Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Playoffs 2022

Trinchieri outcoached Saras in this series.

That in this series game is 5 played and 1 half left and Barcelona is on possible catatrophe zone that just wow.

Well done Bayern really respect that.

Barcelona is stuborn and all game plan with mindset put the ball inside by force to Mirotic,Davis,Sanli .

Bayern double team inside and chalenges Calathes and Hayes beat them from 3pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Barcelona cant find a solution to the great defense of Bayern and they are defending too sloppy. Sanli is unusable the way Saras uses him. Jokubaitis made small mistakes and Calathes cant shoot. Barca lacks individual creators. In crucial time Mirotic cant show anything again. Unbelievable he gets like 4 million euros.
    Have to agree that he badly overpaid and a bit overrated as a player. When it comes to PO, he's mediocre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

The funny thing is Bayern has better creators than Barca with all the injuries on Bayerns side. You can try to control the game on the court like ZOC but you mustnt forget that ZOC always had his main creators. It was supposed to be Higgins but this roster for the money is too weak-

The funny thing is Bayern has better creators than Barca with all the injuries on Bayerns side.
    LOL no.

Mirotic and Lapro won game 5 for Barcelona

Some people treated this series as some sort of Saras' defeat against Trinchieri. I disagree. FOA, Barsa's shape is off for a while now, it's simply a bad timing for them. SOF, Bayern had zero pressure on them which eased their moves. But the best team still inevitably win. With that said Trinchieri is a very good coach. Now the question is can Barsa come to final 4 already in a different physical and mental state.

Lapro exceeds big time this season. He's much better under Saras than under Pablo Laso.

I couldnt watch the second half of the game because EL put the Eurocup semi final game on the same time. Fucking idiots! But I am so happy, it was a great game hahahahhahaha

I couldnt watch the second half of the game because EL put the Eurocup semi final game on the same time. Fucking idiots! But I am so happy, it was a great game hahahahhahaha
    Scheduling in these competitions is absolutely abysmal.

And I write it here down. Real Madrid will win the game in the final four against Barca.

Im not sure about real win,but also have similiar thinking real lose to Barsa like 3 times in last minute this season.

At some point Madrid players can get lucky play in last minute too

And I write it here down. Real Madrid will win the game in the final four against Barca.
    Did Jaycee Carroll finally agree to return?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Did Jaycee Carroll finally agree to return?
    I was an integral part of Lassos game plan.He wouldnt deny it but I am sure Carrol wont come back.

Bayern was impressive against Barca, with healthy Walden and Hilliard, or even just one of them, they could have pulled it out. What I like about Trinchieri is not just attention to details that Lucic mentioned, but also the grit and grind style that fits his teams so well. I like him as an underdog coach, that style fits him great.

Barca is great when their shots are falling, it opens up everything for them, but once they are not falling it really throws them off their game and they don't seem to have a plan B. Especially without Higgins.
    I guess Lasso will also dare Calathes to shoot, probably Exum and Jokubaitis too (not sure if he is going to play meaningful minutes in F4 at such young age), and help off them on everyone else.

Also, it's fair to mention the leadership Mirotic showed in second half and turned the game around.

I differently feel that it's a great momentum for Barsa. They should be over their slump once final 4 comes and they are coming with a chip on a shoulder and a bit less pressure. Now Real and Efes are more of a favorites as they advanced so easily. Kuric and Davies had stomach problems before the game, Jokubaitis is post injury still, and Barsa this season lacks Higgins. With all respect to what Lapro, Jokubaitis, Exhum brought to the team, I think Higgins 2 way presence could be still the key for Barsa. Bayern deserves all the credit, but I think Barsa will be different in final 4.

About risking on Jokubaitis. He shot 59.5% threes in a regular season, 80% against Bayern. And he shoots 40% in ACB.

Saras was a great player but he is so annoying like a coach. He is complaining to refs 40 minutes.

Barca was not great in this series but still I expect them to win euroleague.

Tonight Oly-Monaco and Virtus-Valencia at the same time. Brilliant organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    I differently feel that it's a great momentum for Barsa. They should be over their slump once final 4 comes and they are coming with a chip on a shoulder and a bit less pressure. Now Real and Efes are more of a favorites as they advanced so easily. Kuric and Davies had stomach problems before the game, Jokubaitis is post injury still, and Barsa this season lacks Higgins. With all respect to what Lapro, Jokubaitis, Exhum brought to the team, I think Higgins 2 way presence could be still the key for Barsa. Bayern deserves all the credit, but I think Barsa will be different in final 4.

About risking on Jokubaitis. He shot 59.5% threes in a regular season, 80% against Bayern. And he shoots 40% in ACB.
    It's not about numbers with Jokubaitis (even though it's a low volume and still has to be seen how good of a shooter he is with increased usage and volume, but it's encouraging thus far), it's about his age. Trinchieri gambled a bit on him not because he is a bad shooter but because there is a great pressure on young player in such important games and probably wanted to take advantage of his inexperience. And since Barca is stacked with great shooters you need to cover tightly, it's a good decision to view Calathes, Exum and inexperienced Jokubaitis as conceptual risks as far as shooting goes. I don't expect Jokubaitis to have more than 8-10 minutes in F4 exactly for that reason.

I think Barca will have all the pressure against Real. They were made to win it all this year (and last year too), so in a year where you have an even easier road considering Russian teams are out, and with Real being written off by others, expectations are on Barca's side. I think Real will play a lot easier and probably with big motives since they have lost all their games against Barca this season. I think Barca is better constructed team than Real, has more talent (especially in the backcourt), and if they manage to get past Real I think they will win it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    It's not about numbers with Jokubaitis (even though it's a low volume and still has to be seen how good of a shooter he is with increased usage and volume, but it's encouraging thus far), it's about his age. Trinchieri gambled a bit on him not because he is a bad shooter but because there is a great pressure on young player in such important games and probably wanted to take advantage of his inexperience. And since Barca is stacked with great shooters you need to cover tightly, it's a good decision to view Calathes, Exum and inexperienced Jokubaitis as conceptual risks as far as shooting goes. I don't expect Jokubaitis to have more than 8-10 minutes in F4 exactly for that reason.

I think Barca will have all the pressure against Real. They were made to win it all this year (and last year too), so in a year where you have an even easier road considering Russian teams are out, and with Real being written off by others, expectations are on Barca's side. I think Real will play a lot easier and probably with big motives since they have lost all their games against Barca this season. I think Barca is better constructed team than Real, has more talent (especially in the backcourt), and if they manage to get past Real I think they will win it in the end.
    That's why I didn't make any conclusions, just shared insane numbers of Jokubaitis (low volume, but still crazy). One thing that worked for him in his rusty post injury stretch was nailing three here and there. You right though that Calathes, Exum and Jokubaitis are still the only guards that you can theoretically risk on, but I think current Jokubaitis really proving that he can shoot. Regarding his impact it depends if he will come back to pre- injury condition. He was the key piece for Barsa in many games this season including the games against Real and Efes, but off course PO is different animal. Nevertheless, if Rokas will shape up, he can fight his minutes back and potentially nail some clutch buckets again.

Well, you have some point, but I believe now Barsa passed their most difficult period of the season. They were losing games in ACB, they barely survived Bayern. Now the schedule will be slower, they will get in better shape and I think all teams as Real, Efes, Barsa have the same pressure on them, more or less and Barsa kind learned to live the hell, learned to suffer as Saras says. Exum might miss final 4 though cause of split muscle. Higgins may come back soon, but I don't expect him to be good instantly. It seems that it will be on Calathes, Lapro, Kuric, Jokubaitis, Abrines as guards go.

I would never predict final 4 too seriously. This is complete gamble. One game...It will literally happen what will happen particular day. Not a single team has an obvious edge. Barsa was the most consistent team during the season, yes. They are probably the deepest team too. But even Barsa's regular season campaign wasn't exactly dominant, they were just able to win tons and tons of close games. And in many of those Jokubaitis provided in the clutch. That's why current Jokubaitis presence less Barselona seemed to be more vulnerable and a bit less dimensional as it feels. I literally have no idea who will win final 4.

Lol Mike James 0/6 from 3, is this guy gonna end up 5/50 or something over the entire playoffs? Monaco still leads despite that, but imagine how different things would be looking if Mike Brick wasnt ruining it with his horrid shooting. I officially revoke Mike from my good players list, that many games with rookie shooting in the most important matches of your career is totally unacceptable.

Well, in the last quarter all decisions are taken by Sloukas. They dont use him much in the first half because they need him fresh in the last quarter. You just need to defend Walkup who is not very creative and Dorsey in one on one. He doesnt see even a slightest thing when he has the ball. Oly normally doesnt have the quality to beat Efes but its just one game. Efes is still the favorite

Monaco didnt play with the intensity it was needed to beat Oly at home. Motiejunas slow ass hurt them a lot especially when Martin was on the floor. The x factor of the game in the first half was McKissic but he wont repeat something like today. They let him really totally open. James doesnt have the will to win and fight thats why he wont win anything in his career. Efes needs to find a way to prevent Oly scoring from off ball movements. Cutting James was easy stopping Larkin, Micic and Beaubois wont be that easy.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast