Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Playoffs 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Worrax View Post
    Still insisting and dreaming on "Bayern-Monaco" final... For a "never ever happened before" final game and for the happy end of EL designers/decision makers. Dynamite!
    you can put 1€ on a betting company and take back 650€....

All games 5 in Euroleague history till now goes to H.C.A........13-0 to be exact.

I hope that we will not be the 1st team who change that record.

Quote Originally Posted by zubitos View Post
    you can put 1€ on a betting company and take back 650€....
    Hahahah... It's better not to loose 1 €, the rest is just a fantasy. I gave up betting bb several years before with a good amount of money and never go back.

As much a Bayern-Monaco final would be the complete underdog success (and I love an underdog story as much as the next guy) I would like it if Oly won.

For one, I don’t like Mike James. Not only his bball style but also how much he fucking tweets with an incredibly obnoxious attitude.

Secondly, I think Oly should be rewarded for their rebuilding.

At the same time I hope that Pao will be pushed to make a better team again. The years under DPG have been simply insufferable on all levels.

I really hope Barca fails. Even better if they don’t make the F4.
    I would like it if Efes failed just because of Ataman. But I’m mostly impartial.
    I would kinda like it if Real won because everyone thought they were done this year. But also I don’t want them to go so far ahead in the EL title race :P I was recently in Madrid and I like it there.
    A Bayern success would be cool and would maybe bring in a bigger German crowd (meaning more money). But I’m a bit elitist when it comes to bball and I wouldn’t like a team from a country that doesn’t care that much for bball to win.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

@paspalj

I didn't know that's possible for Pao fan to cheer for Oly in any kind of game. And I see you don't particularly like Calathes.

Barcelona and Madrid are both great cities.
    previously known as Beno

I liked Saras very much as a player. But his constant whining makes him hard to listen. You're Barca, you have the biggest budget, you have basically brought whoever you wanted and now everyone is to be blamed except you?
    previously known as Beno

Olympiacos actually managed to lose against Monaco while Mike James shot 1/10(!) from 3 lol.
    Unbelievable that Mike has only played only 1 of the 4 games well. On a good day he is a very explosive and dangerous player, can have similar impact as Larkin, I’ve always felt that way ever since that game in Oaka where Efes was about to get their first away win against Panathinaikos in like a decade, but James single handedly prevented it. The difference between Larkin and James however is that Larkin played 3/4 PO games well and Mike the reverse of that, and that’s exactly the difference between a superstar and a regular player.

So anyway.... I already said I didnt consider Olympiacos a top team, and it seems they are doing whatever it takes to prove me right. They will go in the history books as the worst second seeded team ever. The only way Monaco will eliminate them however, is if James will stop forcing his shots like that and tap into that energy when he defended Oaka against Efes.

For Bayern, Trinchieri is definitely the best new generation coach of European basketball, he keeps showing it time after time, whereas Jasikevicius is riding too much on eliminating, again, Olympiacos as the underdog, and with all due respect, that was the season Olympiacos’ collapse started... But forcing a game 5 against the well deserved first seeded team of the Euroleague is already a big up. I wish it was possible for Fener to take Trinchieri but I dont consider it realistic that Bayern will let him go.

i see both Gm5 won by home team 10+pts diffrence.

In Gm7 type atmospehere crowds are crazy and fans literally force their players play extra hard like there is no tommorow.

That 13-0 in Gm5 for home team is not fluke. It will be 15-0 by next week.

I watched the Barca game properly today again and Trinchieri made Sanli really to his bitch. They attacked him relentlessly when he was on the court. Sanli is a solid post defender but face up he struggles a lot against more explosive guys. He couldnt defend any pick and roll action.

Calathes on the other hand exceeded his prime. He is in strong decline not much of his athleticism is left.

Trinchieri is mentioned as good option for Fener. Maybe he is, I have no doubt he would bring some of his players, Lucic first of all.

I believe he isn't pussy like Kokoskov that didn't bring a single player from Slovenian champion team, Prepelic in the first place. Maybe he is even better coach then Trinchieri but he damaged Fener a lot with stupid transfers.

If this off topic moderator could move to Kokoskov's boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    @paspalj

I didn't know that's possible for Pao fan to cheer for Oly in any kind of game. And I see you don't particularly like Calathes.

Barcelona and Madrid are both great cities.
    I am really not a fanatic when it comes to sports. I acknowledge that the team we pick to support during our formative years is based on completely random factors and I don't let it affect my life that much I was really glad when they won in 2012 as the ultimate outsider (but also I was kinda upset with the refereeing of our semifinal).

I have given my opinion on Calathes in this forum so so so many times. Especially during the deification/demonization period during his Pao days. I do like his work ethic and attitude but unfortunately he can have success ONLY with 4 other perimeters shooters. Not 3. All 4 need to be adequate outside shooters. I believe that this is very close to an objective evaluation of the player.

Barcelona was amazing too, but there were SO MANY people there that added a bit of frustration.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Calathes on the other hand exceeded his prime. He is in strong decline not much of his athleticism is left.
    Any thoughts on Mirotic?

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Trinchieri is mentioned as good option for Fener. Maybe he is, I have no doubt he would bring some of his players, Lucic first of all.

I believe he isn't pussy like Kokoskov that didn't bring a single player from Slovenian champion team, Prepelic in the first place. Maybe he is even better coach then Trinchieri but he damaged Fener a lot with stupid transfers.

Not at all, it's pretty relevant to this thread considering how much Trinchieri is getting out of his team.
    The Fenerbahce 22/23 thread will be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
    ..., I’ve always felt that way ever since that game in Oaka where Efes was about to get their first away win against Panathinaikos in like a decade, but James single handedly prevented it...
    do you mean the game where they awarded 3 FTs on the last second for Honeycutt's foul way before the shot attempt? that was not James' doing, that was a robbery.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    do you mean the game where they awarded 3 FTs on the last second for Honeycutt's foul way before the shot attempt? that was not James' doing, that was a robbery.
    Lol, after your message I checked out the highlights to refresh my memory, and it seems I put a like on every single comment complaining about officiating, so yeah first of all let’s agree it was a robbery (just like in Oaka this season against FB).

But for some reason I remembered this match mostly for James rather than referee calls, maybe I gave him too much credit in my memory, but regardless of the calls I guess he did take responsibility at a time where panathinaikos fans couldnt stop talking about how Calathes was the best player of all Europe lol. This was the first time Mike James was on my radar as a possible leader.

David Dudzinski and Needam signed an extention of 2 years with Bursaspor. The reason why I write this here is Dudzinski would be a very suitable bench piece for Fenerbahce. With the same budget as they had this season they need to find some cheap bench pieces with Euroleague breakout. Dudzinski was a very interesting guy who can stretch the floor, defense is decent and he has a nice touch. 100 times better than Barthel. Give Dudzinksi 350K Euro and hell work his butt off for you and you can pay for a star play maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    David Dudzinski and Needam signed an extention of 2 years with Bursaspor. The reason why I write this here is Dudzinski would be a very suitable bench piece for Fenerbahce. With the same budget as they had this season they need to find some cheap bench pieces with Euroleague breakout. Dudzinski was a very interesting guy who can stretch the floor, defense is decent and he has a nice touch. 100 times better than Barthel. Give Dudzinksi 350K Euro and hell work his butt off for you and you can pay for a star play maker.
    You have take in account level of competition. Not many players from Eurocup are Euroleague material.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    You have take in account level of competition. Not many players from Eurocup are Euroleague material.
    He is more than enough for a bench role. I mean if McKissic or Larentzakis can play for Olympiacos Dudzinski can do it more than both of them do together.

Hayes and Andrews look like they will land in Euroleague in any case. I have my doubts about Andrews but he will try it out or he will never get the chance again. About Onuralp Bitim there are discussions if he should stay in Eurocup level for one more year or try out Euroleague. The team will fall apart unless they make it to Euroleague

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post

Lucic renewed his contract until 2025 three months ago.

Electric atmosphere in Barselona Edgy first quarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Barcelona cant find a solution to the great defense of Bayern and they are defending too sloppy. Sanli is unusable the way Saras uses him. Jokubaitis made small mistakes and Calathes cant shoot. Barca lacks individual creators. In crucial time Mirotic cant show anything again. Unbelievable he gets like 4 million euros.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast