Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EuroLeague Round 20

Efes relies way too much on individual quality of 2 players. In this team there is a lot of potential in both directions but as they are worn through and both were guarded/played hard and a little dirty like yesterday they are in serious problems. Without any doubt they can beat all, it's absolutely no problem of the front court in my opinion. They rebounded well, played disciplined and boxed out. It's a problem of positioning and ball movement. Everything starts with a pick and a drive and after two years it's a little read through and worn out. They played hard yesterday, it's absolutely no motivational aspect.

Big props to Barca and Saras. Great team basketball - total outcoaching of Ataman. Barca is rotating constantly and moving a lot. For me serious contender to win it all (I said nothing revolutionary here, I know).

Rokas starts to impress big time. There are some little ups and downs but this will be a hell of a player with the mindset of a champion. Next big European star.

PS: Props to Efes assistant coach who insisted to go under screens against Rokas in all 4th quarter which brought results as Micic and Larkin because of their heavy usage couldn't barely walk, it's a conceptional risk which was recognized and worked well in Efes comeback attempt.

Jokubaitis seems to be a real deal. I don't see any serious weakness in his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    Jokubaitis seems to be a real deal. I don't see any serious weakness in his game.
    Defense but offense seems to look well rounded.

https://twitter.com/astroggylakis/st...212281867?s=21

This guy (Ataman) and his megalomania is really annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Efes relies way too much on individual quality of 2 players. In this team there is a lot of potential in both directions but as they are worn through and both were guarded/played hard and a little dirty like yesterday they are in serious problems. Without any doubt they can beat all, it's absolutely no problem of the front court in my opinion. They rebounded well, played disciplined and boxed out. It's a problem of positioning and ball movement. Everything starts with a pick and a drive and after two years it's a little read through and worn out. They played hard yesterday, it's absolutely no motivational aspect.

Big props to Barca and Saras. Great team basketball - total outcoaching of Ataman. Barca is rotating constantly and moving a lot. For me serious contender to win it all (I said nothing revolutionary here, I know).

Rokas starts to impress big time. There are some little ups and downs but this will be a hell of a player with the mindset of a champion. Next big European star.

PS: Props to Efes assistant coach who insisted to go under screens against Rokas in all 4th quarter which brought results as Micic and Larkin because of their heavy usage couldn't barely walk, it's a conceptional risk which was recognized and worked well in Efes comeback attempt.
    Totally agree with this. Efes was outrebounding and outhustling Barsa to some extent. They had enough of motivation. It's just that Barsa is well coached and Efes is rather purely coached.

Another thing about that warn out pattern...When knock out stage will come, all 4 key Efes guards will be sharper and playing within their limits and that may not be an issue at all. They still might be too much too handle if all 4 Efes key guards will play well.

As for Barsa, I think Saras did it again. All his off season signings are playing well. Rokas, Lapro, Sanli. They really improved Barsa. Without 2 key guards (2 of 3 best players) Barsa kept winning it all basically....
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Micic can't do it 2 Zalgiris' greats going at each other.

https://twitter.com/FCBbasket/status...56993023004685

Efes President el presidente Tuncay Özilhan is one of the wealthiest man on this planet. I think Efes will sign a big if there is a chance. One guy who can rebound and stay in front of at least forwards will be enough to be one of the favorites again.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Micic can't do it 2 Zalgiris' greats going at each other.

https://twitter.com/FCBbasket/status...56993023004685
    How he holds the ball by driving reminds of prime Sasa Djordjevic (just imagine a bold guy instead his locks lol).

Jokubaitis is natural talent, but also it`s true some other natural talents didn`t make success. He has great vision of basketball, creativity, reading situation, long step, left dribble, left hand, boldness what showed immeadiately his first season in Zalgiris in finish of some games. I think he is going to direction to be one of the best European players including those ones in Nba. Of course he has some lack, primarily athletic, he waves to much, swings, because he isn`t naturally quick, but he stands good with , on the court it`s not significant lack. It shows he isn`t immobile but he tries to find solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Efes President el presidente Tuncay Özilhan is one of the wealthiest man on this planet. I think Efes will sign a big if there is a chance. One guy who can rebound and stay in front of at least forwards will be enough to be one of the favorites again.
    Where did you get that info, source?

Quote Originally Posted by Worrax View Post
    Where did you get that info, source?
    Its not an information, just an assumption. I cant imagine that Efes throws away an entire season just of a lack.

Its not an information, just an assumption. I cant imagine that Efes throws away an entire season just of a lack.
    I also think it needed but after the move of Guven i doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Worrax View Post
    I also think it needed but after the move of Guven i doubt it.
    They know that Güven is a long term project. They will react when the chance is there

I think after the first half of Egemen Güven in the domestic league its clear that Petrusev wont find much minutes with Efes anymore. He also lost his spot in the Turkish league. I cant blame Ataman, he had more than enough chances.

I think after the first half of Egemen Güven in the domestic league its clear that Petrusev wont find much minutes with Efes anymore. He also lost his spot in the Turkish league. I cant blame Ataman, he had more than enough chances.
    Is Petrusev going to follow the tradition of rich Turkish clubs and become a practice player?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Is Petrusev going to follow the tradition of rich Turkish clubs and become a practice player?
    He should have stayed at Gonzaga. Could probably make about as much money with NLI money as he does with them.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

I love Motiejunas offense. He cant defend a shit but he is still a body in the paint. Efes should have signed him. I mean he cant defend worse than Petrusev and is the much more polished player. I should really be given a GM job in Euroleague. I would make a very decent job.

I love Motiejunas offense. He cant defend a shit but he is still a body in the paint. Efes should have signed him. I mean he cant defend worse than Petrusev and is the much more polished player. I should really be given a GM job in Euroleague. I would make a very decent job.
    If not back injury, he had been solid NBA starter for many years. Now he lost his athleticism and explosiveness, barely moves at D (like almost literally walking), but such things as size, talent, BB IQ still there. With current D-Mo you have to use him offensively. He should give you a lot at O cause he will hurt the team defensively. I wouldn't want to rely too much on such players. One day he can lift you a bit, other day he sinks you. Pre-injury D-Mo even defensively hustled as f...Could be tremendous player, but wasn't meant to be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12