Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about Ibaka and Reyes? Will they play today?
    LIETUVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7iGqEDXHNc

Comment

• Originally posted by Milos.Djuric View Post
      Well technically not quite correct, SFRJ Yugoslavia had 3 golds, and FRY had 2 golds, Serbia is the successor of FRY, while it is a shared succession of SFRJ so Serbia does not have full rights to those medals. Serbia should be fifth with 2 golds, while Yugoslavia should share second place with Soviet Union.
      Yugoslavia is Yugoslavia, SFR or FR it is the same.

5 gold medals 1970, 1978, 1990, 1998 and 2002

picture from 2002, it says Yugoslavia on their jerseys.

2002.JPG

and Serbia needs to be successor of all 5
      4th in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction game!

Comment

• Sure, just like some people consider it needs to be succesor for all sports all the way from shooting to horse riding all the way since 1945 on sorry, but that's ridiciolus.
        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
          Sure, just like some people consider it needs to be succesor for all sports all the way from shooting to horse riding all the way since 1945 on sorry, but that's ridiciolus.
          JPF,

Sorry but your country and my country didn't want to be part of Yugoslavia

Comment

Sure, just like some people consider it needs to be succesor for all sports all the way from shooting to horse riding all the way since 1945 on sorry, but that's ridiciolus.
            Your players didnt want to wear jersey Yugoslavia but Slovenia and our players were wearing it till we were left alone...its like if Kosovo get international independence and they come and tell us these 2 medals are not your it is ours...
            Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Martin View Post
              JPF,

Sorry but your country and my country didn't want to be part of Yugoslavia
              Yeah, but that still doesn't mean all of achievements of various peoples, nations etc. gets left behind to the one nation that just kept the name for few more years. The difference between division and a break-up as well as keeping the name is barely there for the legal issues. And yeah legaly speaking Serbian Ice hockey federation than might be able to put an elite division under their history, but that still doesn't mean it wouldn't be funny as hell.
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Yeah, but that still doesn't mean all of achievements of various peoples, nations etc. gets left behind to the one nation that just kept the name for few more years. The difference between division and a break-up as well as keeping the name is barely there for the legal issues. And yeah legaly speaking Serbian Ice hockey federation than might be able to put an elite division under their history, but that still doesn't mean it wouldn't be funny as hell.
                but whenever Yugoslavia was at fault we were attacked you know NATO bombed Yugoslavia,they didnt attack you they attacked Serbia
                Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

• Look that's politics, we can continue with that discussion elsewhere, but to me it seems just as bizzare as Austria arguing about the medals at fencing at 1900 Olympics due to being the remaining part of Austro Hungary, nothing else

Comment

• We are going too far... the fact is that Yugoslavia has 5 medals, still # 1

Comment

• too bad african countries are poor, europe would be second bball league if there were better economic and social conditions in africa. white men cant jump!

Comment

• My opinion from start to end!

Untitled.jpg

Comment

• I must say, I'm kind of liking this dimmed lighting in the arenas. It's kind of like watching a Knicks or Lakers game.

Comment

• Where would one start a thread about the 2019 host city selection process?

Comment

• Originally posted by CHBB View Post
                              Where would one start a thread about the 2019 host city selection process?
                              International Basketball forum. It's actually a good question. I'd like to see them move it around but you need a place that can get decent crowds.
                              Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

• A bit OFF TOPIC, but i didn't feel like searching the whole forum, to post this.

Does anyone else find it disgusting that Fiba world rankings are actually calld:

FIBA bwin world ranking?

Also on that note, i don't think its ethical that a sports betting company is actually a sponsor of a sporting event like the Euroleague or FIBA WC.

I find it repulsive. IMO results of such competitions will always have a stink of something fishy.
                                My homage to The heroes:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information