No announcement yet.

2023 World Cup Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot we have Latvia in June, but nevertheless it's unrealistic to see Bogdan and Jokic in that window, especially if they get past first round of NBA playoffs. But it would be great to see them if they will feel physically well enough to play. I wouldn't like to bring them for that competitive game if they are mentally checked out and already on vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
      I forgot we have Latvia in June, but nevertheless it's unrealistic to see Bogdan and Jokic in that window, especially if they get past first round of NBA playoffs. But it would be great to see them if they will feel physically well enough to play. I wouldn't like to bring them for that competitive game if they are mentally checked out and already on vacation.
      I agree about last sentence. Bogdan would be heavy upgrade nevertheless.

Comment

Andjusic will be a good weapon in upcoming windows, as he has been so far. Shooting 43% for three this season, shooters like him are very welcome. Not sure about his chances for EuroBasket if we get everyone there, but he is emerging as one of premier options in case of some notable absences at guard position.

There is a possibility that Pokusevski will play this summer. That's what he said after talk with Pesic, just don't know if that's upcoming windows or maybe even EuroBasket. Still doubt that, but would love to see him on FIBA court, I think his shooting, rim protection from the weak side would be even more on display in FIBA game with that kind of size.

Comment

What a game vs Greece and what a crowd. Such a high pressure game and incredibly important win from many angles.

It wasn't a perfect game for Serbia, and no one was really expecting that at this moment, but you can tell we are on the way to become a good team. With each game like this, it's making all players closer and the most important thing for making that cohesion is that all players feel like they are important parts of the team. Not only Jokić and Micić, but to have players like Jaramaz and Marinković step up and say to themselves something like 'hey, I'm important for this team too, it's not just Jokić and Micić'. That's exactly what happened with Jaramaz stepping up big time and playing a huge game on both ends of the court. To be clear, he can't replace Micić in the role we need Micić, but to have him off the bench and bring that energy and defense, while being able to use the space to slash and shoot couple of open shots, he is good enough for that role and will mean a lot to us (if everything will be OK with Micić). He can take a lot of confidence from this game, and also his ability to shoot off the dribble is nice to have, people will pay more attention, closing out on him more aggressively which will give him chance to drive and pass. Marinković with a big first half..that's what we need besides Jokić and Micić, to have a couple of players between Gudurić, Jaramaz, Marinković, Dobrić and Nedović (will probably recover form injury in time) stepping up each game. It's also clear that we need to cut on those sloppy turnovers out of nowhere, get better on transition defense. One of the problems, especially after Micić went out, was that our guards couldn't make an entry pass in the post to Jokić and were slow with their reaction in these situations. It's better with Micić, but work needs to be done here. Also, they have to make faster decisions when Jokić passes the ball out of the post, it's like they are confused when they have a good looking shot but not sure if they should take it, pass it or make a move. Everything is better than just stopping the play if we want to use Jokić's gravity.

You could tell how much this game meant to Jokić. I have never seen him missing 4 straight free throws, I'm sure that's the consequence of huge expectations from himself and the crowd which really showed a lot of respect to him. I think he has another 20% left in his game and that is mainly about improving communication with teammates and getting to know where he likes the ball and what other players should do when he gets the ball.

Pešić seems to have no plans of trying out Jokić and Milutinov, which I think is a mistake. I'm pretty sure they can work together. By the way, Milutinov has benn fantastic. Jokić ''only'' played 30 minutes because we have a luxury to bring Milutinov off the bench and give Jokić an extended rest, compared to Giannis who had to play 40 minutes.

Milutinov was +10 in this game and the thing about him is that he doesn't really have post move or fancy footwork, but he will totally dominate smaller players and most of those centers coming off the bench. Jaramaz was +19 in such tight game. Really great game for him.

Comment

Gotta give credit to Pešić and the whole team. The energy against Turkey was something we were missing the last couple of years. We were 1-3 at one moment with slim chances to qualify, but reaction afterwards has been great. We had to beat fully stacked teams such as Greece and Turkey and both of those games were do or die for us. Then, another tough game against Turkey. Energy, mentality and toughness in those games were really at full display. The bitter taste after Eurobasket is definitely easier to handle after wins in basically knockout games in 2 last windows.

38 players have played for Serbia in these qualification windows...Absurd number, no way we can have any kind of consistency if it continues in this organizational form.

I have to mention Ristić, kudos to him, kept us afloat with his shooting in difficult moments. Phenomenal last defensive possession from Lučić on Wilbekin and help defense from Radanov. I like Radanov defensively very much, he shut down Wilbekin in the first half, then got into foul trouble but came back strong for the last two minutes. If he could shoot just a little bit, he would be a top 3&D player with high IQ.

Gudurić finally showed what he can do in NT. He played the same way he plays at Fenerbahce under Itoudis. I think he is mentally ready to take the next step and be consistently good while doing a bit of everything. I think his role in NT would be the leader of second unit, having freedom to handle the ball and make decisions. He's been excellent this season.
            Last edited by Serbian_Layup; 11-16-2022, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Exciting Updates on the 2023 World Cup Qualifiers!

Introduction

Get ready for an action-packed basketball extravaganza as the 2023 World Cup Qualifiers approach! Basketball fans around the world are eagerly anticipating this highly anticipated event, where teams from different countries will battle it out on the court for a chance to qualify for the prestigious tournament. In this article, we will share some exciting updates about the upcoming World Cup Qualifiers that are sure to pique your interest.

Teams and Players to Watch

The 2023 World Cup Qualifiers will feature a stellar lineup of teams from various countries, showcasing the best basketball talent from around the globe. Keep an eye on powerhouse teams such as the USA, Spain, Australia, and Argentina, known for their deep rosters of skilled players. Expect thrilling performances from star players like LeBron James, Kevin Durant, and Luka Dončić, who will be vying for a spot in the World Cup.

Qualifying Rounds

The road to the 2023 World Cup will be intense, with teams battling it out in the qualifying rounds to secure their spot in the main tournament. Exciting matches and fierce competition await as teams compete in regional qualifiers, showcasing their skills and determination to represent their country on the world stage. Fans can expect nail-biting games and thrilling moments as teams fight for their chance to qualify.

Venue and Schedule

The 2023 World Cup Qualifiers will be held in various cities around the world, adding to the excitement of the event. From buzzing arenas in the United States to iconic venues in Europe and Asia, the tournament promises to provide a truly global spectacle for basketball fans. The schedule for the qualifiers will be released soon, so mark your calendars and get ready to witness some top-notch basketball action!

Sweepstakes Business

As the World Cup Qualifiers draw near, fans can also look forward to exciting sweepstakes business opportunities. From online contests to promotional giveaways, basketball enthusiasts can participate in various sweepstakes to win exclusive merchandise, tickets to matches, and other exciting prizes. Stay updated with the official World Cup website and social media channels for information on sweepstakes and contests.

Conclusion

With the 2023 World Cup Qualifiers just around the corner, basketball fans are eagerly anticipating the intense competition, electrifying performances, and unforgettable moments that the tournament will bring. From star players to thrilling matches, this event promises to be a highlight for basketball enthusiasts worldwide. So gear up, get ready, and mark your calendars for the upcoming 2023 World Cup Qualifiers - it's going to be a basketball extravaganza like no other!

In conclusion, the 2023 World Cup Qualifiers are set to be an exciting event for basketball fans around the world. With top teams, star players, thrilling matches, and exciting sweepstakes business opportunities, there will be plenty to look forward to. Stay updated with the latest news and updates on the official World Cup website and social media channels, and get ready to witness some unforgettable basketball action on the road to the 2023 World Cup!
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information