No announcement yet.

Fiba u18 ec 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We started the game very anxious and nervous. Spain was not a team that couldnt be beaten but the difference in the first quarter was too much. Winning or losing is not very important but many of our guys were on that kind of stage for the first time. Defense is ok. We are a very good defensive team. The team lacks just one very good glue guy.

Comment

WOW, Turkey scored only 1 pt in the first quarter. I can hardly remember smth like this. And it's a host team.
      Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 07-31-2022, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
        WOW, Turkey scored only 1 pt in the first quarter. I can hardly remember smth like this. And it's a host team.
        Sometimes it happens to host team, when few proper shots don't fall, hurriedness blows up and wrong shots are made to find first field goal in front of fans rapidly. Actually, yesterday's game could go either way, but I don't care the result at all. Reaching the Top-5 is enough for me. I want this team to show up in U-19 WC next year.

Overall very bad tournament indeed. Too many stats inflation due to weak opponents. No stand-out prospect for NBA level except Almansa.
        Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
        Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Overall very bad tournament indeed. Too many stats inflation due to weak opponents. No stand-out prospect for NBA level except Almansa.
          Even Almansa is nothing special.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
            Even Almansa is nothing special.
            Despite some flashy dunks he made, his overall game is not flashy but effective. Combine good finishing and rebounding with high-level athleticism and you are a first-round draftee. His size is a bit question mark, but he compensates that with lateral quickness on defensive end.

But yeah, he is not a wonder-guy, not perfect. I still liked him a lot. Not raw, he understands the game.
            Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
            Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Murauskas cooking. 14pts in the first quarter.
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Samodurov got severely injured. Greece might end up in div B.

Comment

Jocys can shoot. He should be unleashed and get more touches. Good things happen when he gets the ball.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Finally some nice duels in QF.

France vs Slovenia
                    Turkey vs Lithuania
                    Serbia vs Israel
                    Italy vs Spain

Murauskas - Büyüktuncel and Yigitoglu - Krivas match-ups will be good references for players' actual potentials.
                    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

What an upset for French team. Slovenia is the first Semi-Finalist!

French team is packed with talent, but uncontrolled power is not power. They played way too wild.
                      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Wow, major upset!

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Semifinal is probably the most realistic outcome for this Serbian team. For something more than that we miss a few prospects.

We lack post players and willing passers, so it's basically a 40 minutes of ISO play from our guards, Ćurčić and Milijašević in particular.

Comment

Puh what a game! Emir Arda Sivas aka lionheard won the game when it was going away one three pointer and one layup and we were back on business.

The matchup between Krivas vs. Yigitoglu was won by Krivas. Yigitoglu has a long way to go but he is open for development. I am more impressed by Demirel tbh. very solid body and good shooter, the trajectory and speed of his shots are good, defense is very good, reminds me a bit of Ömer Asik.

We did a very good job on the defensive end. Especially Mestoglu locked the ass of Murauskaus up, not so often but also Büyüktuncel. Konan made some unnecessary fouls here and there. We found the shots but they didnt go in. Anyway we were too deep but Krivas and Murauskas are two hell of player. Liked them a lot and Krivas was more mobile than I expected.

Comment

Intense game! Büyüktuncel had a very good game. 14 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists and 5 steals. He can be more aggressive though. We need him to take more shots. He makes them. I am so content to see this team made WC 2023.

Murauskas is a baller. ISO monster. After Mestoğlu got into foul trouble, he started to dominate the game. Though, he lost his control at the end of the game. 7 turnovers by him is a very bad sign. Passing quality is low.

Yiğitoğlu is far from being a contributor on NT level potentially with his current presence. His PnR defense is very bad, lateral quickness and agility should be improved otherwise he will remain as ordinary player. He should take defensive rebounds with more authority. He can't dominate glasses even though he has every tools to be effective in that area.
                              Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

I didn't find Turkish team very talented, but so much pressure from them and crazy crowd were too much for our weak guards. Krivas and Murauskas don't deserve to miss WC next year, but are close to that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information