Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Playoffs 2022

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    What are you talking about, it's just a geographic area, there's no need of cultural homogeneity. Like Europe itself for example.

I won't write anything else about this argument because it is obviously OT.
    Man just stop. Look at the map and you will see that Slovenia is geographically in Central Europe and not in Balkan. Yes Yugoslavia was on Balkan, but that country doesn't exist anymore. And forget Google, you can find whatever shit you want there.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Man just stop. Look at the map and you will see that Slovenia is geographically in Central Europe and not in Balkan. Yes Yugoslavia was on Balkan, but that country doesn't exist anymore. And forget Google, you can find whatever shit you want there.
    Around 35% of Slovenia is in what we consider as the Balkan peninsula.

Quote Originally Posted by zubitos View Post
    Milano Efes game 2......what a game.
    I think that in series everything goes wrong for Messina...but they found the way to tie the series.....in my mind they don't have a chance in Instabul.....but at least they proved that if they didn't be so pure offensively in the first game and if they had a full roaster maybe the series really was the most interesting series.
    Efes has the quality....and the experience to finish the series now with these conditions. And to be fair.....f4 will be more prestige with Efes.

As about Barca I believe that will found the way in the series......respect to Bayern of course.

What I like most in the playoffs is to watch the players that they do the step up for their carriers.
    If you notice.....we are seeing a lot of experienced players step up in the playoffs because they use their experience (El chacho, Larkin, Micic, Calathes, Causer, Printezis)......but the real think to notice is the new guys....who try to notice their present.....because within them is the source for the future stars or the future experience players.....and untill now we have (Deshon Thomas, Shields, Thomas Walkup,Mackissik,Jiaramaz and Weiler-Babb.

Lets see in the following games.
    Milano is really poor now... but, what about Efes? I don't see an unbeatable opponent, and if I am not wrong Milano came back from -16 or something like that to win in Istanbul not long ago..

We will see what happen, but I won't be suprised if Milano will win on the road.
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Quote Originally Posted by radallo View Post
    Milano is really poor now... but, what about Efes? I don't see an unbeatable opponent, and if I am not wrong Milano came back from -16 or something like that to win in Istanbul not long ago..

We will see what happen, but I won't be suprised if Milano will win on the road.
    I agree.....but with full roaster!!!
    With those absents.....I don't think so.

After last night game I also believe that Efes could lose the serie Not because Armani did something unusual, I saw many games in which team that lost players due to injuries raise and other players become heroes.

Last night game showed that Efes still has black holes without game plan and endless Micic's shooting for 3pt. There is no Simon and Sanli anymore to save the day.

Furkan is right, Micic isn't worth of money he gets, Larkin is.

I could understand that player shoots 0/7 during game, bad night maybe, but when matters high payed player must take smart decisions, that's why he is payed more then others in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by berry View Post
    Around 35% of Slovenia is in what we consider as the Balkan peninsula.
    That's what I said, 30-35%

In this Bob's logic and looking just maps, Croatia isn't Balkan country too because capital Zagreb (and large part of the country) is north from Balkan border.

Or Russia isn't europe country because 80% is in Asia

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    That's what I said, 30-35%

In this Bob's logic and looking just maps, Croatia isn't Balkan country too because capital Zagreb (and large part of the country) is north from Balkan border.

Or Russia isn't europe country because 80% is in Asia
    Slovenia is in conversation for Balkan country just because it was once upon a time in Yugoslavia. It doesn't belong there by any other criteria. When it was in Austrian-Hungary monarchy nobody even though about those places belonging to Balkan. It's Central Europe and it always was Central Europe.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 04-22-2022 at 01:13 PM.
    previously known as Beno

Yes but Milano seems to have remained without players, Rodriguez probably won't play, Delaney is also injured and in a bad shape anyway. Moreover I suppose that Efes at home will be a LITTLE more serious.

Quote Originally Posted by surfer View Post
    Yes, he probably stepped on Singleton's foot. It is very painful and incapacitating when it happens, happened to me many times but with right treatment it can be resolved in 5 days. Anyways, I don't want to win a series just because the opponent has lost important players. The problem is our game plan sucks at the moment. I play every weekend outdoors with friends and the strategy is exactly the same Take the ball, never pass it and force a stupid three after 20 seconds
    Messina doesn't sound optimistic,

"
    “You could see Coach Ataman correctly smiling, he was not even upset. He knows that the series is almost over. We are probably playing without four or five players in the next games. We just want to enjoy today, and then think about the next game,” he said and later echoed those words satin it will be an extremely hard play on the road without Delaney, Rodriguez, and Nicolo Melli.

“The series is over because we can’t play without Delaney, Rodriguez and Melli. We need a miracle, which happens sometimes, but realistically they are super favorites. We will prepare and go to Istanbul to give everything, but we must be realistic. We certainly don’t give up, but I don’t want the kids to feel burdened with special responsibilities,” he noted."
    previously known as Beno

Messina doesn't sound optimistic,

"
    “You could see Coach Ataman correctly smiling, he was not even upset. He knows that the series is almost over. We are probably playing without four or five players in the next games. We just want to enjoy today, and then think about the next game,” he said and later echoed those words satin it will be an extremely hard play on the road without Delaney, Rodriguez, and Nicolo Melli.

“The series is over because we can’t play without Delaney, Rodriguez and Melli. We need a miracle, which happens sometimes, but realistically they are super favorites. We will prepare and go to Istanbul to give everything, but we must be realistic. We certainly don’t give up, but I don’t want the kids to feel burdened with special responsibilities,” he noted."
    I don't see Messina giving up that easy, it is clearly some mind game. Even if both guards don't play in İstanbul I am still waiting for Milano to fight.
    la piscine, j'adore la piscine! towels, sunscreens, bathing suits. diving boards and towels. those ladders, towels.

I don't see Messina giving up that easy, it is clearly some mind game. Even if both guards don't play in İstanbul I am still waiting for Milano to fight.
    You have seen Milano without guards in game 1.
    previously known as Beno

Delaney is officially out of playoffs.
    previously known as Beno

This happens if you dare to play with Larentzakis and Mckissic. Both are not EL level player and what is Dorsey trying? He must be thinking he is Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    This happens if you dare to play with Larentzakis and Mckissic. Both are not EL level player and what is Dorsey trying? He must be thinking he is Kobe.
    Oly probably win the series but I root for Monaco at this time because an away win will make the series much more interesting. But I still think that it won't happen. But if Efes makes F4, I would still prefer Oly instead of Monaco because their game is much more predictable.
    la piscine, j'adore la piscine! towels, sunscreens, bathing suits. diving boards and towels. those ladders, towels.

Rodriguez will be on the roster in İstanbul.

Quote Originally Posted by Worrax View Post
    Rodriguez will be on the roster in İstanbul.
    He might play. Official news is, He will be further evaluated in the coming days.
    previously known as Beno

Interesting development. Real the only team that could defend HCA. Let's see if they shit the bed too.
    previously known as Beno

Oly probably win the series but I root for Monaco at this time because an away win will make the series much more interesting. But I still think that it won't happen. But if Efes makes F4, I would still prefer Oly instead of Monaco because their game is much more predictable.
    I'm not sure if Oly is still favourite. This's total embarrassment at home.
    previously known as Beno

I knew it! Monaco would steal a game by the hands of James, that’s why I did Monaco win in the prediction game in both rounds... (I was the ONLY one) but by 24 points? Funny enough we had the conversation whether Oly was a top euroleague team or not yesterday, and I think we saw on full display tonight why I say it’s not. Oly is alot more vulnerable away than they are home, I actually see Monaco taking this to Belgrade if James stays in his second half form.

Not sure if Efes should be happy about that or if Milan should be upset about it, he was horrendous in both games... Milan played better with him out, and got the win with Shields.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast