Page 68 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1889

Thread: 47th PBA Season (Philippine Cup, Commissioner’s Cup & Governor’s Cup)

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Monster game from WillNav, 29 pts, 17 rebs., 8 assts.

Go to Korea kid. Don't ruin your career playing for a shitty league like the PBA. If you play in the KBL or the B-league, U will be able to play for Gilas specially during the FIBA season (during the months of July, August, September)- something U might not be able to do if U continue playing in the rotten league like the PBA.
    Will's now scoring 17.4 PPG on 44.9% shooting (34.6% from 3), grabing 10 RPG, and dishing 3.8 assists. 1 SPG and 0.8 BPG helps.

I see a Jimmy Butler kind of arc for Will Navarro. Jimmy started as a good defender, but eventually became a good scorer, while keeping his defense.

Cam Oliver done with the conference after an hyperextended knee,TNT bringing in 6'4 Matt Mobley

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/t...221120-fbfirst

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Will's now scoring 17.4 PPG on 44.9% shooting (34.6% from 3), grabing 10 RPG, and dishing 3.8 assists. 1 SPG and 0.8 BPG helps.

I see a Jimmy Butler kind of arc for Will Navarro. Jimmy started as a good defender, but eventually became a good scorer, while keeping his defense.
    He was a mismatch out there! Too big for those midget guards/wings & too fast for those slow footed power forwards. By the way anyone here know what happened with Ambohot? Was he injured the whole conference or the coach doesn't like playing him. Arguably he was better than Arana last season!

One of the few PBA games I had a chance to watch during my RD’s and I would say that coach Tochikits system is very promising in terms of how the players responded on their respective defensive and offensive assignment just to make sure they are always within the striking distance of CBG’s BAD team until the final buzzer. Is Rafi Reavis injured? I think the only kinks on coach Tochikits last night is his decision to let Ian Sangalang stayed in the game too much until the final buzzer wherein obviously the dude doesn’t know how to play the game against a high level team, so many boo boos on both end of the court especially during the final stretch. Good thing they decided to sit down the Beast during that crucial stretches of the game because most of the time the dude plays like a headless chicken on most instances. That Serbian import is a good template for our future naturalize player, at 6’10(?) he is decent enough to play the 3, 4 and 5 position with high motor, superb work rate with good attitude and family oriented, high BBIQ who plays without so much funfare and fanciness, no wonder that Purefoods Magnolia team are in the top of the standings, it is just unfortunate that the dude has a very slim chance to play for us in the Senior Team because he is already 24 and already played in an official FIBA sanctioned tourney during his youth days, now as per rules on eligibility, a player(s) who wishes to play his Senior years to another country must not be 23 yrs. Old of age and was given the approval/clearance from the federation of his/her country of origin, but then again in some cases the Sec Gen has the sole discretion on everything as far as who’s eligible or not.

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    Monster game by Will Navarro: 29 pts 17 rebs 9 ast
    Monster game from WillNav, 29 pts, 17 rebs., 8 assts.

Go to Korea kid. Don't ruin your career playing for a shitty league like the PBA. If you play in the KBL or the B-league, U will be able to play for Gilas specially during the FIBA season (during the months of July, August, September)- something U might not be able to do if U continue playing in the rotten league like the PBA.
    Watched the highlights, and looks like Will got the 29 by finding open spaces, getting putbacks, and making open threes. He made one dribble drive from the 3-point line, and a midrange pullup. Other than that, it was his off-ball movement that got him 29.

Watched the highlights, and looks like Will got the 29 by finding open spaces, getting putbacks, and making open threes. He made one dribble drive from the 3-point line, and a midrange pullup. Other than that, it was his off-ball movement that got him 29.
    Good job also of Robert Bolick of finding Navarro in those off the ball movements. Some of Bolicks 10 assists found their way to Will. Bolick finished with 26 points as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    Good job also of Robert Bolick of finding Navarro in those off the ball movements. Some of Bolicks 10 assists found their way to Will. Bolick finished with 26 points as well.
    These 2 acually didn't click in their only pairing in Gilas. Maybe the next time around they can play better together? I still think Bollick is the better offensive player than Scottie and that Navarro can still contribute. A guard rotation of Scottie, Bollick and Perez would be fun. Bollick might be able to give more effort on D with the lesser minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote49 View Post
    He was a mismatch out there! Too big for those midget guards/wings & too fast for those slow footed power forwards. By the way anyone here know what happened with Ambohot? Was he injured the whole conference or the coach doesn't like playing him. Arguably he was better than Arana last season!
    Yes. Converge plays a lot of small guards and forwards. Without an import defending the rim it would be a buffet for tall athletic forwards like Navarro.

1997 PBA Awards Night Alvin Patrimonio MVP

Mythical 5

Nelson Asaytono
    Marlou Aquino
    Vince Hizon
    Johnny Abarrientos

BAD defeated TNT by +30 pts, so is TNT out of the playoff picture?

what happened to Joshua munzon??? here are his stats this conference.

https://www.pba.ph/players/joshua-munzon

#24 / / F/G

8.50 PPG3.30 RPG1.30 APG

Quote Originally Posted by PaulLee3 View Post
    what happened to Joshua munzon??? here are his stats this conference.

https://www.pba.ph/players/joshua-munzon

#24 / / F/G

8.50 PPG3.30 RPG1.30 APG
    Overrated.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    BAD defeated TNT by +30 pts, so is TNT out of the playoff picture?
    Gawd, MVP teams are really awful this conference.

Tnt is in danger of missing the 2022 pba commissioners cup playoffs..

They have 1 game remaining against corporate rival san miguel beermen.

Right now nlex, terrafirma and blackwater are out of playoff contention

Quote Originally Posted by all_about View Post
    Tnt is in danger of missing the 2022 pba commissioners cup playoffs..

They have 1 game remaining against corporate rival san miguel beermen.

Right now nlex, terrafirma and blackwater are out of playoff contention
    Does TNT have a first round pick in the next draft? Maybe they are tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Gawd, MVP teams are really awful this conference.
    Maybe its a case of 1 step backward, 2 steps forward strategy. Would the PBA have a good batch of rookies in next year's draft?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Maybe its a case of 1 step backward, 2 steps forward strategy. Would the PBA have a good batch of rookies in next year's draft?
    Zavier Lucero, Henry Galinato, CJ Payawal, Luis Villegas, I think. Schonny too if he doesn't play for Gilas this February.

Brent Paraiso, Paolo Javillonar, and I think Fran Yu from Letran come to mind for me as well.

Zavier Lucero, Henry Galinato, CJ Payawal, Luis Villegas, I think. Schonny too if he doesn't play for Gilas this February.

Brent Paraiso, Paolo Javillonar, and I think Fran Yu from Letran come to mind for me as well.
    How about Fil-ams? Do we have good Fil-ams that might apply in next year's draft?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

How about Fil-ams? Do we have good Fil-ams that might apply in next year's draft?
    I mentioned 4-5 in my previous post. Lucero, Galinato, Payawal, Villegas, and maybe Schonny.

Barefield, maybe?

Page 68 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast