Fiba u20 ec 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    Mutaf has a lot of quality, technically and physically, he has lot of similarity with Osman, Bona s athletically skills are on high level, team defence is correct, but misses other offensive option, except both who I mentioned. Ukraine is opponent underdog, for medal will be difficult, I think Israel probable opponent in quarter-final has more quality.
    No, he hasnt.

Comment

Mutaf s shoot is bigger part of offense than Osman, but there is some match in moves, physical ability, offensive aggression.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemanja95 View Post
        Mutaf s shoot is bigger part of offense than Osman, but there is some match in moves, physical ability, offensive aggression.
        Mutaf is a pure offensive player who can create his shot from various ways (at least profile wise). Defensively, he is a target right now due to his lack of lateral quickness but he fights, Osman on the other hand is a allround guy who does everything on the court but nothing on a very high level and he can defend at least 3 positions.

I know what you mean. His steals surprised me too. You probably mean his transition offense after stealing the ball but they really have nothing alike.

Comment

Team Turkey is in the QF. Bona dominated the game by himself, Mutaf, Sen and Görener were fairly efficient this time. Mutaf is the closest player to pro level from what I have seen so far. Bona got hurt at the end of the third quarter and came back. If not we would have lost the game. I am pretty sure about that.

And yes, without Bona we would have ended up in Div B.

Comment

Turkey is the best defensive team in the tournament by conceding 62 points in average after 4 games. That's a pretty impressive stats, all credits go to Bona. He defends all five positions. Works on body + experience and he will totally be a defensive monster. We definitely need that kind of player as the early departure of Ömer Aşık hit us hard in recent tournaments.
            Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
            Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Congrats to Lithuanians. They fought like Lions in the first half but the offensive potential is too low. I see a chance for Rubstavicius being a role player in the LTU NT in the future. Stenionis is a duracell bunny but too short. Rest is CL/Eurocup level player at max.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                Congrats to Lithuanians. They fought like Lions in the first half but the offensive potential is too low. I see a chance for Rubstavicius being a role player in the LTU NT in the future. Stenionis is a duracell bunny but too short. Rest is CL/Eurocup level player at max.
                Right...
                LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Grindy, bruisy game between Germans and Liths. In a way ugly game, we missed shots again, but I enjoyed how both teams, specially Liths, worked hard at D end. We just had to earn this hard sweaty win. Rubstavicius with massive offensive game, Marciulionis with titanic effort at D.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

The Germans really let the third quarter snitched away out of their hands. Lithuanian team wanted the win more and won. Defense of Marcilionis was top but he keeps bricking.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                      Defense of Marcilionis was top but he keeps bricking.
                      But he's not hopeless in terms of scoring upside. More like issues of confidence and polishing. Time will tell.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                        But he's not hopeless in terms of scoring upside. More like issues of confidence and polishing. Time will tell.

https://twitter.com/NextGenHoops/sta...00013454352384
                        I dont believe that his shot will come around. He doesnt have iron fingers like a Calathes etc. but he is close to that level.
                        Last edited by Toruko; 07-21-2022, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Luc van Slooten is the biggest disappointment of the tournament. I never saw him as an elite prospect as some German authorities have claimed, but this kind of low performance is surely unexpected. He is actually experienced in terms of loaded minutes in German League, also performed decently, but he seemed totally lost in every single game here.

German '02 generation is a very given one for them, Hukporti and Schoormann are still on table.
                          Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Since when Portugal is playing bball? France having some trouble.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                              Luc van Slooten is the biggest disappointment of the tournament. I never saw him as an elite prospect as some German authorities have claimed, but this kind of low performance is surely unexpected. He is actually experienced in terms of loaded minutes in German League, also performed decently, but he seemed totally lost in every single game here.

German '02 generation is a very given one for them, Hukporti and Schoormann are still on table.
                              I totally agree. He has to chance his attitude from being an (overhyped) talent to a more mature role-player. His skill set is not made to embody being a franchise player and handling the offense by himself. He provides potential as a spot up shooter who can attack the close-out very well and share the ball out of it as he provides some unexpected passing skills and that´s it from my point of view. I don´t see any other skill which can boost his game to an unexpected level. Neither ball-handling nor post-up-game. Schoorman played a very disappointing tournament himself, I miss some unique selling skill as well. Hukporti is our stand-out talent, otherwise the ´02 generation contains some future BBL players, but no other players with Euroleague potential.

Comment

I am not sad. The Israeli backcourt was too skilled and the two unnecessary fouls of Bona hurt a lot in the first half but the main point was that Bona had to play drop coverage because Levy not very skilled but tall couldnt be let unguarded and when the Turkish team doubled they made a kick out pass and eh we got too many shots from outside. We were about to came back and made then some crucial mistakes in the transition offense. Thats it. I have seen enough. The team did what it could. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information