Euroleague Regular Season, Round:13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
    Well, not a bad game but the major problem of Efes is that no big can stop drives from the forward positions. Efes needs a big who can defend and grab rebounds and the title is available. Dunston fell down four times and allowed 4 easy points. It was a great game but only a rs game. The real game will be in final four. This was a very bad shooting game of Efes but it should have brought back the spirit.
    Efes shot exactly their season average percentage both for two and three (56 and 36% respectively).
    No very bad shooting night, exactly their reality, on point.

Not to add that their two so called "stars" shot even better than on average.

Comment

But this was EL classics! Crazy game. That's the probably the best one. Other was between CSKA and Barsa. The way I see it, Barsa, Efes, CSKA and Real are best teams in EL this season.

This one though: https://twitter.com/imLuckyD/status/...umfas%2F315804
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
        Efes shot exactly their season average percentage both for two and three (56 and 36% respectively).
        No very bad shooting night, exactly their reality, on point.

Not to add that their two so called "stars" shot even better than on average.
        Then the season average must be better.

Comment

Then the season average must be better.
          Maybe it must, but it also at least should if not must be noted that in their championship season their stats were 56/40% so, I suppose, it's not that much better possible.

Comment

Nailed it:

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Maybe it must, but it also at least should if not must be noted that in their championship season their stats were 56/40% so, I suppose, it's not that much better possible.
              A big besides that is of course crucial. You cant win a championship with "fall down" Dunston and Pleiss. The inside outside balance is not given but Efes can decide much better than this. It was a crucial mistake to think that Petrusev could replace Sanli. The big rotation was bad last season as well and its much worse this season lmao.

Comment

Would Efes contribute as Barsa tonight without Larkin and Micic? Probably not. Barsa's depth is underrated. They also missing Abriness.

IDK. Saras was complaining about how refs do not allow to play D. If refs will allow roughness in the final 4, Barsa might be in a good place. Tonight they shot threes 46% which is better than usual though.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                  Any backstory or just random troll in muslim field?

Comment

Would Efes contribute as Barsa tonight without Larkin and Micic? Probably not. Barsa's depth is underrated. They also missing Abriness.

IDK. Saras was complaining about how refs do not allow to play D. If refs will allow roughness in the final 4, Barsa might be in a good place. Tonight they shot threes 46% which is better than usual though.
                    Barca is a more limited team but more balanced than Efes. Efes has a redundantly deep 2-3 rotation but no big who could stand against a guy like davis in the post or stay in front of drives from the forward positions. Efes neglected to make the open shots and lost the momentum during the time Dunston was on the floor in the second half. Not because the great defense of Barca but inefficiency.

Comment

In my opinion Ataman's reaction was lack of reality. Refs favoured Efes all game. Only bad decision was Larkin's 5th foul but it was compensation for tragedy call against Mirota.

His reaction after foul of Pleiss and offensive foul of Beaubois...both clear as a whistle.

Barca is the better TEAM. And I don't think that it will happen to Saras again that Micic can score them 26 points. On other hand he got some classical protection calls and unjustified free throws (same like Larkin's 2+1 by the way).

Efes lives and dies by the gun. The good thing for them is that they at least depend on theirselves not moving away an inch of their playing style with 150 central picks and noone trying to get an offensive rebound if it's not dropping into the half-field. This has to be acknowledged. Nothing has changed from last year but that Micic and Larkin seem less dominant.

55-45% Barca in my opinion in F4 or play off series.

Comment

Mirotics foul was 100% clear.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreekmeister View Post
                          Any backstory or just random troll in muslim field?
                          Just particular mood after such game, IMO No offense to anyone was intended I think.

Barca is a more limited team but more balanced than Efes. Efes has a redundantly deep 2-3 rotation but no big who could stand against a guy like davis in the post or stay in front of drives from the forward positions. Efes neglected to make the open shots and lost the momentum during the time Dunston was on the floor in the second half. Not because the great defense of Barca but inefficiency.
                          That limitation really reduced this season. Lapro and even Jokubaitis broadens Barsa's backcourt rotation. I mean they took down complete Efes without 2 best guards. But, yeah, give Efes really good forward center and I would still treat them as the favorite to win it all. But if not, it's pretty open. Efes may go down with current roster.

No, it wasn't.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I'm closer to Straight Forward's opinion that it wasn't a foul at all. What was the foul exactly? A push?

Comment

I'm closer to Straight Forward's opinion that it wasn't a foul at all. What was the foul exactly? A push?
                              Yes, he pushed Moerman from behind.

Comment

Yes, he pushed Moerman from behind.
                                I would need to rewatch it now.
                                I will give my opinion after that again. I am really sure btw, but if anyone has this scene it would good to post it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information