Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Playoffs 2022

Quote Originally Posted by surfer View Post
    We don't know anything yet about Delaney and Rodriguez, I think at least one of them will be able to play.
    Did you see how Rodriguez exited floor after the game? No way that he's playing. I don't know for sure about Delaney but the most likely scenario is both being out. With all players already missing this is final blow.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Did you see how Rodriguez exited floor after the game? No way that he's playing. I don't know about Delaney but the most likely scenario is both being out.
    Did you see him in the post-game interview? Very jolly and seems totally fine... exiting a game where he’s overused (relative to how much playtime he gets normally, as hes a bit older) doesnt mean he is out for an entire month lol.

Did you see how Rodriguez exited floor after the game? No way that he's playing. I don't know sure about Delaney but the most likely scenario is both being out.
    Yes, he probably stepped on Singleton's foot. It is very painful and incapacitating when it happens, happened to me many times but with right treatment it can be resolved in 5 days. Anyways, I don't want to win a series just because the opponent has lost important players. The problem is our game plan sucks at the moment. I play every weekend outdoors with friends and the strategy is exactly the same Take the ball, never pass it and force a stupid three after 20 seconds
    la piscine, j'adore la piscine! towels, sunscreens, bathing suits. diving boards and towels. those ladders, towels.

I just wonder what other players think when Larkin and Micic carelessly force 20 three pointers, almost none of them were open shots...
    Yeah, there were some poor shot selections for sure, but I also felt Milano got away with overly physical play on too many occasions, this has an impact on the scoreline too. I didn't get the impression Milano deserved to win the game any more than Efes did, but that's the way it goes sometimes. It's a 5 game series with everything left to play for.

I said yesterday exactly that. Nobody will give him keys, and he's doing nothing special enough to deserve some other solid role.

But even if you give him keys by some miracle, he cannot play with his style against those athletic freaks. He's not big or strong enough.
    He definitely is big and strong enough for a guard, even for NBA level, but he is not athletic enough and he doesn't have a tremendous skill set to make up for it. I can see him getting a role, players of similar quality or even worse got the role there, but I don't think he would agree for that.

I just wonder what other players think when Larkin and Micic carelessly force 20 three pointers, almost none of them were open shots...
    Of course. Older users like me (born in the 70's or earlier) perhaps remember an enjoyable yet repetitive song of the early 80s, "One for you, one for me".

This was exactly Efes' attacking system yesterday, one for you Micic (keep the ball for 20 seconds and shoot), one for me Larkin doing the same. Ok Micic missed the shots but Larkin couldn't have taken all of them, he needs rest from time to time.

The coach watched them with pleasure changing nothing and requested his timeout only in the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    He definitely is big and strong enough for a guard, even for NBA level, but he is not athletic enough and he doesn't have a tremendous skill set to make up for it. I can see him getting a role, players of similar quality or even worse got the role there, but I don't think he would agree for that.
    Nba is star driven league, players with usage over 30. Others are mostly 3&D players, shooters, good defenders... Micic style of play, body type or skills really don't make him useful, if you don't give him a ball a lot. I just don't see a point for going there, he will end as bench warmer.

Larkin is better shooter but again too small and too big liability in D to be worth it. No future there too.
    previously known as Beno

Efes again without game plan in the finish

Micic shoting for 3 without balance and Ataman without brain to stop that

But I am not stunned too much with the result even if Armani finished without 4 main players. Shields played like Jordan without main players on the court and that is normal and happened many times, They will suffer in next game even if some of them will be back.

Strange that nobody from Spain, France and Italy is here. 4 teams from those countries are fighting in playoff

IBN is Balkan, Turkey, Lithuania and Israel now

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Strange that nobody from Spain, France and Italy is here. 4 teams from those countries are fighting in playoff

IBN is Balkan, Turkey, Lithuania and Israel now
    Slovenia is not Balkan.
    previously known as Beno

Slovenia is not Balkan.
    half of the country is or maybe third

half of the country is
    Not really.
    previously known as Beno

Not really.
    There is no universal agreement on what constitutes the Balkans. However, the following are usually included: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, and Slovenia. Portions of Greece and Turkey are also within the Balkan Peninsula.

Source: Google

There is no universal agreement on what constitutes the Balkans. However, the following are usually included: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, and Slovenia. Portions of Greece and Turkey are also within the Balkan Peninsula.

You should look better at the map.
    previously known as Beno

Young people can't remember Balkan games (athletics and swimming) but all these countries (of course some of them replaced by Jugoslavia) partecipated in them (excluding Albania but it was their choice), so the answer is yes, all these countries are balkans.

Turkey is questionable but it is considered a balkan country by many people due to the european portion of its territory (till Istanbul) and personally I agree with this judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    Young people can't remember Balkan games (athletics and swimming) but all these countries (of course some of them replaced by Jugoslavia) partecipated in them (excluding Albania but it was their choice), so the answer is yes, all these countries are balkans.

Turkey is questionable but it is considered a balkan country by many people due to the european portion of its territory (till Istanbul) and personally I agree with this judgement.
    Don't be silly. Slovenia was truly part of Yugoslavia, but that's over and it lasted only 45 years. I don't know if you were already in Slovenia but believe me Slovenia has geographically, historically or culturally nothing with Balkan.

Tell me, is Isreal Middle East or maybe part of Europe, because they participate in Euro Song?

One quick look at the map will give you better answer about those questions than Wikipedia.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 04-22-2022 at 06:43 AM.
    previously known as Beno

Don't be silly. Slovenia was truly part of Yugoslavia, but that's over and it lasted only 45 years. I don't know if you were already in Slovenia but believe me Slovenia has geographically, historically or culturally nothing with Balkan.

Tell me, is Isreal Middle East or maybe part of Europe, because they participate in Euro Song?

One quick look at the map will give you better answer about those questions than Wikipedia.
    What are you talking about, it's just a geographic area, there's no need of cultural homogeneity. Like Europe itself for example.

I won't write anything else about this argument because it is obviously OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
    Great that you agree, so no need to argue. As for the “now”, I’m not sure if you understood that there’s been an unseen situation with 3 Russian teams being excluded , many games postponed because of covid with alot of inconsistency, half filled stadiums throughout most of the season, the whole regular season has been a total circus. You dont get excused for 3 seasons of disasters by ending 2/3 (tied) in such circumstances. In both away games against the Turkish teams you got shown all corners of the court and werent remotely competitive. I’m gonna need more than “but we ended second in RS” to put you in my top tier list.
    For sure no need to argue.
    I can take in advance that Oly is not in yours top list teams....or nobody's top list teams at the start of the season......but I felt that your comment was not decent for a team that plays a good basketball in the season with principles and rules with an attractive result (in the season as I told).
    After your last comment the way you think is more understood to me.....so end of conversation.

I just want you to know that I mention your comment not with hard feelings....but only because it seems to me unfair(for Oly and for Monaco).....beyond all...we are in a basketball forum....so we speak about basketball.
    Last edited by zubitos; 04-22-2022 at 09:17 AM.

Milano Efes game 2......what a game.
    I think that in series everything goes wrong for Messina...but they found the way to tie the series.....in my mind they don't have a chance in Instabul.....but at least they proved that if they didn't be so pure offensively in the first game and if they had a full roaster maybe the series really was the most interesting series.
    Efes has the quality....and the experience to finish the series now with these conditions. And to be fair.....f4 will be more prestige with Efes.

As about Barca I believe that will found the way in the series......respect to Bayern of course.

What I like most in the playoffs is to watch the players that they do the step up for their carriers.
    If you notice.....we are seeing a lot of experienced players step up in the playoffs because they use their experience (El chacho, Larkin, Micic, Calathes, Causer, Printezis)......but the real think to notice is the new guys....who try to notice their present.....because within them is the source for the future stars or the future experience players.....and untill now we have (Deshon Thomas, Shields, Thomas Walkup,Mackissik,Jiaramaz and Weiler-Babb.

Lets see in the following games.

Quote Originally Posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
    Great that you agree, so no need to argue. As for the “now”, I’m not sure if you understood that there’s been an unseen situation with 3 Russian teams being excluded , many games postponed because of covid with alot of inconsistency, half filled stadiums throughout most of the season, the whole regular season has been a total circus. You dont get excused for 3 seasons of disasters by ending 2/3 (tied) in such circumstances. In both away games against the Turkish teams you got shown all corners of the court and werent remotely competitive. I’m gonna need more than “but we ended second in RS” to put you in my top tier list.
    Sure,lets talk 2022 and not about past honours.So a team with a budget at the low mid table,finishing 2nd,able to compete even for first place if given the chance to play 3 more games,with the Russians in her own court with a record of 13-1 and not losing in Barcelona if not for that joke of a foul given to the home team in the last second,cant be considered top cause of a low performance in the 2 games in Turkey.Sure buddy,you got a very keen basketball eye.
    To add to this,Oly would have been in the 18 F4 if not crippled by injuries.Final in 17.Blatt's team in 19 would also compete for F4 if not for the economic struggles of the owners that are solved now.20 was a covid year.So to conclude,yeah,Oly was,is and propably will continue to be a top team.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast