Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 528

Thread: Euroleague Playoffs 2022

  1. #481
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4,376
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trey from mars View Post
    Fans can and do influence what happens on court in so far as they influence refereeing decisions, we've all seen "home court decisions" in our time and unfortunately with the particular dynamics of this F4 Efes will be vulnerable to such calls going against them. Please don't get me wrong, I have faith in every player who wears the Efes jersey but the margin between success and failure is likely to be tight and we all know a few "home court decisions" here and there can influence the result of the game.
    Efes is not Monaco and not FB. Fans cannot influence anything what would be meaningful. There wont be a tight game either. Efes is just too strong and too experienced and lets say it goes tight, so what? Do you trust the dominating team for the last 4 years or Hassan Martin and Shaq Mckissic who played his prime in low budget teams in Turkey. There will be 4-5 guys who will need to play their max in order to compete with Efes or do you really think Micic and Larkin or lets say Beaubois will defend Sloukas like Monaco did. They will force Sloukas to give the ball to another guy to guys like Dorsey who cant see anything except the rim or even worse McKissic.

    Efes will eat Oly alive.

  2. #482
    Senior Member Furkan Korkmaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    338
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Yet another Jasikevicius' discovery and student reached the elite of EL bb - Thomas Walkup.

    Micic, Pangos, Davies, Landale, Th. Walkup, Jokubaitis, Grigonis, Westermanm, Leday, A. White and others...
    Lol @ Westermann in your list of “Elite of BB”. Actually half these names aren’t close to Elite.

  3. #483
    Senior Member Victorious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,650
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Sloukas is off course an MVP candidate but coming to Oly the team is directly said too inexperienced, especially if you want to keep Sloukas for the last quarter. Efes has many possibilities to make the way Oly is playing very difficult. Just playing with Pleiß on the perimeter will force Fall to leave the painted area and you have open space for Micic and Larkin. Oly makes a good job creating open shots with Fall and he also sees cutting guys but if you let him play without bringing help the whole game plan of Oly is a mess. Fall defended James well but neither Micic nor Larkin are James type guys they know to attack and use their body against Fall well. Efes just needs to play good transition defense, rebounding could be a problem though.
    Some players of Olympiacos need to step up in order to beat Efes. The current Olympiacos has some potential to do that.

    I think that Olympiacos was under an enormous amount of pressure in this series. Monaco was a very good team, in great shape, and had little to loose. Some of Monaco's players had outdone themselves.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

  4. #484
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
    Lol @ Westermann in your list of “Elite of BB”. Actually half these names aren’t close to Elite.
    No, off course. Latter list is more to show how many nice gems Saras discovered...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

  5. #485
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4,376
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Westermann was a catastrophe the whole series but props to Saras who make player look like solid player... Westermann, Ulanovas etc.

  6. #486
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Westermann was a catastrophe the whole series but props to Saras who make player look like solid player... Westermann, Ulanovas etc.
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

  7. #487
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    259

    Default

    I haven't liked Ataman as a character for years. But I can't ignore their achievements either. As far as I know, he knows how many days are special for this match. Efes is a great team. it was the last champion and the best team of the last three years whether you accept it or not. I'm looking forward to this semi-final match. Let's see who comes out of the hat and what rabbit.

  8. #488
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,997

    Default

    Oly was 2nd in RS and they will have some sort of HCA maybe. It's clear they are favorite

    Walkup is their main player imo

    On the other side Efes beat them twice heavely this season, which means nothing btw

  9. #489
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,365
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Congrats to Oly. Monaco fought hard but they don’t have even 1/10 of Oly’s experience in games like these.

    I hope we see great F4 games. Efes is a clear favorite in their semifinal (in my opinion) but Oly has time and again played the role of the underdog excellently. I believe that the winner of this game will go ahead and win the final too
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

  10. #490
    Senior Member zubitos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    203
    Country: Greece

    Default

    congratulations to my team for returning to f4 after 5 years. Congratulations to Monaco too because it really made it difficult for us ... if Monaco went to f4 I think I would support them.
    we know that Efes has the best team in the last 3 years ..... we know that our team has half the budget of the other teams in f4 ..... but we also know from our experience that f4 is something different and everyone has a 25% chance of winning the title. It just 2 games.
    We believe in the team, we play really great all season (except 4 defeats in a row after covid issues in the team in January).
    and we will get our share of 25%.
    Besides all, everything in f4 has to do with the night you will be.
    Our target in the start of the season was to reach the playoffs.....we were 2nd and we managed to qualify for the f4....something that was above our expectation, and we deserve some respect for this.
    We like to be the underdog .... 3 times that we win the title we where the absolute underdog....the only time that we were the absolute favorite in Tel Aviv 1994....was a disaster.

    So we are happy that we are back, congrats to every team that reach the f4....I hope to see some amazing games.

  11. #491
    Senior Member berry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    588
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Oly was 2nd in RS and they will have some sort of HCA maybe. It's clear they are favorite

    Walkup is their main player imo

    On the other side Efes beat them twice heavely this season, which means nothing btw
    Efes lost in SEF.

  12. #492
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by berry View Post
    Efes lost in SEF.
    True. In OT, I see now. In my head was that Efes won . It was previous season when Efes won in SEF

  13. #493
    Senior Member Furkan Korkmaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    338
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    True. In OT, I see now. In my head was that Efes won . It was previous season when Efes won in SEF
    Yeah it was a single possession loss while both Micic and Larkin played awful. It is quite telling that Oly needed OT to win under those circumstances, though they would have won in regular time but Sloukas was choking them in the last quarter, but somewhat made it up with the winner three pointer I guess. Either way I’ve never been a fan of Sloukas and I’m not that intimidated by a team that he leads, but if Shane and Micic again have a bad day Efes can ofcourse lose again. Somehow I have a bad feeling about Micic in particular.... We’ll see.

  14. #494
    Senior Member berry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    588
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
    Yeah it was a single possession loss while both Micic and Larkin played awful. It says alot that Oly needed OT to win under those circumstances. Oly would have won in regular time but Sloukas was choking them in the last quarter, but made it up with the winner three pointer I guess. Either way I’ve never been a fan of Sloukas and I’m not remotely intimidated by a team that he leads, but if Shane and Micic again have a bad day Efes can ofcourse lose again.
    I've watched both my team's series and the Efes-Armani one.Monaco was the team that i didnt want us to seed with,even more than Efes and i think i was right.Monaco is a team with great talent and most athleticism and i wasnt sure Oly could cope with that.Defending James was the best warm up for facing Larkin though.Efes is the favorite in the semi but is not the same Efes as the previous years.If i was an Efes fan and had watched Oly's series,i wouldnt be THAT comfortable about an easy win.

  15. #495
    Senior Member Furkan Korkmaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    338
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by berry View Post
    I've watched both my team's series and the Efes-Armani one.Monaco was the team that i didnt want us to seed with,even more than Efes and i think i was right.Monaco is a team with great talent and most athleticism and i wasnt sure Oly could cope with that.Defending James was the best warm up for facing Larkin though.Efes is the favorite in the semi but is not the same Efes as the previous years.If i was an Efes fan and had watched Oly's series,i wouldnt be THAT comfortable about an easy win.
    I never spoke of any easy wins, I said it all depends on the form of the players on that day, and I’m currently not feeling very confident about Micic. As for Mike James, he played only 1 of the 5 games well, 1/5(!) that’s absolutely miserable. It’s an insult to Larkin to say he’s the best warm up for facing Shane. However if Efes and Oly matched, Oly would not have been in the F4, that’s a given. This Oly cant beat Efes over a series. I personally really wanted to match Oly and was nervous about Real or Milan, but it all worked out in the end. No I dont consider Monaco a good team, it’s on my list of teams that only made playoffs because of Putin. I find it unacceptable to go into 5 games against them, especially while Mike James was bricking all series.

  16. #496
    Senior Member berry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    588
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
    I never spoke of any easy wins, I said it all depends on the form of the players on that day, and I’m currently not feeling very confident about Micic. As for Mike James, he played only 1 of the 5 games well, 1/5(!) that’s absolutely miserable. It’s an insult to Larkin to say he’s the best warm up for facing Shane. However if Efes and Oly matched, Oly would not have been in the F4, that’s a given. This Oly cant beat Efes over a series. I personally really wanted to match Oly and was nervous about Real or Milan, but it all worked out in the end. No I dont consider Monaco a good team, it’s on my list of teams that only made playoffs because of Putin. I find it unacceptable to go into 5 games against them, especially while Mike James was bricking all series.
    The "easy" part wasnt for you but for the general comments i've seen on platforms from turkish fans.For me,James didnt have spectacular shooting in these series but he was way more level-headed.There are only 2 players in Europe with this talent and play style,him and Larkin,so i dont know how you consider that as an insult.Monaco is a good team and if they had a better backup for Lee,instead of that awfull Westermann plus the injured Diallo,Oly would not be in F4.Bacon was incredible in these series and we only managed to defend him in game 5.You are mistaken about Monaco profiting from the banning of the Russian teams.Monaco would finish 4-5 with the Russians in.Check your stats again.

  17. #497
    Senior Member zubitos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    203
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
    I never spoke of any easy wins, I said it all depends on the form of the players on that day, and I’m currently not feeling very confident about Micic. As for Mike James, he played only 1 of the 5 games well, 1/5(!) that’s absolutely miserable. It’s an insult to Larkin to say he’s the best warm up for facing Shane. However if Efes and Oly matched, Oly would not have been in the F4, that’s a given. This Oly cant beat Efes over a series. I personally really wanted to match Oly and was nervous about Real or Milan, but it all worked out in the end. No I dont consider Monaco a good team, it’s on my list of teams that only made playoffs because of Putin. I find it unacceptable to go into 5 games against them, especially while Mike James was bricking all series.
    So for you Oly is in final four because of Poutin.....
    Monaco is in play offs because of Putin also.....

    Please explain this again because I can't get your point.
    How come Monaco was in playoffs because of Putin when they take back from them 3 wins against Russian teams and still managed to get to the playoffs?
    How come Oly is in final four because of Putin when was 4th before the invasion above the Russian teams.....and he had all Russian teams in Pireaus in the second round?

    I really can't get your point.

  18. #498
    Senior Member Furkan Korkmaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    338
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zubitos View Post
    Please explain this again because I can't get your point.
    Zenit, Unics and especially Cska all were candidates for the playoffs with CSKA definitely making it and another one of the 2 most likely aswell, their expulsion hit the league like an atomic bomb and suddenly even long eliminated Zvezda and Alba stood a chance to make it. It was a total disaster. Monaco ended 7th without these teams, with them they would have ended lower, considering I dont see how they could end above CSKA in particular. Mind you only the top 2 were quite ahead of the rest, 3-8 were a close race and even the teams following at 9-11 were close. The lower number of rounds broke their opportunities to make up for early season losses. Suddenly the significance of results in the early season increased alot, and that to me is utter nonsense, hence I consider this a Circus season.

    there would have been many more rounds to be played if the Russian teams stayed in the league, we went from 34 rounds to 28(!). After a simple observation of the situation for me the conclusion I gear towards is this. Monaco could be a candidate for the 8th place though, but that’s being optimistic. I personally think Fenerbahce would have most profited from 3 extra wins of Russian teams and another 3 to be played against them, under normal circumstances my candidate for 8th place was Fenerbahce, but the decision really broke the spirit of the team. Djordjevic was not able to keep it together after the final blow of that, and we saw teams like Monaco profit from it. This is my opinion, simple as that. It’s no rocket science.
    Last edited by Furkan Korkmaz; 05-05-2022 at 10:29 AM.

  19. #499
    Senior Member Furkan Korkmaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    338
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by berry View Post
    The "easy" part wasnt for you but for the general comments i've seen on platforms from turkish fans.
    I cant comment regarding other platforms but HERE it was only 1 person. I’ve also seen Olympiacos fans who already declared to win the trophy for that matter (on other platforms).

  20. #500
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,997

    Default

    Though I am not impressed too much with the Efes's performance in QF, fact is that they played against the strongest opponent of all(3rd seeded), without HCA. Armani is team with one of the highest budgets with smart coach on the bench. They missed Melli and Delaney, but on the other side Efes missed Simon and Beaubois. I's a question who was more damaged

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •