Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EuroLeague Regular Season: Round 8

Default EuroLeague Regular Season: Round 8

Congrats to Sale, great coach.

CSKA aren't looking too good right now (other than Hackett their guards are struggling) but that was a solid win for Fener. De Colo showed his class down the stretch.

Anyone know when Grigonis might return?

As I wrote last week, it's gonna be interesting season... But results of ASVEL and CSKA make Maccabi's game at Basconia, instead of "nice-to-have" into "must win". And next week we going to Moscow...
    Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 11-04-2021 at 11:01 PM.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Sasa is underated coach, as I said many times this season. But still, he is making some mistakes, involving Melih in the game in first place..

We have low IQ roster(tnx to Kokoskov) and that is the reason why we lost some games that we could win. On the other side Djordjevic made warrior spirit image around this team and that could make some good things in future.

But tbh, without new pg(I am hoping for Jovic) play off is max limit of this team

So I guess that Zalgiris game wasn't really a renaissance of Efes, as they're struggling again, especially defensively, against the stubborn Zenit...Kuzminskas also seems to have remembered how to play basketball again lol

The problem is that nobody is afraid of the bigs of Efes. They score but it doesnt mean much when you can defend the perimeter aggressively. Its really just the matter of the bigs. Efes is so soft in the paint. It just causes rotation problems. Additionally there is a sloppiness on the court that I cant explain. Atamans chair is shaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    The problem is that nobody is afraid of the bigs of Efes. They score but it doesnt mean much when you can defend the perimeter aggressively. Its really just the matter of the bigs. Efes is so soft in the paint. It just causes rotation problems. Additionally there is a sloppiness on the court that I cant explain. Atamans chair is shaking.
    Maybe they needed to suffer another game like this to finally make the changes required?

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    you might me onto something here, but to me it seems like a coaching issue first and foremost, as I've never seen this version of Efes to be so soft and clueless defensively...maybe it's an early season struggles, or maybe Ataman has truly lost the plot lol

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    you might me onto something here, but to me it seems like a coaching issue first and foremost, as I've never seen this version of Efes to be so soft and clueless defensively...maybe it's an early season struggles, or maybe Ataman has truly lost the plot lol
    The team is just burnt out, thats it. Its always the same with these romantic Turks. "Dixon is our precious", "A champion team deserves a chance to defend the championship", "Pleiss is very good for the locker room". Fuck the locker room if you cant win games. Its over with Ataman. Send Petrusev back to Serbia, with this defense Euroleague is not even a dream for him, let alone NBA. I am not mad at this kid but all 5 bigs should have been exchanged. There is no fire anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    It's just that it's the team that has been the best one in Euroleague for recent two years Just a little detail.
    And you expect it to go forever?
    I hate to quote myself, but question from last week still stands.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

If there is an award for most disappointing player this season, Venzenkov would have to be high on that list.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    If there is an award for most disappointing player this season, Venzenkov would have to be high on that list.
    Of course as soon as I wrote that he starts to have a good game.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    He's in a rough shooting patch but I don't expect it to last. He's still positive in every other department.

Efes is in big problem, it's not just frontcourt but everything.

Opponents feel the blood and make shoots that should be missed in regular games. Lucky for them that Baron is mediocre shooter, difference would be even bigger

I think at the end efes will be ok, even in this moment I feel that. There is too much quality in that roster, but they will need time.

Nice solid win for Maccabi. Derrick Williams was wonderful with 21, Keenan Evans great with 14 points and 8 assists (Didn't clown say that they are not EL level players?). Zizic and Reynolds also very nice and solid with 16 points each in 22 and 18 minutes of game. Nunnaly sixth game in a row with double figures and very good defence, 4 assists. And all that when Scottie with zero points (got injured in first half, hopefully nothing serious).
    We can get better, too much looks from 3 in first half, Basconia took too much offensive rebounds (not that they did too much with them, but that's different issue). I think Caloiaro shouldn't play so much, despite good defensive game (4 steals). He ain't Rodman after all. But it's good so far, after catastrophic season start.
    Tough game next week against CSKA with their backs to the wall after loosing streak... But we"ll see.

P.S. I think Basconia needs to swap main sponsor, it may be bad luck having one with name rhyming with female canine...
    Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 11-05-2021 at 10:13 PM.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Maccabi is simply too strong for the actual Baskonia. Another team with almost null possibilities of qualification.

Bayern should have won the game against Real. They didn't control Yabusele at all and they made hasty stupid attacks at the end. Still it seems a competitive team but not solid enough for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    Maccabi is simply too strong for the actual Baskonia. Another team with almost null possibilities of qualification.
    Well, yes. Maccabi is a strong team. But this wasn't clear just month ago. And, that isn't full potential of the team yet. Yannis also should stop his friendly homemade substitutions. When he put Cohen and DiBa on the court, Basconia made 13:0 run. Cohen still not in form for EL, even though he gave decent game against Bnei Herzeliya. As I wrote above, Caloiaro, with all his defensive effort, doesn't deserve 29 minutes on the court. Sorkin could have played tonight as well. Hopefully Cohen and Sorkin and Ziv will play against Hapoel Holon. As for more mistakes, letting Lessort go is another one. Hope Zizic and Reynolds will be enough against CSKA frontcourt.

P.S. Another "Stellar" game for Yovel Zoosman - 4 points. He surely was main reason Alba won Superstar
    Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 11-06-2021 at 12:26 AM.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Keeping Lessort in order to play 5 minutes is good for the team but not fair for him. He deserves to play a lot for an el team.

Releasing him can be understood but on only one condition, that the money saved will be spent for the replacement of other seriously injured players in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    Keeping Lessort in order to play 5 minutes is good for the team but not fair for him. He deserves to play a lot for an el team.

Releasing him can be understood but on only one condition, that the money saved will be spent for the replacement of other seriously injured players in the future.
    Agree, he deserves better, may be next year...
    Well, so far front court of Maccabi looks well without him (53 points from Williams, Zizic and Reynolds, and add to this 5 points of Caloiaro). I don't remember Williams from his Bayern season, but he didn't look so good (and happy) even in Fener. Zizic still a bit problematic in defence, but looks great in offence. Reynolds, wow. Sorkin can be not bad #4 in EL, Cohen, not good so far in EL. We will see in next few games, how Maccabi handles good front lines.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Props to Olympiakos. Really fun and disciplined team to watch.
    Fener is running under the radar. I have the feeling that they will be incredibly difficult to beat in a series if healthy. Janketa pointed it out the right way. I rewatched game vs. CSKA. Warrior attitude is right conclusion. Fanatical rotations and breaking screens, hunting down players around the screens. This year's Fener is easy to identify with because they have so many fighters ono their roster and their team chemistry is growing steadily. They look like a unit. I have very positive feeling for Fener this year.
    Congrats also to our Israeli brothers on the board for their team playing that well.

Great season. Enjoyable for most of us. Keep on rocking..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast