Euroleague Regular Season, Round:15/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by janketa View Post
    One note about Fener. We won but again and again I repeat this is the worst roster we ever had, except De Colo, Vesely and Guduric.

I totally agree with you.

Comment

There was one for a poster. Baldwin vs Polanara.
      Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
      2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
      Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

Tuned in to the Fener game during the third quarter and saw Vesely bringing the ball up the floor. Fener are back.

Comment

Fener is dope at the moment. Team basketball. All for one. With this crowd dark horse for me. Enjoy watching them.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
            Fener is dope at the moment. Team basketball. All for one. With this crowd dark horse for me. Enjoy watching them.
            It certainly helps that Vesely is playing out of his mind and De Colo is great as well, but I think Djordjevic has finally noticed in the last couple of weeks that this team and the players are much more suited to push the tempo. We cannot afford to be slow and play leisurely half court offense. I like to see the team running after forcing turnovers. Let's hope it continues

P.S. Henry in the last couple of weeks should be satisfactory for janketa
            Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
            Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
            Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
            Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
              It certainly helps that Vesely is playing out of his mind, but I think Djordjevic has finally noticed in the last couple of weeks that this team and the players are much more suited to push the tempo. We cannot afford to be slow and play leisurely half court offense. I like to see the team running after forcing turnovers. Let's hope it continues

P.S. Henry in the last couple of weeks should be satisfactory for janketa
              To me the most impressive thing is discipline in defense. Everyone, but everyone is constantly behind the ball when opponents take rebound / start offense. It's very difficult to beat such a team on 40min set play. I don't think Djordjevic is good coach but he set up a system that can be very difficult to beat and reminds on Olympiakos in good old times.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                To me the most impressive thing is discipline in defense. Everyone, but everyone is constantly behind the ball when opponents take rebound / start offense. It's very difficult to beat such a team on 40min set play. I don't think Djordjevic is good coach but he set up a system that can be very difficult to beat and reminds on Olympiakos in good old times.
                Yeah, credit where it's due, Djordjevic at least mentally convinced everyone to give 100% on defense.
                Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

So good Fenerbahces defense is Efes defense is so bad.

The bigs cant guard a shit. Pleiß is the best defending center right now. Imagine the level

Comment

What a defense on both ends. My eyes are bleeding. Micics ups and downs. How can a MVP play one day like a goat and then so shitty. At least Larkin is on goat mode now.

Comment

Excellent basketball by Oly, much respect. Larkin/Micic/Beaubois is unstoppable, but they miss Sertac this year, and legs are slower, their defense is too lame.
                      I dont think Fener roster is that bad, a tuff rim guard seems essential, but Booker is really trying to do his best on d, if he attacks the rim like this, it'll be easier to defend the rim.
                      Djordjevic is a shit coach, it's Jan and Nando running things now, but it wont be enough for elite teams, we desperately need a real coach to beat them.

Comment

It’s the first time I have watched Baskonia this year, just unbelievable how bad they are. Where did they found this Peters guy? Small, cannot shoot, cannot defend and TO machine. Is this some kind of a joke? And what happened to Baldwin? There are some bad teams in EuroLeague this year, but Baskonia looks the worst for me.
                        previously known as Beno

Comment

All the GMs and even Presidents are talking about the crash of the Turkish currency and the intentionally shortening of the purchasing power of the Turkish economy. To stay in Basketball terms. Under these circumstances there is no chance to keep the current budgets for Fener and even Efes. Both teams will devastatingly change next season to the bad. I expect for both a roster budget of 10 - 12 million Euros at max.

FB will try to the cornerstone of the club Vesely and Guduric will stay too (he is not very expensive). There will be no De Colo though and some other role player wont be substitute with foreign players like Barthel for example.

On Efes side they will naturally try to keep Larkin and I dont see any chance to keep Micic with his current ups and downs. The team is on the verge of being exchanged anyway. We will watch a very active transfer period next season. I exect 3 good foreigners in each roster at and the rest will be most likely filled with young but talented Turkish player.

People who know me a bit know that I am very happy about this outcome, not generally but for the Turkish Basketball. The Turks spend money if they have it. There is no long term thinking of youth development, sustainability or working for the NT. Its just sad that there is a change when its inevitable.

Now teams with a good youth system will survive like Tofas and others will have a big problem (serves them right)

The market of Turkish players for the backcourt delivers enough. I think the frontcourt will be mostly filled by foreigners. Interesting times!

Comment

This is known story at least five years old, i don't remember who wrote this, but this is copy paste.

Efes and Fener will have budgets around 20 milions and Turkish currency won't have big impact on that, especially in Efes case because they are marketing team.

If Efes could keep Larkin rest of the roster could be my friends from the street and still they will be title contender. if they managed to survive Moerman and co, I am sure that any roster could be enough to support the best EL player in last 4 years

Comment

the arabic occupation government will not exist next year. Fener and efes will do just fine.

Comment

One of best games this season of us and generally a good game of both sides.

Happy that we took that one after so many close losses. Overall 7-9 is okay for us so far but I think 8-8 would be more fair, it is like it is. Warrior's code. Easy to love this year's zvezda generation.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information