Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Turkish player performances of the week thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the 99 generation of Turkey is on the verge of the next step. After Onuralp Bitim and Yigitcan Saybir Muhaymin Mustafa is also contributing major numbers for Ionikos in the Greek A1.

against @aekbcgr with 19 PT (3/6 3P), 8 REB and 2 AST

24 PT (9/13 FG), 9 REB, 4 AST and 1 BL against Lavrio

Comment

Onuralp Bitim with a 30 points game against Bahcesehir (6/8 from three). He was money.

Comment

Sertac Sanli missed the winning ft but Barca beats Real Madrid in OT and Sanli with a dagger from the deep secured the win. He is like a bull who sees red when he plays against Real Madrid.

Comment

17 points against Efes of Onuralp Bitim and Sehmus Hazer made 15 points and 4 assists with very good defense against Tofas. He has been making most of his 3 point attempts (3/4 today) and shot motion looks way better.

Comment

Onuralpas Bitimas with his 20 points 10 rebounds and 4 assists performance against Partizan

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
              Onuralpas Bitimas with his 20 points 10 rebounds and 4 assists performance against Partizan

https://twitter.com/bbasketofficial/...61925452099584
              did someone kick this boy's head? his numbers look like he's finally woken up.
              5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Amazing performance of Kenan Sipahi against Dacka. 23 points 7 rebounds and 11 assists with great defense. Tbh I was never a big fan of him but he is an another player since he came back from Spain. Surely worth considering for Eurobasket 22 and a great fit besides Shane Larkin.

Comment

Onuralpas Bitimas is really in great shape. In 23 minutes he produced 17 points 9 rebounds and 6 assists against TT Ankara. One 3 pointer from 8 meters. He really is very active in collecting rebounds and can also finish at the rim as a second chance opportunity. His spot in Eurobasket should be safe.

Comment

Onuralpas Bitimas is really in great shape. In 23 minutes he produced 17 points 9 rebounds and 6 assists against TT Ankara. One 3 pointer from 8 meters. He really is very active in collecting rebounds and can also finish at the rim as a second chance opportunity. His spot in Eurobasket should be safe.
                    As much as I'm happy with Ataman, I'm scared he won't use Onuralp as much as he did out of spite. Onuralp had 0 use in Efes and he shined after he left. I hope Ataman won't take that personally

Comment

Originally posted by okanial View Post
                      As much as I'm happy with Ataman, I'm scared he won't use Onuralp as much as he did out of spite. Onuralp had 0 use in Efes and he shined after he left. I hope Ataman won't take that personally
                      This is a fear without any foundation. He was 19 year old when he left Efes and he developed. There is nothing to take personally. I am sure he is very happy with his development. My fear is that hell take Tuncer over Sipahi and Mahmutoglu over Hazer. Bitim is in the roster and hell be used from the bench. Its really save.

Comment

Finally the Turkish NT has a 2,5 level scorer who can additionally defend and has an amazing verticality. He will give an extra depth to the roster. His shot selection can be sometimes very wild but these last 3 games gave him good experience. Every playoff game in Europe is a bless for him and for the Turkish NT.

Now the NT just needs a four who can defend and stretch the floor and we have tons of guys who are on the verge of making the next step.

Play making is still the biggest problem of the NT but with Larkin we could go around it. Sipahi with his rock solid defense can take the role from the bench.

Its still a very young team lacks abilities here and there but this is really the deepest roster what we have since 2010.

Comment

OK regular season conclusions...

BSL:

Turkish 5 of the season.

Dogus Özdemiroglu
                          Onuralp Bitim
                          Egehan Arna
                          Ercan Osmani
                          Sadik Emir Kabaca

MVP (among Turks) Onuralp Bitim

The rising star of the Turkish BSL: Kerem Kuthan Konan (2004)
                          Most astonishing performance of the season: Yagiz Aksu (2006)

Sadik Emir Kabaca: the almost 2001 born Power forward who played on the center position due to his 6'10 length with solid frame had his ups and downs during the season. Though there has been a certain development in his game since Pistolis became GS coach. Despite having every tool you can imagine for a great big with huge potential Kabaca couldnt read games very well, slept on off ball defenses etc. and was a mistake prone. He still is but his understanding is developing from game to game. I think Pistolis is bringing him on the next level. Should have his break out next season. Amazing speed with solid wingspan and solid outside shot.

Ercan Osmani: Again a 6'11 forward with shot and length. Makes unnecessarily stupid mistakes from time to time and is an injury prone but also a great talent who can play on both ends on the floor. Could leave Besiktas and try playing in the Euroleague.

Egehan Arna: after having a very disappointing season last year he stepped up big time and showed his potential again he was showing during his youth years. Great shooter who can create a bit for himself. He can put the ball on the floor, has a solid size with his 6'8 and contributes well grabbing rebounds. He is really helpful if it comes to spacing. Truly one option for the NT. Dont give him high chances but you never know.

Onuralp Bitim: unexpected rise here too. After Freemans departure he got unleashed and finished the season with 15 points. He needs to polish his game further but has truly talent for being a very good two way Euroleague player.

For next season I expect Kabaca and Kerem Kuthan Konan to have their break outs in Turkey. Expect Mert Akay to return strong to Turkey.

The situation of Samet Yigitoglu and Demir Dogan in Macedonia is unclear. Worth to follow is 2002 born David Mutaf for Gran Canaria. The NT will have great shooting guard options after his development. A three level scorer with weak defense and Yiğit Hamza Mestoğlu who is ready for the next step in Spain.

Comment

Onuralpas Bitimas decided to stay in Bursa. First of all even if Bursa loses the final against Virtus there is a high chance that Bursa gets the invitation of Euroleague since Frutti Extra the sponsor of Bursa is also sponsor of Euroleague.

Onuralp Bitim needs to establish himself at this level and must get a bigger role next season. Thats the only reasonable reason for staying in Bursa. He showed that he fill the role as a finisher and the next step would be a scorer who can create his shot. He needs to polish his game even more and must be the first or in the worst case the second option of his team.

Comment

Onuralpas Bitimas decided to stay in Bursa. First of all even if Bursa loses the final against Virtus there is a high chance that Bursa gets the invitation of Euroleague since Frutti Extra the sponsor of Bursa is also sponsor of Euroleague.

Onuralp Bitim needs to establish himself at this level and must get a bigger role next season. Thats the only reasonable reason for staying in Bursa. He showed that he fill the role as a finisher and the next step would be a scorer who can create his shot. He needs to polish his game even more and must be the first or in the worst case the second option of his team.
                              I love how his coach talks about him and Turkish players in general. They are expected to not to touch the ball except for shooting or in defense, they are given 0 initiative and are taken out of the game with their first mistake and then we talk about why we don't have any guy who can take initiative in the national team. Alimpijevic is literally the first coach I've heard saying this and also actually putting his words to use. He helped Onuralp develop so much

Comment

Originally posted by okanial View Post
                                I love how his coach talks about him and Turkish players in general. They are expected to not to touch the ball except for shooting or in defense, they are given 0 initiative and are taken out of the game with their first mistake and then we talk about why we don't have any guy who can take initiative in the national team. Alimpijevic is literally the first coach I've heard saying this and also actually putting his words to use. He helped Onuralp develop so much
                                I dont know if it was Alimpijevic or not. He gave him a bigger role for sure but the boost came after Freemans transfer to CSKA. If you get the chance you must grab the opportunity so it was a good season and he is also a very very needed profile. We need a scorer who can create his shot and defend at the same time. Lets hope Bursa gets the spot for Euroleague. Without Russian teams there will be 3 spots open and considering Virtus winning it on Wednesday there is a big chance we get the spot beside Partizan and Valencia.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information