Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

France positioning 5 stars prospects in each age group as easy the fruit on the cake basically.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

These rankings are bullshit, dont take them too seriously. There are some pages who are very serious with those rankings but Eurospects is not one of them. I know most of the Eurospects guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
        These rankings are bullshit, dont take them too seriously. There are some pages who are very serious with those rankings but Eurospects is not one of them. I know most of the Eurospects guys.
        But that's not the point. France is surely the biggest farm of talent in Europe.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Historically that's because of their most aggressive colonialization most likely. It's not like French basketball school is the best in Europe

If UK played any basketball, they would be there too...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
            But that's not the point. France is surely the biggest farm of talent in Europe.
            Maybe but this doesnt mean they are necessarily the best team in the future. Its good to have a big pool of player no doubt about that but chemistry and suitability are more important. Most of the French guys are athletic bigs but you use just 4 of them. It doesnt help a bit having 15 bigs but 2 shorts. France is good but surely not unbeatable.

Comment

Maybe but this doesnt mean they are necessarily the best team in the future. Its good to have a big pool of player no doubt about that but chemistry and suitability are more important. Most of the French guys are athletic bigs but you use just 4 of them. It doesnt help a bit having 15 bigs but 2 shorts. France is good but surely not unbeatable.
              With that I agree and their super guard projects in Hayes (specially) and Maledon seem to be stuck a bit. But there's plenty others...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Miro Little (Finland). Real thing. Tell a friend.

Comment

So Paolo Banchero No.1 pick of NBA draft 2022. Impressive. It's interesting that next season most likely Victor will be No.1 pick. So 2 Europeans topping draft two years in a row would be something interesting.

First round strangely happened pretty strong for Europe. Banchero, then semi Poland guy Jeremy Sochan (9), french Ousmane Dieng (11), and Jovic felt a bit lower than expected I think (27).

Overall massive draft for Italy. No.1 pick, but also 2 more - Gabriele Procida (36), Matteo Spagnolo (50). We should talk about Italy as one of potential risers and they already are sort of.

Nevertheless France still beat Italy with 4 drafted players.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

So Paolo Banchero No.1 pick of NBA draft 2022. Impressive. It's interesting that next season most likely Victor will be No.1 pick. So 2 Europeans topping draft two years in a row would be something interesting.

First round strangely happened pretty strong for Europe. Banchero, then semi Poland guy Jeremy Sochan (9), french Ousmane Dieng (11), and Jovic felt a bit lower than expected I think (27).

Overall massive draft for Italy. No.1 pick, but also 2 more - Gabriele Procida (36), Matteo Spagnolo (50). We should talk about Italy as one of potential risers and they already are sort of.

Nevertheless France still beat Italy with 4 drafted players.
                    French basketball school tops the European basketball by far in last decade. In 10 years period, France had 22 draftees that is a great number of players. Their talent pool is amazingly deep. Leave alone NBA draftees, they also produced a lot of great players as Euroleague and Eurocup level stagers. After France, Serbia comes with 14 NBA draftees and Greece with 7 draftees. Huge gap.

I don't see Italy as a potential riser. They did a great job in this year's draft, but I don't see this will continue incoming years' drafts.
                    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                      I don't see Italy as a potential riser. They did a great job in this year's draft, but I don't see this will continue incoming years' drafts.
                      Well, they might already have all they need, maybe except center? 1 Manion, 2 Spagnolo (dynamic duel BTW as guards), 3 Procida and position-less freak and potential FIBA superstar Banchero. That's the team if that will pan out. Potentially very good one.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Well, they might already have all they need, maybe except center? 1 Manion, 2 Spagnolo (dynamic duel BTW as guards), 3 Procida and position-less freak and potential FIBA superstar Banchero. That's the team if that will pan out. Potentially very good one.
                        Indeed potentially a very good roster. If they can work as a team and everything (but everything) goes in right direction for them, they can excel great things in Europe. But, I don't see that roster's upside being better off than Hackett - Belinelli - Gentile - Gallinari - Bargnani roster. Therefore I can't say Italy is a riser, they are no way come close to Tier 1 which consists of Serbia, France and arguably Spain.
                        Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                        Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                          Indeed potentially a very good roster. If they can work as a team and everything (but everything) goes in right direction for them, they can excel great things in Europe. But, I don't see that roster's upside being better off than Hackett - Belinelli - Gentile - Gallinari - Bargnani roster. Therefore I can't say Italy is a riser, they are no way come close to Tier 1 which consists of Serbia, France and arguably Spain.
                          Depends on how good Banchero will be. With all respect to Gallinari, recent Italy's generation lacked super star. Now they have the guy who has the potential to be such.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Depends on how good Banchero will be. With all respect to Gallinari, recent Italy's generation lacked super star. Now they have the guy who has the potential to be such.
                            No, not really. Bancheros upside is not that high. All of these 3 of the draft doesnt have high upsides.

Comment

No, not really. Bancheros upside is not that high. All of these 3 of the draft doesnt have high upsides.
                              I disagree. He will be a mismatch for majority of his opponents. And he can facilitate, not a stupid player at all, a fighter. And charismatic fighter. Maybe not as talented as Dirk, Doncic and such, but he can be very very good player.

OK, it's pretty ironic that other European as a first pick is Italian (bust) Bargnani, but Banchero will be much better, IMO

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I disagree. He will be a mismatch for majority of his opponents. And he can facilitate, not a stupid player at all, a fighter. And charismatic fighter. Maybe not as talented as Dirk, Doncic and such, but he can be very very good player.

OK, it's pretty ironic that other European as a first pick is Italian (bust) Bargnani, but Banchero will be much better, IMO
                                He will be ok and maybe a borderline all star in his prime but nobody you can build... A bit shot creation, a passable passer but must learn to defend consistently.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information