Euroleague Regular Season: Week 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euroleague Regular Season: Week 6

AS Monaco - Crvena Zvezda (October 26 19:00 CET)
    Fenerbahce - FC Barcelona (October 26 19:45 CET)
    Olympiacos - Alba Berlin (October 26 20:00 CET)
    Maccabi Tel Aviv - Zalgiris Kaunas (October 26 20:05 CET)
    Bayern Munich - Armani Milan (October 26 20:45 CET)
    Unics Kazan - Baskonia (October 27 18:00 CET)
    Zenit - Real Madrid (October 27 19:00 CET)
    ASVEL - CSKA Moscow (October 27 20:00 CET)
    Panathinaikos - Anadolu Efes (October 27 20:00 CET)
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Great Fener game and excellent coaching by Djordjevic. Unfortunately Mirotic is a top NBA player and tonight he demonstrated it.

Comment

Watched just from middle of 3rd but really great game.

Bravo bravo Mirota!

Comment

Paradox of tonight game, Milano makes better position of shoots, what is rarely for them, but still loses.

Comment

Today I am really happy that I am not a FB fan. Great game really, great game and FB has really a great defensive team but offense chocks most of the time.

Where to begin with. Like I said I would trust Guduric with closed eyes in terms of shooting but defensively he is a sleeping pill. They gave too many rebounds with four guys surrounding one guy. A really heartbreaking loss is this. Vesely played like an MVP today but De Colo is in decline thats for sure.

My focus was of course on Hazer. Like I wrote many times here Hazer with a better touch would be an elite scorer. His first step is fast as hell and he is a very solid defender with his long arms and swift feed. He couldnt show it today but he is also a freakin athlete. I dont know why but he was just used as a cutter from the short role only once. Sengün is a better passer than Vesely but Vesely is also very good. The problem is that the point guards are not dangerous enough. They cant create two vs one situations with passing.

but Guduric being back again it will be better.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
            Great Fener game and excellent coaching by Djordjevic. Unfortunately Mirotic is a top NBA player and tonight he demonstrated it.
            yeah with 1 of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
              Today I am really happy that I am not a FB fan. Great game really, great game and FB has really a great defensive team but offense chocks most of the time.

Where to begin with. Like I said I would trust Guduric with closed eyes in terms of shooting but defensively he is a sleeping pill. They gave too many rebounds with four guys surrounding one guy. A really heartbreaking loss is this. Vesely played like an MVP today but De Colo is in decline thats for sure.

My focus was of course on Hazer. Like I wrote many times here Hazer with a better touch would be an elite scorer. His first step is fast as hell and he is a very solid defender with his long arms and swift feed. He couldnt show it today but he is also a freakin athlete. I dont know why but he was just used as a cutter from the short role only once. Sengün is a better passer than Vesely but Vesely is also very good. The problem is that the point guards are not dangerous enough. They cant create two vs one situations with passing.

but Guduric being back again it will be better.
              Heartbreaking loss? Maybe.
              Honestly after watching the Alba game, I thought this season was lost…a total disaster.
              Starting with Kazan (+40), Efes (league +20), Real and Barca both lost in last ball.
              Add to it the loss in Greece due to stupid unsportsmanlike.
              Honestly FB could have been 5-1 today.
              Now, this team is still not a contender for 1-4 spots.
              But the season is not shot and team+coach not disaster as I predicted after Alba game.
              So, as heartbreaking as it is, I feel good cause the team put heart to the game.
              Let’s keep churning!

Comment

Alba played well today but fortunately for Olympiacos 1) Papanikolaou played notwithstanding injury rumours, a fundamental player that hasn't a replacement in their roster 2) Zoosman is one of the lowest IQ players ever born.

Comment

Without Melih this is fighter team. This loss hurts but never mind

If we are competetive against top5 teams in EL, that means we have chance to fight for more then playoff.

De Colo was bad but in some strange way it is good for Fener, we don't need one man show like last two seasons.

For the first time I have to say that refs decided the game

Comment

What a stupid move by Sanli to leave Efes. Coming to team with maybe the best EL center and leaving the team where he could be leading frontcourt guy.

I don't know what will happen in future but seems this will be ugly episode in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
                      Alba played well today but fortunately for Olympiacos 1) Papanikolaou played notwithstanding injury rumours, a fundamental player that hasn't a replacement in their roster 2) Zoosman is one of the lowest IQ players ever born.
                      I wonder if @Nemanja95 still thinks we should have kept Zuss in Maccabi? (by putting handcuffs on him?)

BTW, good win for Maccabi, even if there were 10 minutes of bad game in first and fourth quarters. Hopefully Derek Williams is finally with us, with great game, Nunnaly is fourth game in a row with double figures, and Evans was great as well. Lithuanians succeeded to stop Wilbekin on offence, but he compensated with defence, career high 5 steals and 6 assists. Zalgiris doesn't really have much to sell, except few highlights with Nebo and triples of Milaknis.
                      Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 10-27-2021, 03:34 AM.
                      Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
                        I wonder if @Nemanja95 still thinks we should have kept Zuss in Maccabi? (by putting handcuffs on him?)

BTW, good win for Maccabi, even if there were 10 minutes of bad game in first and fourth quarters. Hopefully Derek Williams is finally with us, with great game, Nunnaly is fourth game in a row with double figures, and Evans was great as well. Lithuanians succeeded to stop Wilbekin on offence, but he compensated with defence, career high 5 steals and 6 assists. Zalgiris doesn't really have much to sell, except few highlights with Nebo and triples of Milaknis.

I still think Zoosman is correct and grateful backup player. Significance for keeping such player is bigger because he is young and he is grown up in Maccabi, he supposed to be player like Eliyahy, Ohayon or Pnini, player who is important for Maccabi out of the court. Probably, part of responsibilities for their leaving are on both sides.

I don`t know what is your comment about Dorsey in Olympiacos ? One of leaders in Olympiacos who seems for now much better than Maccabi, 4-2 have both clubs, but Olympiacos had difficult schedule. Currently, players in Maccabi on guards and small forwards are doubtful, except Nunnally who for know playing excellent but probably cannot keep similar level through the season, I don`t see who else will include, others on those positions are level under demands of Maccabi. On other hand, we see Dorsey who has important role in Olympiacos.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemanja95 View Post
                          I still think Zoosman is correct and grateful backup player. Significance for keeping such player is bigger because he is young and he is grown up in Maccabi, he supposed to be player like Eliyahy, Ohayon or Pnini, player who is important for Maccabi out of the court. Probably, part of responsibilities for their leaving are on both sides.
                          First of all, as I mentioned many, many times, Zuss wanted to go, if not to Alba, probably to Hapoel Jerusalem (phhh). He asked Maccabi to let him go. What they had to do? Right now, he's fourth violin in one of the worst teams in EL...His decision. Second, we have young and promising players who can grow into leaders, like Sorkin and Ziv.

I don`t know what is your comment about Dorsey in Olympiacos ? One of leaders in Olympiacos who seems for now much better than Maccabi, 4-2 have both clubs, but Olympiacos had difficult schedule.
                          With all due respect, and I have a respect, to Dorsey, he is not much better in Oly than he was in Maccabi - average 2 points per game more so far, that's it. He might get more stable, who knows, he is still young, and he might have been better if he stayed in Maccabi. But as I, again, wrote before many many times, he left Maccabi because of Hizballah rockets raining on Israel, and I doubt he would return. In addition he has Greek citizenship. So there.

As for Oly, they had a bit better pre-season preparation than Maccabi, no corona infection of five players, and have a bit better and experienced guard line. I haven't seen any of their games, unfortunately, but I doubt all Oly's wins were solely because of Dorsey. In any case, it is too early to compare teams - we will see in couple of months.

Currently, players in Maccabi on guards and small forwards are doubtful, except Nunnally who for know playing excellent but probably cannot keep similar level through the season, I don`t see who else will include, others on those positions are level under demands of Maccabi. On other hand, we see Dorsey who has important role in Olympiacos.
                          We have Scottie, who is never doubtful, whatever his score is, as yesterday. And why do you think Nunnaly can't keep similar level for rest of the season? He is just 31. In my opinion he will even improve, because his 3p% right now is much below his career average.
                          Evans is showing very good games lately, he certainly is improving, and he certainly meeting demands of Maccabi.

I never liked DiBa, but he is on level to be replacement guard in EL.
                          Taylor is not bad in defence and shows good basketball IQ.
                          Ziv will be good EL player, he has size, speed and basketball IQ, he just need experience.

I do miss Elija Bryant, but he became free agent too late for Maccabi to sign him (I am not familiar with contract situation, of course, so it is unclear how much would cost Maccabi to cut Taylor and sign Bryant, if he even wanted to come back). Dorsey, again, is irrelevant for Maccabi situation, he left and didn't want to come back, how many times should I repeat that???
                          Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 10-27-2021, 09:38 AM.
                          Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

With young players clubs should be very careful. Working for years,on their character, talking many hours, put away of some people who want to use him. finding right role, explaining him what are expectations. All that is gone if player has wrong way of thinking. We cannot know whose part of responsibility is bigger. . Zoosman in Alba doesn't looking good. He has more weight than should be, Alba plays too quick for his style and abilities.

I thought Olympiacos is much better than Maccabi, same result but different schedule, play of Olympiacos is much balanced and tactically better, Maccabi has Wilbekin, such player Olympiacos hasn't, maybe if Reynolds would play similar like in Bayern, Maccabi could be contender for quarter-final, but I m not optimistic they reach it, because too many lacks and wanderings.

About Dorsey, it`s continuing on story with Zoosman, how is possible three important or relatively important players want to go ? It shows some disorientation, miscommunication between management, coach and players.

Comment

Zoosman is playing a lot only because Alba's roster is not very rich and Marcus Ericsson is seriously injured.

Dorsey in Greece plays with much more confidence because he feels to have returned at home, he is a domestic player, he is proud of his Greek origins. As I had written the main problem with him was the difficult coexistence with Wilbekin, both of them search for the best block in order to shoot outside the arc. They didn't fit well together.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information