Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 67

Thread: EuroLeague Round 17

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    193
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    CSKA needs a guard. They will make it to the POs but final four is not very likely without a guard addition. CSKA is after this Canadian of Zenit who is struggling a lot in the NBA.
    Having Shved, Hacket, Grigonis and Lundberg should be more than enough for a guard position.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,967
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    I wouldn't be too harsh on Marko. He was bad, he made that stupid turnover, but real problem is wanabe main creator Henry. 6 turnovers and just 3 assists, 35 minutes on the court

    There are hidden turnovers too, as consequence of bad passes that ara not visible in stats, guy demolished us tonight same as in many games before.
    I just watched Q4 - I don't have impressions for all game. But I also think that isolation on this play is logical and per se a normal play - who else should have isolated with De Colo out of reach? Draw a foul or shoot is logic. Besides all this Guduric turnover was really unnecessary and pure lack of concentration. It wasn't even good defense, he simply lost his balance and footing.

    Speaking about Henry, I know vivo likes him a lot, from what I've seen this year he is not up to the task of organzing a team like Fener. Djordjevic tries to avoid this knowing his inability to create with the circumstance to set picks and hand offs and attack from other positions or via classical low post iso but after yesterday's game I can repeat myself that Henry is maybe a player Djordjevic likes because he is a fighter and aggressive/annoying defender but in offense Fener is struggling because he simply cannot create an offensive advantage.

    Generally Fener is a team that plays basketball I extremely love. They are upgrade version of zvezda and can be really good in 2nd half of the season. Fener is only team under the line that maybe can reach PO with a run from all teams behind 8th place.

  3. #43
    Senior Member zubitos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    176
    Country: Greece

    Default

    The reason I consider Olympiacos to play the most beautiful basketball in Europe is because I am a fan of the team ....... or others see it also?????

  4. #44
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,811

    Default

    Repeated case from last season, De Colo and Vesely injured in the same game.

    It will be disaster for Fener or maybe chance for Djordjevic to correct Kokoskov's mistakes.

    He must find decent guard and center this time, so when De Colo and Vesely come back roster could be much better then this one with Kokoskov's boys.

  5. #45
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    I just watched Q4 - I don't have impressions for all game. But I also think that isolation on this play is logical and per se a normal play - who else should have isolated with De Colo out of reach? Draw a foul or shoot is logic. Besides all this Guduric turnover was really unnecessary and pure lack of concentration. It wasn't even good defense, he simply lost his balance and footing.

    Speaking about Henry, I know vivo likes him a lot, from what I've seen this year he is not up to the task of organzing a team like Fener. Djordjevic tries to avoid this knowing his inability to create with the circumstance to set picks and hand offs and attack from other positions or via classical low post iso but after yesterday's game I can repeat myself that Henry is maybe a player Djordjevic likes because he is a fighter and aggressive/annoying defender but in offense Fener is struggling because he simply cannot create an offensive advantage.

    Generally Fener is a team that plays basketball I extremely love. They are upgrade version of zvezda and can be really good in 2nd half of the season. Fener is only team under the line that maybe can reach PO with a run from all teams behind 8th place.
    I don't consider Henry as the worst player on the earth or bad at all. Just he shouldn't be 1st creator in any case. As 2nd option to boost with energy is ok for me. I hope Djordjevic will bring Jovic after De Colo's injury, then Henry could be usefull from the bench

    BTW Vivo started to behave like 99% Fener's fans here, he is present just in wins

  6. #46
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    6,802
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    I don't consider Henry as the worst player on the earth or bad at all. Just he shouldn't be 1st creator in any case. As 2nd option to boost with energy is ok for me. I hope Djordjevic will bring Jovic after De Colo's injury, then Henry could be usefull from the bench
    Jovic is constantly injured in last few years, not exactly player you can count on.

    Can you forget about Kokoskov, he's long gone now. And what exactly different could he brought? There's was no good Pgs in the market. How many better Pfs than Polonara were available? Fener has top5 roster. If team is underperforming, it's always 1 person first to be blamed.
    previously known as Beno

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,967
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Jovic is constantly injured in last few years, not exactly player you can count on.

