• Show
Clear All

• Euroleague Playoffs 2022

April 19- May 4

Barcelona vs Bayern Munich
    Real Madrid vs Maccabi Tel Aviv
    Milano vs Efes Istanbul
    Olympiacos Piraeus vs Monaco

Considering the loss of the three Russian teams who were all playoff candidates, this is still a strong lineup.

Barcelona vs Bayern Munich 3-2
    Real Madrid vs Maccabi Tel Aviv 3-1
    Milano vs Efes Istanbul 2-3
    Olympiacos Piraeus vs Monaco 3-2

Comment

First of all; congrats to Jazz... With all respect to other active members, the most deserved one for being a mod... at least for me.

About the playoff series; i will give a slight chance to my team Efes. Guessing for a 3-2 or 3-1 win. Whatever Real in a situation, this team knows very well how to play that games. I never underestimate a good Maccabi team but i think homecourt adv. and Real's D will also make difference. So i will give it 3-1 or 3-2 to Real. IMHO it will be very hard to steal a win for Oly, in Monaco. Tough one, just guessing 3-2 for Oly but if it turns to 2-3 to Monaco, i won't be surprised. Barca is the clear favourite but i don't also think German's will make life easier for them, 3-0/3-1 Barca.

Comment

Found some interesting stats...Efes scores by far the most points per possession against all teams in the playoffs when playing against each other. They are obviously not as good as last year in both ways, but still tough nut to break. If they can improve defensive intensity consistently through whole game in the playoffs and eventually in F4, they could still win it all. I doubt that will happen because Micic and Larkin must be at the best of their games and I'm not sure they can keep it up without the help of Simon. He was their key player last year. I don't know if Messina was deliberately putting down their form in the last month or so, but they have been struggling quite a bit. 50/50 series I think.

Bayern is also not as good as last year, they especially struggle on offense at times, and I doubt they would be in the playoffs this season in normal circumstances. However, they will give Barca trouble as they have fighting mentality but I expect Barca to advance without too much drama, especially if Walden is not ready.

Maccabi kinda had up and down season, they started well then sunk a little bit, and then made an unexpected comeback. They are shooting lights out for quite some time, don't know if they can keep it up in the playoffs. Considering how bad Real has been in awhile Maccabi should be favourite to advance, but I'm reluctant to put too much trust in them. If Maccabi's guards can keep up playing in such good form they will be closer to win as Real's guards on the other hand are nowhere to be found for quite some time, and I doubt that can change just like that.

Oly and Monaco could be more enigmatic than it looks. They both won 8 of their last 10 games. Olympiacos plays great defense at their home court but not as good on away. Monaco has been great in last 10 rounds, found their offensive rhythm and looking surprisingly tough. Still, beating Olympiacos at home is going to be such a hard task for them.

All teams in the playoffs score more points when playing against each other than against the rest of competition. Could be indication of some good basketball coming in the playoffs.

Comment

I don't like Hanga, especially not as guard, but it looks to me that the best option might be putting him on point and try to win with D. Hanga, Taylor, Deck, Yabusele, Tavares looks at least on paper defensive monster.
          previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
            I don't like Hanga, especially not as guard, but it looks to me that the best option might be putting him on point and try to win with D. Hanga, Taylor, Deck, Yabusele, Tavares looks at least on paper defensive monster.
            If Real is going to win this matchup the only way is to smother Maccabi's guards with size, toughness and on-ball aggression at the three point line. Tavares and Poirier vs Zizic and Reynolds, and also Williams vs Yabusele are very interesting matchups. Zizic and Reynolds have been playing really good and have a good connection with their guards. Defense is Real's calling card but they will have to cover a lot of ground defensively because Maccabi is involving all players from 1-5.

Comment

Barcelona vs Bayern Munich — 3-1
              Real Madrid vs Maccabi Tel Aviv — 3-1
              Milano vs Efes Istanbul—1-3
              Olympiacos Piraeus vs Monaco — 2-3

Comment

I think it would have been very interesting to watch specially Kazan in playoffs... I can't imagine if everything was ok and continued with Russian teams... I mean standings, matchups... Which team(s), which at this moment in playoffs would have stay outside? Cska, Zenit, Kazan, Fener was in the fight. If we think Monaco's success and Maccabi's attack, even Ataman would shake his hand till next season. By the way, EL needs a new/fresh brain transformation immediately.

Comment

Historical crisis in European basketball for many reasons almost destroyed quality of Euroleague this season, I think will be similar in next years. There are no playoff clash who will be classic or even something what is damage to miss. Many problems in teams who should be stronger part of these 8. Milano whole second part of rs is disaster, Efes mostly of season looks embarassing, Real fall appart or close to that. Probably they Will raise play in qf but it couldnt be extremely.

Comment

I'm surprised that people are generally higher on Monaco's chances to beat Oly than Maccabi's chances to beat Real.

Barca vs. Bayern -- 3-0
                    Oly vs. Monaco -- 3-1
                    Real vs. Maccabi -- 2-3
                    Milano vs. Efes -- 1-3

Comment

Barca vs. Bayern -- 3-1
                      Oly vs. Monaco -- 3-2
                      Real vs. Maccabi -- 3-1
                      Milano vs. Efes -- 1-3

Comment

I will wait game 1 to make prediction for Real:Maccabi. I have no clue at the moment.
                        previously known as Beno

Comment

I will wait game 1 to make prediction for Real:Maccabi. I have no clue at the moment.
                          It’s more fun without having a clue, for example if Madrid shows up in the same meltdown fashion it has been playing the past weeks, ofcourse Maccabi’s chances would be totally different, but that’s why you predict before all of this is known based on many factors. Anyone can can comment on things in highsight.

Comment

3-0 either way honestly wouldn't shock me.

You could see a rejuvenated Real team dominate defensively, or you could see Wilbekin and Nunnally combine for 15 threes a game against a broken Real team.

Definitely an interesting series.

Comment

Originally posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
                              It’s more fun without having a clue, for example if Madrid shows up in the same meltdown fashion it has been playing the past weeks, ofcourse Maccabi’s chances would be totally different, but that’s why you predict before all of this is known based on many factors. Anyone can can comment on things in highsight.
                              What is a point in prediction, if you don't have a clue?

If I have to guess today, 3:0 for Real, because I'm on Real's side. I would have said 0:3, if I were Maccabi fan.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information