• Show
Clear All

• PBA controls Gilas.

They will not allow the following to join

BR Parks
    Heading
    Baltazar
    Baldwin

PBA would still want a team mostly composed of PBA teams to give them some relevance. They only allowed the cadets to replace them in the qualifiers with the hope na mapahiya si Baldwin and cadets so that they can show that PBA can come back to rescue Philippine basketball. However, it backfired on them. They then decided to bring mostly PBA players in the last qualifiers and SEA games. Napahiya ulit ang PBA. Ano ngayon ang gagawin nila to save face?

Comment

• Originally posted by wnox
      Coach Chot Reyes: "We tried to go with the Fiba rules na just one naturalized player. But the others, apparently hindi. Maybe we have to rethink that like what we did in Manila. We had a lot of naturalized players, Fil-foreign players. Those are the things that we have to look at." (via SPIN.ph)

SO IBIG SABIHIN NI HINDI MO NA CONFIRM YUNG RULES NA GAGAMITIN. Eh di ba trabaho ng coach yun? (Translation: So that means you failed to confirm the rules of the tournament. Isnt that the job of the coach?) TO KNOW THE RULES being used in a tournament. DUN PA LANG NAGPATALO KA NA. (In the area of prep alone you already lost) Ano ang tawag dun?(What do you call that?) Incompetent? Dumb? Misinformed? Cmon CHOT REYES stop making excuses. Dyos ko matindi naman ang kapit mo kay MVP that you will stay as coach at the expense of the Country's National Sport.
      this coach likes to get bashed/lambasted in socmed even though whatever absurd excuses could come from his mouth. this leprechaun likes the moment.
      Last edited by mapuakid; 05-24-2022, 05:04 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonifacio View Post
        Actually, it's Panlileo
        Lol there you go.

Originally posted by wnox
        add Asian Championships 2007 After replacing Toroman's team and Toroman because according to them Gilas 1.0 team who placed 4th in that tournament needed to be changed, the Chot REYES led PBA TEAM of All Stars placed 7th and failed to get past the eliminations losing to Iran and Jordan of Tab Baldwin then made up excuses so he can stay.

2007 Asian Championship (Olympic Qualifying 7th place falling to get past the elimination round)
        2014 AG (Own Goal)
        -2017 Asia Cup (Korea routing)
        -2018 WC Qualifiers (Brawl)
        -2022 Sea Games Silver
        Thanks for the reminder lol

Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
        this coach likes to get bashed/lambasted in socmed even though whatever absurd excuses could come to his mouth. this leprechaun likes the moment.
        Seriously, I am beginning to think that Chot might be a hard-core masochist. I don't understand how, in his mind, he has the balls to continue coaching for the NT.

Comment

add Asian Championships 2007 After replacing Toroman's team and Toroman because according to them Gilas 1.0 team who placed 4th in that tournament needed to be changed, the Chot REYES led PBA TEAM of All Stars placed 7th and failed to get past the eliminations losing to Iran and Jordan of Tab Baldwin then made up excuses so he can stay.

2007 Asian Championship (Olympic Qualifying 7th place falling to get past the elimination round)
          2014 AG (Own Goal)
          -2022 Sea Games Silver
          Wasnt it 2011 Fiba Asia where the Toroman led Gilas placed 4th? they lost 3rd place to another heartbreaker against Korea.

Comment

2014 AG (Own Goal)
            -2022 Sea Games Silver
            Originally posted by wnox
            and by the way he think 2007 was his greatest team and they placed 7th. I am really starting to believe what Chino Trinidad said in his interview.
            2007 team finished 9th place..

Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• In socmed (esp in FB), peenoise were wishing Gilas to get lose coz of politics, chot, etc and that was before and during the SEA games. after sea games, most of them are crying out saying it was because bad officiating that gilas got the upset lol.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
                Lol there you go.

Thanks for the reminder lol

Seriously, I am beginning to think that Chot might be a hard-core masochist. I don't understand how, in his mind, he has the balls to continue coaching for the NT.
                He is not a masochist but a f*ck*ng narcissist - he loves every attention that he receives, good or bad.
                Attack
                defend
                Unite

Comment

• Indonesians are so fast PBA players cannot keep up and their chemistry built up years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by miman View Post
                    Wasnt it 2011 Fiba Asia where the Toroman led Gilas placed 4th? they lost 3rd place to another heartbreaker against Korea.
                    That's correct. That squad overachieved despite being undersized and a mix of amateurs and pros. The losses to Jordan and SK really were very close heartbreakers. Would they have won the 3rd place game, they would have been invited for the London OQT the succeeding year.

Comment

• Why do we always blame the coaching, to me the big difference compared to past SEAG is the talent level of the opposition ( Thailand and Indonesia really had good players they never had before) . to me the biggest problem isn't actually coaching or even preparation , but it's our ability to produce players. the rest of the world just produces better players and others like Indonesia are simply improving players it produces.
                      while we produce many PBA level players we simply do not produce many serious Div 1 level high major prospects ( obvious naman with our output )

we are critical of the German poster, but he actually is correct , Pinoy fans took too highly of their individual players ( Tab actually says this) , yes we have very many highly paid professionals. (one of the most in the world, and get paid very well) , but the level is actually not the good really, our rate of producing Div 1 high major serious prospects is really low... ( i'm not taking about actually getting offers, but are viewed of that level) , just look at the annual top high school gradudates , very few are like top 1000 in a year.
                      Last edited by DAdmiral; 05-24-2022, 05:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                        Why do we always blame the coaching, to me the big difference compared to past SEAG is the talent level of the opposition ( Thailand and Indonesia really had good players they never had before) . to me the biggest problem isn't actually coaching or even preparation , but it's our ability to produce players. the rest of the world just produces better players and others like Indonesia are simply improving players it produces.
                        while we produce many PBA level players we simply do not produce many serious Div 1 level high major prospects ( obvious naman with our output )
                        what happened to the academy (correct me if im wrong) that will sponsor young talent to send them abroad?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Goose View Post
                          Indonesians are so fast PBA players cannot keep up and their chemistry built up years ago.
                          It's really the personnel inserted, and those not inserted, which was a big factor why we lost while giving up 13 3-pointers on 41% shooting.

Wright lacked defensive awareness in team D, while Troy was a straight up liability on that end. Navarro's and Lopez's length, effort, awareness, and athleticism might have mitigated the poor perimeter defense.

What frustrated me the most wasn't the loss. It was the fact that Lopez and Navarro didn't see playing time in that game.

Comment

• I did some basketball drills with Malaysian kids. They have hidden talents. I feel like a double-agent now.

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
                              what happened to the academy (correct me if im wrong) that will sponsor young talent to send them abroad?
                              All I know is there's an academy for sports, which was established by law. However, it hasn't really taken off.

I haven't heard of a special academy that will sponsor young talent overseas, though. Which kinda sucks, because it could be a big help.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                                Why do we always blame the coaching, to me the big difference compared to past SEAG is the talent level of the opposition ( Thailand and Indonesia really had good players they never had before) . to me the biggest problem isn't actually coaching or even preparation , but it's our ability to produce players. the rest of the world just produces better players and others like Indonesia are simply improving players it produces.
                                can we produce Div 1 by the July games?
                                Can we change the coach by July?

we can do 1 or both of the above. do nothing will obviously have the same result. Prep time of roughly 2 months is fixed and we can't do anything about it.
                                WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                                SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information