This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alermac
    Qatar, joins Spain, France, Denmark, Russia and Saudi Arabia in the group of candidates interested in hosting the 2014 FIBA World Championship.
    Add Italy, which also applied today.

Comment

Originally posted by JET007
      there should have been a poll...
      If there would be a poll and an option "Phillipines" would be included when we know every poll winner.

Dont forget the main part of competition - organisation. Imagine the tournament would be in Angola or Philipines and imagine organisation. I am sure there would be plenty missundertundings, no game would be hosted on time etc...

Europe country would be great, but dont forget the fact - even Sweden did better tournament than spain... and that website...

But most of all I would like USA - because in USA organisation is the best because entertainment is the main thing in usa. not family, not love but entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Test
        But most of all I would like USA - because in USA organisation is the best because entertainment is the main thing in usa. not family, not love but entertainment.
        The problem is, USA fans don't care about FIBA basketball. The stadiums are usually empty, except for Team USA matches.

Comment

Greece became eitghth candidate in hosting 2014 World championchip.
          All candidates: Greece, Russia, Spain, Italy, Denmark, France, Qartar and Saudi Arabia.

Comment

Originally posted by Basket_
            Greece became eitghth candidate in hosting 2014 World championchip.
            All candidates: Greece, Russia, Spain, Italy, Denmark, France, Qartar and Saudi Arabia.
            ¿Greece? Come on, they only hosted it 10 years ago!

Comment

China latest and final country to bid, as of today.

Comment

like Japan?
                philippines
                FOR YOUR SEO NEEDS, VISIT US @ http://www.extremeseophilippines.com

ANG PAGIGING PILIPINO KO AY ISANG KARANGALAN, SAAN MANG SULOK NG DAIGDIG AKO DALHIN NG AKING KAPALARAN, IKARARANGAL KO ANG MABUHAY AT MAMATAY NG DAHIL SA INANG BAYAN!

BAYAN KO! HANGGANG SA HULING PINTIG NYARING AKING PUSO, WATAWAT MO'Y BUONG TAPANG NA IWAWAGAYWAY, HANGGANG IKA'Y MULING MAGING TANYAG, SA MAPAG-USISANG MATA NG MGA DAYUHAN!

“We live by faith and not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7

Comment

WC 2010 is in Turkey. So it is in Europe. And i doubt it will be in Europe 2014 again. WC 2006 was in Japan and OG will be 2008 in China. So even with China booming and the people are very interested in basketball it will be difficult for them.

For me as european i would prefer a european country, but we are not the world. But if it would be in europe i would like to see it in Italy, France and Russian. Spain had so much events in the past with the OG 92, EC 97 and EC 97. And what i see in 97 and 07 was very bad from the organizations side. Greece also had a couple of tournaments in the last 20 years. EC 97, EC 95, WC 98 and then they also had the OG 04 where they could injoy good basketball and now this qualification tournament. I don´t know when Russia had a a EC or WC in the past. Italy had the EC 91 and France had the EC 99.

But also Australia would be nice.
                  Last edited by Buducnost PG; 10-20-2008, 05:36 PM.

Comment

PR N°52 - FIBA visits candidate countries for 2014 World Championship

GENEVA (2014 FIBA World Championship) - The International Basketball Federation (FIBA) begins today a tour to visit all bidding countries for the 2014 FIBA World Championship for Men.

China, Denmark, France, Italy and Spain are the candidates interested in hosting the 2014 edition of the FIBA World Championship, FIBA's premier competition. On 5th December 2008 each of the above-mentioned five national federations will have to confirm their bid by formally presenting their candidature files to FIBA in a public presentation ceremony to be held in Geneva, Switzerland.

Already last June candidate countries participated in a workshop where the 'Bid and Event Manual' was presented and explained. This manual will help bidding countries prepare their candidature files.

The tour of site visits that has commenced today, six weeks before the December deadline, will take off in the People's Republic of China. FIBA President, Bob Elphinston, and FIBA Secretary General and IOC Member, Patrick Baumann, will meet tomorrow, Tuesday, with officials of the Chinese Basketball Association and city officials of Beijing.

Next week, Elphinston and Baumann will visit Paris, Madrid and Rome. Copenhagen will be visited at a later date.

These visits will allow candidate countries and officials to review and ask questions concerning the bidding process and the requirements expected by FIBA. At the same time, the top leaders of FIBA will make themselves available to the respective domestic national media representatives in press conferences that will take place in each of the bidding countries.

After the handing over of the candidature files on 5th December, FIBA will appoint an Evaluation Commission to examine all files and to formally visit the countries and review the commitments made.

The complete bidding process will end in May 2009, when the FIBA Central Board will decide the host of the 2014 World Championship for Men.

About FIBA

FIBA (www.fiba.com), the world governing body for basketball, is an independent association formed by 213 National Federations of basketball throughout the world. It is recognised as the sole competent authority in basketball by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). Its main upcoming events are the 2009 FIBA Zone Continental Championships and the 2010 FIBA World Championships for Men and Women, to take place in Turkey and in the Czech Republic respectively.
                    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                    Artificial Nature

Comment

Lol @ Saudi Arabia...are they serious?
                      "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/new...4285/arti.html

Qatar, sixth candidate interested in hosting the 2014 FIBA World Championship

GENEVA (2014 FIBA World Championship) - Following the decision taken at its last Central Board meeting, held on the 8th and 9th of December 2007 in Chicago (USA), the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) opened the bidding process for the 2014 FIBA World Championship on 10th of January 2008.

With nine days to go until the closing date for the sending of Letters of Intent confirming an interest in hosting the event, FIBA is pleased to confirm that the Qatar Basketball Federation has become the sixth candidate to express an interest in bidding for the organization of the 17th edition of the FIBA World Championship, FIBA's premier competition.

Qatar, joins Spain, France, Denmark, Russia and Saudi Arabia in the group of candidates interested in hosting the 2014 FIBA World Championship.

Qatar and Saudi Arabia are bidding. If this were Formula One, i'd say they would have already decided XD

Qatar sounds the most logical, since 3 of the last 5 championships (without counting turkey 2010) were held in the Americas, 2010 will be in Europe and 2012 Olympics also in Europe.

It should be an Asian or African country this time, Arab if possible for a change. And Qatar already have the capabilities, they hosted the 2007 Asian games which was spectacular.

Was it ever organized in Oceania? if not, why not in 2014? if Australia or New Zealand bids for it

Comment

If I had a choice I'd give it to a country from South America, the middle east (that's part of asia), or Australia. Having three straight major tournaments in Europe just seems wrong, and the eastern part of Asia hosted the two tournaments before that.

I suppose Canada wouldn't be bad either as by 2014 it will be 20 years since they hosted.
                          Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Advantage of China
                            1. WC 2010 is at Turkey, Olympic 2012 is at London,they both belong to FIBA Europe, Denmark, France, Italy and Spain all belong to FIBA Europe;
                            2. China will have at least 4 arenas at the time of 2014;
                            3. China has lots of bball fans.

Comment

Advantage of France:

We are French.
                              Officials will eat quite well if the Championship happens in France.
                              Officials will drink good wine if the Championship happens in France.
                              Paris is a very glamour city.
                              We saved the World from the crisis thanks to the dwarf.
                              If Sarkozy comes to one game, you can be sure every French people will see some basketball this day. Either, they would never.

Maybe we will manage to have 3000 persons arena for the Final.
                              This, way, FIBA will be sure France will be qualified.

Well, I'll find others, more pertinent or not.
                              It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Originally posted by damelo
                                Advantage of France:

We are French.
                                Officials will eat quite well if the Championship happens in France.
                                Officials will drink good wine if the Championship happens in France.
                                Paris is a very glamour city.
                                We saved the World from the crisis thanks to the dwarf.
                                If Sarkozy comes to one game, you can be sure every French people will see some basketball this day. Either, they would never.

Maybe we will manage to have 3000 persons arena for the Final.
                                This, way, FIBA will be sure France will be qualified.

Well, I'll find others, more pertinent or not.
                                The food may be good but the portions (en general) are quite small especially in Paris (unless ur planning to go for a diet )
                                The only reason why the fans would go to watch Sarkozy is because his wife will probably be with him

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information