    Can you forget about Kokoskov, he's long gone now. And what exactly different could he brought? There's was no good Pgs in the market. How many better Pfs than Polonara were available? Fener has top5 roster. If team is underperforming, it's always 1 person first to be blamed.
    Borderline, but yes. They are surely in Top8 according to player material.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    6,802
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Borderline, but yes. They are surely in Top8 according to player material.
    You can just compare roster of Fener and Zvezda and it's obvious than someone is underperforming a lot. Or if we take a look at Zenit roster, who has 4 wins more.

    Nando having long term injury won't probably help Fener to have much better second half. The only thing positive is that they're playing kids from Real's youth school next. Cska wasn't properly motivated yesterday, that won't happen to Fener.
    previously known as Beno

  9. #49
    Senior Member AmonRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    disgusting.. first, punch in stomach, then push in the back..
    https://twitter.com/FloKurth/status/1474086814793224201

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    388
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    The Puritanism is alive.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    The Puritanism is alive.
    As in it's Puritanism to not want to get hit by your manager at your job?
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    388
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Come on. We again should discuss about some things about we many times discussed. Of course, nobody doesn`t support physical violence, but neither it wasn`t happen. Pulling for body, harder contacts, wasn`t like he punched him or slap him, it`s pushing and stroke of low intensity. Many coaches did something similar, that doesn`t mean they are bullies, sadists or something similar.

    In my opinion, Trinchieri is too soft for relationships with players, and even them was happened . It`s life. Job of coaches is very stressful, sometimes they cannot control themselves.

    Reason of why I think this is because if Trinchieri or somebody else misuse their own position because he likes to feel powerful and superior in relationship with players, he wouldn`t do that on game, he would do on training. Trinchieri`s reputation is worsened a little bit after that.

    On the other hand something completely different is if something similar would happened in team of some youth generation u14 for example, that could be very painful psychologically for kids. Professional players accept on cooperation with coach and extremely commitment and if do something wrong, their coach needs to react, in some cases overreact. Job of players and coaches demands almost whole commitment, consequently there will be hard things. I agree thins incident it`s problematic, but that is nature of this job, I would like to sport could be beyond other spheres of life but isn`t.

  13. #53
    Senior Member LuDux's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    As in it's Puritanism to not want to get hit by your manager at your job?
    Only hitting? When I read "puritanism" I thought they were wrestling in oil

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    985
    Country: Cyprus

    Default

    It happens, Bayern's season isn't that good and evidently Trincheri is a bit nervous. There's no scandal, the important thing is to clarify everything successively.

  15. #55
    Senior Member CoachZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,719
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    Come on. We again should discuss about some things about we many times discussed. Of course, nobody doesn`t support physical violence, but neither it wasn`t happen. Pulling for body, harder contacts, wasn`t like he punched him or slap him, it`s pushing and stroke of low intensity. Many coaches did something similar, that doesn`t mean they are bullies, sadists or something similar.

    In my opinion, Trinchieri is too soft for relationships with players, and even them was happened . It`s life. Job of coaches is very stressful, sometimes they cannot control themselves.

    Reason of why I think this is because if Trinchieri or somebody else misuse their own position because he likes to feel powerful and superior in relationship with players, he wouldn`t do that on game, he would do on training. Trinchieri`s reputation is worsened a little bit after that.

    On the other hand something completely different is if something similar would happened in team of some youth generation u14 for example, that could be very painful psychologically for kids. Professional players accept on cooperation with coach and extremely commitment and if do something wrong, their coach needs to react, in some cases overreact. Job of players and coaches demands almost whole commitment, consequently there will be hard things. I agree thins incident it`s problematic, but that is nature of this job, I would like to sport could be beyond other spheres of life but isn`t.
    What a bunch of crap.

    Let's put it this way. If a player did this to a coach, he would be immediately suspended, if not cut by a team.

    There is no room for discussion here. Laying hands on a player, you should get a large suspension. If it happens again, gone from the sport forever...

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,967
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    I don't know if someone should be suspended or not and I understand emotions but I feel external shame when I watch such scenes. Not to mention that it was done to a player that has no heavy burden in this team. Reminds me at Jure Zdovc with AEK or Sasa Obradovic in ALBA who had similar psychopathic actions. Same goes for Zeljko Obradovic's primitivism and "Fuck you Gigi Datome" quote. It's same category of neandertalism.

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    388
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    What a bunch of crap.

    Let's put it this way. If a player did this to a coach, he would be immediately suspended, if not cut by a team.

    There is no room for discussion here. Laying hands on a player, you should get a large suspension. If it happens again, gone from the sport forever...
    Hierarchically, coach and players aren`t on same level, also like president and coach. Personally, my orientation is something between democratic socialist and anarchist, I don`t support hierarchy, but I don`t see consistent resistance against hierarchy in case of most people. So, if you are defender of rights some guy who has bigger salary than most of people, who is adult and who accept to be in club where coach sometimes will react exaggerate, I think you missed subject.

    There isn`t law who can suspend someone from the sport because due some kind of physical attack. Everything others is your list of wishes, what I will not comment.

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    388
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    I don't know if someone should be suspended or not and I understand emotions but I feel external shame when I watch such scenes. Not to mention that it was done to a player that has no heavy burden in this team. Reminds me at Jure Zdovc with AEK or Sasa Obradovic in ALBA who had similar psychopathic actions. Same goes for Zeljko Obradovic's primitivism and "Fuck you Gigi Datome" quote. It's same category of neandertalism.
    You cannot categorize like neandertalism swearwords. In many families there are similar cases, how wouldn`t be in team where is stake big. Ivkovic has spoke about relationships with players, how is difficult to players do good job in benign atmosphere of division of job. Some players need to be provoked, to someone cry out to them, to be criticized. Professional isn`t high culture of beauty manners and restoring puritanist manners. Of course, there are some embarrassing because it`s logically in regard to tension, stake and intensity of job.

  19. #59
    Senior Member CoachZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,719
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    Hierarchically, coach and players aren`t on same level, also like president and coach. Personally, my orientation is something between democratic socialist and anarchist, I don`t support hierarchy, but I don`t see consistent resistance against hierarchy in case of most people. So, if you are defender of rights some guy who has bigger salary than most of people, who is adult and who accept to be in club where coach sometimes will react exaggerate, I think you missed subject.

    There isn`t law who can suspend someone from the sport because due some kind of physical attack. Everything others is your list of wishes, what I will not comment.
    Again a bunch of quasi-philosophical mumbo-jumbo. The bottom line is PHYSICAL VIOLENCE! Someone is using violence and force as what, management and coaching tool? Again, I do not expect less from someone who for years supported the famous choking school of coaching.

    It has nothing to do with hierarchy, positions that two people hold, etc., politics they support. It's about either being a decent human, or a fucking asshole. How much someone is being paid has nothing to do with that either. Not even going to talk about being illegal. Tell me, do you think that if the player complained and filed a formal appeal with both the club and authorities, that the coach would not be penalized? Of course, he would be. The problem is that players often keep quiet do to the fear of being blacklisted as "difficult to coach", etc. Other players rarely support them too, due to the fear of the coach targeting them, etc.

    A person who is in the position of authority, in this case, a coach, actually has bigger responsibility to behave, respect his players, treat them accordingly, be a fucking leader. It is actually very easy to make your point if you are unhappy with a player. He is playing badly? Bench him. He is not listening to your coaching? Kick him out of rotation. He is being a total asshole and detrimental to the team? Cut him. At no point, you should lay your hands on a player unless you are being physically assaulted by one and you are defending yourself. PERIOD!

    Everything else is just bullshit and justification of violence.

  20. #60
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post


    There's was no good Pgs in the market.
    Jovic, Walkup,Wolters,, Laprovittola... Even Pangos why not? He was FA and with some indecent proposal, NBA would be 2nd option. Jovic even with one (injured)leg is better then Henry

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •