Clear All

• EuroLeague Rising Star 2021/2022

Rokas Jokubaitis 14,3min, 5.8PIR
    Filip Petrusev 12,2min,7,9PIR
    Carlos Alocen 11,3min, 4,3PIR
    Marek Blazevic 11,2min, 4,6PIR
    Matthew Stratzel 14min, 2.9PIR
    Vukcevic 7,2min, 3.3PIR

If I'm not missing some-one it seems to be between Jokubaitis and Petrusev thus far in the season. Petrusev is very gifted (even though yet inconsistent) offensively, but as far as I've seen he's really raw defensively and overall just getting used to EL's physicality. Jokubaitis, IMO, is the most ready young EL player today. Not only he already is most experienced from this kind, he seem to be most balanced as well as he already is decent player at both ends of the floor (added defence). I expected Alocen to be legitimately in the race and he would if his role would be more consistent, but Real is really deep and he only played in 3 games thus far. The same could be said about about Vukcevic, he could play more. Now Victor is not ready for EL yet, Srtatzel also didn't do too much. Biberovic could play more, but attempts in few games were horrible, missed everything. Blazevic utilized his chances nicely, showing some fundamentals, he is not contender as he's playing for Zalgiris, but no-one can take away from him his good moments.

Now I'm pretty certain that it's going to be between Jokubaitis and Petrusev, but I treat the former as superior and more ripen player at the given moment. His spot on decision making and defence not always reflects in PIR.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

I don't know for this trophy and to be honest it doesn't really bother me but I expect huge step up of Vukcevic, it's a joy to watch this child playing. Boy is improving constantly and has a great coach and system around him. This will be a very good player that has been totally misjudged in youth categories by everyone. I also didn't expect him to move that fluid, light footed and being able to cover guards after switching like he does. Clear national team potential in upcoming year and potentially Top 5 player in Europe in his position.

Comment

Not to create another thread for this, here's top 16 under 25yo players in EL (assuming in 2022 Jan 1 they are 24yo or younger):

(via efficiency so far)

1. Elie Okobo
      2. Hall Donta
      3. Oscar Da Silva
      4. George Papagiannis
      5. Josh Nebo
      6. Ante Zizic (tuns 25 Jan 4)
      7. Tadas Sedekerskis
      8. Lious Olinde.
      9. Filip Petrusev.
      10. Kostas Antetokounmpo.
      11. Diallo Alpha.
      12. Tamir Blatt.
      13. Rokas Jokubaitis
      14. Yovel Zoosman
      15. Marek Blazevic
      16. Sehmus Hazer.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
        I don't know for this trophy and to be honest it doesn't really bother me but I expect huge step up of Vukcevic, it's a joy to watch this child playing. Boy is improving constantly and has a great coach and system around him. This will be a very good player that has been totally misjudged in youth categories by everyone. I also didn't expect him to move that fluid, light footed and being able to cover guards after switching like he does. Clear national team potential in upcoming year and potentially Top 5 player in Europe in his position.
        Agreed. A prospect with really high upside. The question is will he get enough of playing time this season. But since he's developing, that's the most important thing at this point.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

BTW, Yabusele didn't make the list as he's already 25yo, but he's surely one of the greatest younger players in EL this season. So we have couple of great French players (both could be in senior NT already), couple of great young Serbians, Lithuanians, couple of Greeks, Israeli.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Yabusele is just 25?! Oh boy lol. Looks like 32. Frightingly good season so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
              Yabusele is just 25?! Oh boy lol. Looks like 32. Frightingly good season so far.
              Thing is that France produces tons of prospects who get drafted. Then they silently don't make it in the NBA and suddenly come to EL from "no-where" and play well. Just as Okobo did this year. Next turn could be for guys like Frank Ntilikina, Sekou Doumbouya (both busting lottery picks). Or, later, Hayes, Maledon, both having quite slow start.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                Thing is that France produces tons of prospects who get drafted. Then they silently don't make it in the NBA and suddenly come to EL from "no-where" and play well. Just as Okobo did this year. Next turn could be for guys like Frank Ntilikina, Sekou Doumbouya (both busting lottery picks). Or, later, Hayes, Maledon, both having quite slow start.
                It looks that Ntilikina has found pretty solid place for him.
                previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                  It looks that Ntilikina has found pretty solid place for him.
                  Surely good defender. Snatched tiny role, good for him. But he was drafted No.8 so expectations were different for him.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Sorkin can be in that list with 7.4 mins, PIR 3.4... Needs to play more and be more stable.
                    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
                      Sorkin can be in that list with 7.4 mins, PIR 3.4... Needs to play more and be more stable.
                      25 already...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                        25 already...
                        Yep, sorry, still rising, though
                        Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

The rising star of EL is Jokubaitis. No-one is even close today, IMO. He had to receive this award already last season, but this one it's not even close.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I think Jokubaitis is most talented and should make best career from this list. But,his role in Barcelona for now is backup player who sometimes could be joker. For that is question does it deserves this trophy. Last year in Zalgiris he made better impression and contribution. It`s understandable why is that.

Personally, I think Okobo is most deserved this award, for their contribution and influence in play of Asvel, so smart, good defense, physical abilities, decisiveness in difficult situation makes him extraordinary player.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemanja95 View Post
                              I think Jokubaitis is most talented and should make best career from this list. But,his role in Barcelona for now is backup player who sometimes could be joker. For that is question does it deserves this trophy. Last year in Zalgiris he made better impression and contribution. It`s understandable why is that.

Personally, I think Okobo is most deserved this award, for their contribution and influence in play of Asvel, so smart, good defense, physical abilities, decisiveness in difficult situation makes him extraordinary player.
                              Sometimes could be joker? You mean that guy from Batman movie? That would make more sense if you mean that exactly cause your whole Jokubaitis take doesn't make any sense He is completely different player (better) than last year in Zalgiris. His improvement has been tremendous.

Okobo is the best rookie of EL. He's 24yo. He doesn't qualify for under 22 rising star competition.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information