even, if he was the same passer as Luka, because teams would just play drop coverage on him. Everyone will be more than happy to let Giannis shoot jumpers. And if he doesn't play 5, you have a C and Calathes, who you're not afraid of to shooting too. And even in D, if Papa and Giannis play together, you have Giannis guarding perimeter, where he's far less dangerous.

Bookies have Greece 6:1, which looks fair enough to me, but not exactly sure thing, what someone here try to sell. If Giannis can hit jumpers, is game over for others.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 06-13-2022 at 11:08 AM.
    previously known as Beno

Jokić is in. For both Eurobasket and August qualification window.

It looks like upcoming Eurobasket might be something very special because it's going to feature three players that might be the best world players at the moment (I don't think it ever happened before at this level). It's going to be a real pleasure watching Jokić, Dončić and Giannnis battling against each other this summer (along with lots of other really good players at either NBA or European level).

As for Serbia, missing Bogdan is a huge loss if it turns out he can't play, but the silver lining is that Jokić is going to be heavily featured in this campaign and that might be exactly what we needed, because quite frankly without Bogdan there isn't any other option left but to just give the ball to Jokić and get everyone familiar with his style of play. Micić also should help a lot because it's clear that he is going to handle the ball in a similar way he does at Efes, presumed Bogdan is out.

Another thing, no one form NT or Federation ruled Bogdan out for this Eurobasket, there is still a chance he might play, though it's a long shot at this moment.

So basically most best European players will be Eurobasket. I still think Luka is the best FIBA player, but when it comes to NBA it goes like this I think:

1. Giannis.
    2. Jokic.
    3. Doncic.
    4. Rudy Gobert.
    5. D. Sabonis.
    6. Bojan Bogdanovic.
    7. Vucevic
    8. Porzingis (missing)
    9. Valanciunas.
    10. Bogdan Bogdanovic (likely missing)
    11. Rubio (missing)
    12. Schroder.
    13. Fournier.
    14. Gaillinari
    15. C. Capela (missing) + Put Sengun here and we good to go.

Only few players are missing from top 15 best European players. BTW, Bog should be higher on the list. Stacked Eurobasket indeed.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 06-15-2022 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    So basically most best European players will be Eurobasket. I still think Luka is the best FIBA player, but when it comes to NBA it goes like this I think:

1. Giannis.
    2. Jokic.
    3. Doncic.
    4. Rudy Gobert.
    5. D. Sabonis.
    6. Bojan Bogdanovic.
    7. Vucevic
    8. Porzingis (missing)
    9. Valanciunas.
    10. Bogdan Bogdanovic (likely missing)
    11. Rubio (missing)
    12. Schroder.
    13. Fournier.
    14. Gaillinari
    15. C. Capela (missing) + Put Sengun here and we good to go.

Only few players are missing from top 15 best European players. BTW, Bog should be higher on the list. Stacked Eurobasket indeed.
    KP is too high.

Bogdan is elite in Fiba.
    previously known as Beno

KP is too high.

Bogdan is elite in Fiba.
    Yeah he is a superstar for FIBA, huge missing for Serbia.

nba playoofs 2022 pts per game

1.Giannis 31,7pts
    2.Doncic 31.7pts
    3.Jokic 31,0pts (they were top 3 in entire league not just in european list)

4.Vucevic 19,4pts
    5.Bojan Bogdanovich 18pts
    6.Valanciunas 14,5pts
    7.Bogdan Bogdanovich 14,3pts
    8.Gobert 12pts
    9.Gallinari 10,2pts

only Giannis and Doncic teams won first round,but both were eliminated later on by nba finals 2022 participants

Couple people tried convince me here that leading nba playoofs scorer 2022 gonna average like 12pts in fiba we will see soon is that the case
    Last edited by Shawshank; 06-16-2022 at 01:00 PM.

nba playoofs 2022 pts per game

1.Giannis 31,7pts
    2.Doncic 31.7pts
    3.Jokic 31,0pts (they were top 3 in entire league not just in european list)

4.Vucevic 19,4pts
    5.Bojan Bogdanovich 18pts
    6.Valanciunas 14,5pts
    7.Bogdan Bogdanovich 14,3pts
    8.R.Gobert 12pts
    9.Gallinari 10,2pts
    May I add that Luka was the best scorer in last 2 playoffs and 2nd in 2020. He's with 32.5 points second in all time list, only he and MJ over 30 points.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 06-16-2022 at 12:53 PM.
    previously known as Beno

May I add that Luka was the best scorer in last 2 playoffs and 2nd in 2020. He's with 32.5 points second in all time list, only he and MJ over 30 points.
    may i add Giannis was scoring 30pts + with elite defence in last 2 playoofs and 50pts in finals game clinching title 2021 for small market team that happend i didnt just dream about it.

Luka offensively is magical no doubt,but only offensively. Like peak Harden was in 2010s.One men offensive attack have limits how far it can go in playoofs.

Giannis is on two way all time great winners list ale peak versions of Hakeem,Lebron,Duncan,Kawhi and so on .That brought title to small market teams

Those dudes dominated game of basketball on both sides.

may i add Giannis was scoring 30pts + with elite defence in last 2 playoofs and 50pts in finals game clinching title 2021 for small market team that happend i didnt just dream about it.

Luka offensively is magical no doubt,but only offensively. Like peak Harden was in 2010s.One men offensive attack have limits how far it can go in playoofs.

Giannis is on two way all time great winners list ale peak versions of Hakeem,Lebron,Duncan,Kawhi and so on .That brought title to small market teams

Those dudes dominated game of basketball on both sides.
    You might also check, with who Giannis won a title and what team Mavs currently have. Luka is 5 years younger also. Giannis wasn't great winner with 23 years. Harden was nowhere with 23 years too.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 06-16-2022 at 07:04 PM.
    previously known as Beno

Is Harden even remotely as good at creating for his team-mates as Luka is?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Is Harden even remotely as good at creating for his team-mates as Luka is?
    Quite good
    https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...20&p2yrto=2022

Interesting stats although the NBA are notoriously generous in terms of listing assists.

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    Harden's problem was not RS but playoffs. Luka is quite the opposite.
    previously known as Beno

Bosko Radovic announced that Montenegro will be without five best centers in the upcoming qualifying window, and some are already out or questionable for the Eurobasket:

Nikola Vucevic

He decided that he will not play this year, neither in qualifiers or Eurobasket.

Bojan Dubljevic

It's a mutal agreement that he will skip games in July, but will be available for the Eurobasket.

Marko Todorovic

He's out of serious training or any type of basketball activity for the last three months. He isn't ready for July, and it's uncertain will he be in the right physical shape at the time for the Eurobasket.

Marko Simonovic

He will miss this window because he is focused on the working on his game and will probably participate in the Summer league, but confirmed that he will attend preparations for the Eurobasket.

Filip Barovic

Couple of small injuries bothers him, he will not play in July because he needs further evaluation and treatment.

Zoran Nikolic will be only center in the roster against France and Portugal.

Radovic said that in this window Jonah Radebaugh will make a debut as the new naturalized player.
    Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Likely the retirement of Vucevic I guess. Not getting any younger, 32yo on October. He didn't have any chances to win anything with Montenegro either way. I bet this is retirement.

Goran is still saying that he won't play Eurobasket, but he's preparing very seriously with NT.

https://fibalivestats.dcd.shared.gen...106926/bs.html
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 06-26-2022 at 07:22 AM.
    previously known as Beno

Is Pangos Slovenian? Source:Official EL site. If that's true , why he isn't part of NT? Him and Doncic, can't even imagine limits

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast