Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1380

Thread: 47th PBA Season (Philippine Cup, Commissioner’s Cup & Governor’s Cup)

  1. #1
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    5,160

    Default 47th PBA Season (Philippine Cup, Commissioner’s Cup & Governor’s Cup)

    The Philippine Basketball Association returns to the three-conference format for the 47th season (2022-2023):

    Philippine Cup - June 5th to September 2nd
    Commissioner’s Cup - October 2nd to January 25th
    Governor’s Cup - February 1st to May 10th

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    6,422
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    The Philippine Basketball Association returns to the three-conference format for the 47th season (2022-2023):

    Philippine Cup - June 5th to September 2nd
    Commissioner’s Cup - October 2nd to January 25th
    Governor’s Cup - February 1st to May 10th
    Lol. So Pba Players are most likely be not available for Gilas Tournaments starting from June

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    The Philippine Basketball Association returns to the three-conference format for the 47th season (2022-2023):

    Philippine Cup - June 5th to September 2nd
    Commissioner’s Cup - October 2nd to January 25th
    Governor’s Cup - February 1st to May 10th
    wow that's a tight schedule, looks like no window duties for PBA players.. I'm actually concerned for the opening of the 2023-2024 season, baka naman they'll open that season a week or two before we host the World Cup!

  4. #4
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    9,134
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    wow that's a tight schedule, looks like no window duties for PBA players.. I'm actually concerned for the opening of the 2023-2024 season, baka naman they'll open that season a week or two before we host the World Cup!
    Or end a conference so close to the WC. For Chrissakes, I hope they don't do that (unlikely, considering that they opened the season ONE MONTH before this year's FIBA Asia Cup).

    If that's the case, some teams will have to make sacrifices, like losing players for the entire conference to give way to them getting ready for the World Cup. Otherwise, get players from overseas leagues or the UAAP.

  5. #5
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    5,160

    Default

    Slaughter says max offer “not even close” to what Northport was paying him


    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/s...Ylq6TjuROebUJU

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    Slaughter says max offer “not even close” to what Northport was paying him


    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/s...Ylq6TjuROebUJU
    this issue now turned into he says-she says//

    Is greggy still in MVP's sh*tlist? im sure he's on Long Hair's list

  7. #7
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    5,160

    Default

    Converge to play on opening day of the PBA’s 47th season

    https://news.abs-cbn.com/sports/05/1...ba-47th-season

  8. #8
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    5,160

    Default

    NLEX to trade #7 pick Tyrus Hill and Dave Murrel to Converge for a first round pick in 2023.

    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/p...MTsLuQkCH2yq5Y

  9. #9
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    5,160

    Default

    Kyle Pascual signs with Meralco. While Andre Paras will take a leave of absence from Blackwater to focus on showbiz career.

  10. #10
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    5,160

    Default

    Official team rosters for the Philippine Cup. Kiefer Ravena is not on the NLEX roster.

    https://www.facebook.com/13824949953...215114204/?d=n

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,638
    Country: Kyrgyzstan

    Default

    So where is Keifer?

  12. #12
    Senior Member Sikatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,630
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    NLEX to trade #7 pick Tyrus Hill and Dave Murrel to Converge for a first round pick in 2023.

    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/p...MTsLuQkCH2yq5Y
    Tyrus Hill also not in the lineup. Trade looks really off if he doesn't play.

  13. #13
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    5,160

    Default

    Mikey Williams to miss start of PH Cup because of contract renewal

    https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/m...iations/241695

  14. #14
    Senior Member Sikatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,630
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    Mikey Williams to miss start of PH Cup because of contract renewal

    https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/m...iations/241695
    LMAO, TNT had so long to renegotiate his contract.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    6,685
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    LMAO, TNT had so long to renegotiate his contract.
    MVP camp is really bad at negotiating with their players. Lols
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    LMAO, TNT had so long to renegotiate his contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    MVP camp is really bad at negotiating with their players. Lols
    they should ask RSA/Long Hair for pointers, MPIC probably on kuripot mode (thrift mode), they're not as rich as SMC, plus its not exactly's MVP's money, or MVO is no longer in full control of MPIC hence he has no authority to issue blank checks to his players unlike RSA who turned Alfrancis to the local version of Eric Bsichoff

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    6,685
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    they should ask RSA/Long Hair for pointers, MPIC probably on kuripot mode (thrift mode), they're not as rich as SMC, plus its not exactly's MVP's money, or MVO is no longer in full control of MPIC hence he has no authority to issue blank checks to his players unlike RSA who turned Alfrancis to the local version of Eric Bsichoff
    then this MVP old guy Ricky Vargas is acting like a rabid dog against overseas leagues, agents and players that want to play outside eh ang kuripot nga nila eh. lols
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

  18. #18
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    26,015
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    then this MVP old guy Ricky Vargas is acting like a rabid dog against overseas leagues, agents and players that want to play outside eh ang kuripot nga nila eh. lols
    2023 world cup is a lavish venture amid the pandemic, who could blame them.. this isnt all about basketball..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

  19. #19
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    5,160

    Default

    Juami wins Most Improved Player…

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,642

    Default

    Scottie as MVP, hmmm i guess the contract impasse woth tnt has something to do with this

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •