Future Coaches of Philippine Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Coaches of Philippine Basketball

Given the volatile nature of our basketball politics, we can't expect Tab to always call the shots. He's also already in his 60s and needs to pass down his "technology" to younger coaches.

Majority of us like what we see from his system so which local coaches right now can succeed on his philosophy?
    GILAS WISHLIST:
    6'8 Pingris

Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Given the volatile nature of our basketball politics, we can't expect Tab to always call the shots. He's also already in his 60s and needs to pass down his "technology" to younger coaches.

Majority of us like what we see from his system so which local coaches right now can succeed on his philosophy?
    Among the younger coaches, Gavina, Victolero, Ayo and Topex. Franz is a Ron Jacob's disciple while Charles Tiu is Rajko's.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

Comment

Originally posted by ja.he View Post
      Among the younger coaches, Gavina, Victolero, Ayo and Topex. Franz is a Ron Jacob's disciple while Charles Tiu is Rajko's.
      I personally think that Gavina, Victolero, Ayo, Topex, and Tiu might make it big internationally.

I dunno about Franz, though. All I know about him is that he uses a press. Is he a good halfcourt coach on either end? Offensively, his Adamson teams sucked.

Comment

Oh. Future Coaches Thread.

I am not so familiar on the path of becoming a head coach. But as far as I know, it is one of the hardest because of limited spots/slots. ( I am talking about organized pro or amateur Basketball, not street ball)

If I am not mistaken in pba or any other pro leagues, mostly u need to start as an assistant coach. And it will be tough applying for an assistant coach.

Personally, I really like younger coaches because they are more adapted and familiar to the Modern Principles. The downside is, generally younger coaches tends to be weaker in managing the players' ego.

Coaching is one of the hardest job to do. We at ibn, may know a lot of system and styles and tactics already. But if we are given the opportunity to be a coach. I bet most of us will struggle.

Having said all of that, I like our new coaches to have modern but unique styles. Not just copying each other, or copying the trend as is.

Comment

Originally posted by IPC View Post
          I personally think that Gavina, Victolero, Ayo, Topex, and Tiu might make it big internationally.

I dunno about Franz, though. All I know about him is that he uses a press. Is he a good halfcourt coach on either end? Offensively, his Adamson teams sucked.
          I will say Franz is average. Judging by his Air 21 Team in Pba.
          I am not really so high on him.

Charles tiu looks like the most knowledgeable in modern style of game. Evident with his Mighty Sports Campaign. But I think he lacks confidence. You know, I have a feeling that he still feels lesser than other coaches.

Topex Robinson is a good Coach. Very approacable and hands on, also willing to welcome new ideas. But his x and o is a question mark. As he literally admitted that his assistant coaches makes the x and 0 of their game.

Gavina, hmm. Looks like he is showing some promise with ros. Needs to see more.

Victolero was able to gave a Magnolia a championship back then. And lead them again to runner up last season.
          I always know he is a good coach, his time with kia hinders that.

Ayo, what can I say more. Coach tab literally said he is a blessing to philippine basketball.

Comment

Ok..coach tab is showing coaching dominance in uaap again. Yes, he is like 3 tiers ahead of other uaap coaches.

Coach Tab is not a perfect coach. You can nitpick instances in Gilas VS Serbia/Domrep and even in King Abdullah Cup, that he have his flaws too. (I think one is managing/adjusting mismatch: For ex: Dom Rep guards bullying our guards)

But what I like about coach tab is how he implement and sell his complicated and very organized system. For ex, Dave is known as a ballhog player, but I think he is less ballhog now than his Nu days.

And yes, Coach Tab so far in Gilas program have the BEST DEFENSE Internationally.

Comment

the Ateneo boys of Tab should become coaches.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by live_evil View Post
                the Ateneo boys of Tab should become coaches.
                Hope they do someday, and adopt his style of player development when he was in Gilas, i.e. Dwight, Suerte and Dave as combo guards, Balti and Tamayo as combo forwards, Navarro and Oftana as wings, etc. Adopt a similar style.

Defense as well.

I see guys like Belangel, the Nieto twins, and Go being coaches.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information