SEA GAMES in Vietnam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
    The question I have with SMC is, will they develop the players we need to be competitive? Can they do that? Because I don't know if they can focus on development for the international game, or if they're willing to.
    MVP and SMC are basically the same to me just that SMC is richer hence better. I dont expect the actual change required from them. I just dont like the other options too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rds View Post
      Yup agree that Navarro, Lopez and Tungcab could have bothered the Indo shooters more. It would be harder to shoot if those guys are rushing you instead of say Kiefer or Pogoy. Not sure though if Navarro would have had the strength to body up Michael though.
      Would Balti, Tamayo or Carino be any better? How about AJ?

Comment

• I bet the PNoise in the internet are proclaiming that our 19 y.o, LBL is better then their 19 y.o. DMX. What better time to gauge each other's skills than this SEA Games, but Chot wasted this oppurtunity, and didnt even bother to reinforce the PNoise's feelings. We might not have a chance to see LBL going up against DMX from hereon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
          MVP and SMC are basically the same to me just that SMC is richer hence better. I dont expect the actual change required from them. I just dont like the other options too.
          SMC is richer. But it doesnt pour aa much money to schools. In Tabs program the HS and college development is key. As many say its too late to do it in the PBA.

Development is the key to a basketball program. And Tab stumbled on it by getting the best internationally fit the players he can in the UAAP. Special mention how he courted Delta. Because Balti, along with Kouame were the defensive pillars of that team.

If expectations push we will again see internationally fit college guys in the tourneys. They should even get Quiambao if they can. This is how are program should be. Then the best guys go to the internationsl leagues while the role players go to the OBA. But the system doesnt change. So when the are all called only a refresher is needed.

This is Tabs program. And it is the only one that has actually developed players. It is a must that we continue it even if SMC takes over

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
            Would Balti, Tamayo or Carino be any better? How about AJ?
            Balti would be better. It is possible we couldve won if he was matched up against Michael. He has had some blowbys in the UAAP but how he led the defense on Hyung Jun Lee is proof how good he can be defensively on the perimeter.

Comment

Balti would be better. It is possible we couldve won if he was matched up against Michael. He has had some blowbys in the UAAP but how he led the defense on Hyung Jun Lee is proof how good he can be defensively on the perimeter.
              Plus, it's a 4 matched up against another 4. Balti might have bothered DMX some, although DMX is also athletic.

Comment

• Baldwin trending on Twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                  Plus, it's a 4 matched up against another 4. Balti might have bothered DMX some, although DMX is also athletic.
                  If Balti was trained like DMX early on. Well Balti can still aharoen his offensive and defensive skills in the B league

Comment

SMC is richer. But it doesnt pour aa much money to schools. In Tabs program the HS and college development is key. As many say its too late to do it in the PBA.

Development is the key to a basketball program. And Tab stumbled on it by getting the best internationally fit the players he can in the UAAP. Special mention how he courted Delta. Because Balti, along with Kouame were the defensive pillars of that team.

If expectations push we will again see internationally fit college guys in the tourneys. They should even get Quiambao if they can. This is how are program should be. Then the best guys go to the internationsl leagues while the role players go to the OBA. But the system doesnt change. So when the are all called only a refresher is needed.

This is Tabs program. And it is the only one that has actually developed players. It is a must that we continue it even if SMC takes over
                    I never trusted Tab ever since he wanted Kai to play for Ateneo for college. Even saying he was better off home than in the US or Europe. Self interested like the rest of the lot. Now if he actually had a program which wants players to move on then thats another discussion.

Comment

Yup agree that Navarro, Lopez and Tungcab could have bothered the Indo shooters more. It would be harder to shoot if those guys are rushing you instead of say Kiefer or Pogoy. Not sure though if Navarro would have had the strength to body up Michael though.
                      And Pogoy chose the gold medal game to be gunshy wtf🤣🤣🤦🏻*♂️

Comment

It sucked that we never get get to find out. And DMX body's is just starting to feel out. He'd be a bigger problem later. I hope everyone at SBP is taking notes

Comment

• Bagay kay chot ang program director.. and x and o kay tab..what would be the most impressive thing for indonesia sana if na transfer ni toroman to pesic and their local coaches the program as Toroman was really the one calling the x and os for them..
                          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Apparently, even Ramon Ang got mad when Tab was replaced...

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
                              LOL. Why pilit? Is the kai-ange tandem looks effective against the serbia team playing at the same time?
                              That's out of necessity, because we really do not have any other competent world level big at our disposal. Note Kai played zero minutes at 4 for the 36ers when they have competent PFs at their disposal. While Ange litterarally has played zero minutes at 4 for both Gilas and Ateneo. Never has Ange played with Geo together.
                              Last edited by DAdmiral; 05-22-2022, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                                nothing to take away from Indonesia here. they drastically improved. however, the loss of Gilas is more attributable to three factors: (1) coaching; (2) player composition; (3) politics.
                                Indeed jahe
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information