Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: European Prospects General Thread

  1. #21
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,296
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Maybe but this doesnt mean they are necessarily the best team in the future. Its good to have a big pool of player no doubt about that but chemistry and suitability are more important. Most of the French guys are athletic bigs but you use just 4 of them. It doesnt help a bit having 15 bigs but 2 shorts. France is good but surely not unbeatable.
    With that I agree and their super guard projects in Hayes (specially) and Maledon seem to be stuck a bit. But there's plenty others...
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

    Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    308
    Country: Finland

    Default

    Miro Little (Finland). Real thing. Tell a friend.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,296
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    So Paolo Banchero No.1 pick of NBA draft 2022. Impressive. It's interesting that next season most likely Victor will be No.1 pick. So 2 Europeans topping draft two years in a row would be something interesting.

    First round strangely happened pretty strong for Europe. Banchero, then semi Poland guy Jeremy Sochan (9), french Ousmane Dieng (11), and Jovic felt a bit lower than expected I think (27).

    Overall massive draft for Italy. No.1 pick, but also 2 more - Gabriele Procida (36), Matteo Spagnolo (50). We should talk about Italy as one of potential risers and they already are sort of.

    Nevertheless France still beat Italy with 4 drafted players.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

    Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

  4. #24
    Senior Member slice me nice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    1,898
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    So Paolo Banchero No.1 pick of NBA draft 2022. Impressive. It's interesting that next season most likely Victor will be No.1 pick. So 2 Europeans topping draft two years in a row would be something interesting.

    First round strangely happened pretty strong for Europe. Banchero, then semi Poland guy Jeremy Sochan (9), french Ousmane Dieng (11), and Jovic felt a bit lower than expected I think (27).

    Overall massive draft for Italy. No.1 pick, but also 2 more - Gabriele Procida (36), Matteo Spagnolo (50). We should talk about Italy as one of potential risers and they already are sort of.

    Nevertheless France still beat Italy with 4 drafted players.
    French basketball school tops the European basketball by far in last decade. In 10 years period, France had 22 draftees that is a great number of players. Their talent pool is amazingly deep. Leave alone NBA draftees, they also produced a lot of great players as Euroleague and Eurocup level stagers. After France, Serbia comes with 14 NBA draftees and Greece with 7 draftees. Huge gap.

    I don't see Italy as a potential riser. They did a great job in this year's draft, but I don't see this will continue incoming years' drafts.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.

    Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK

  5. #25
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,296
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    I don't see Italy as a potential riser. They did a great job in this year's draft, but I don't see this will continue incoming years' drafts.
    Well, they might already have all they need, maybe except center? 1 Manion, 2 Spagnolo (dynamic duel BTW as guards), 3 Procida and position-less freak and potential FIBA superstar Banchero. That's the team if that will pan out. Potentially very good one.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

    Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

  6. #26
    Senior Member slice me nice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    1,898
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Well, they might already have all they need, maybe except center? 1 Manion, 2 Spagnolo (dynamic duel BTW as guards), 3 Procida and position-less freak and potential FIBA superstar Banchero. That's the team if that will pan out. Potentially very good one.
    Indeed potentially a very good roster. If they can work as a team and everything (but everything) goes in right direction for them, they can excel great things in Europe. But, I don't see that roster's upside being better off than Hackett - Belinelli - Gentile - Gallinari - Bargnani roster. Therefore I can't say Italy is a riser, they are no way come close to Tier 1 which consists of Serbia, France and arguably Spain.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.

    Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK

  7. #27
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,296
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    Indeed potentially a very good roster. If they can work as a team and everything (but everything) goes in right direction for them, they can excel great things in Europe. But, I don't see that roster's upside being better off than Hackett - Belinelli - Gentile - Gallinari - Bargnani roster. Therefore I can't say Italy is a riser, they are no way come close to Tier 1 which consists of Serbia, France and arguably Spain.
    Depends on how good Banchero will be. With all respect to Gallinari, recent Italy's generation lacked super star. Now they have the guy who has the potential to be such.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

    Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    5,287
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Depends on how good Banchero will be. With all respect to Gallinari, recent Italy's generation lacked super star. Now they have the guy who has the potential to be such.
    No, not really. Bancheros upside is not that high. All of these 3 of the draft doesnt have high upsides.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,296
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    No, not really. Bancheros upside is not that high. All of these 3 of the draft doesnt have high upsides.
    I disagree. He will be a mismatch for majority of his opponents. And he can facilitate, not a stupid player at all, a fighter. And charismatic fighter. Maybe not as talented as Dirk, Doncic and such, but he can be very very good player.

    OK, it's pretty ironic that other European as a first pick is Italian (bust) Bargnani, but Banchero will be much better, IMO
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

    Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    5,287
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    I disagree. He will be a mismatch for majority of his opponents. And he can facilitate, not a stupid player at all, a fighter. And charismatic fighter. Maybe not as talented as Dirk, Doncic and such, but he can be very very good player.

    OK, it's pretty ironic that other European as a first pick is Italian (bust) Bargnani, but Banchero will be much better, IMO
    He will be ok and maybe a borderline all star in his prime but nobody you can build... A bit shot creation, a passable passer but must learn to defend consistently.

  11. #31
    Senior Member slice me nice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    1,898
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    OK, it's pretty ironic that other European as a first pick is Italian (bust) Bargnani, but Banchero will be much better, IMO
    Yes But, Bargnani remains as the one and only true European first pick ever, as Banchero has nothing to do with Italian basketball school.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.

    Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Well, they might already have all they need, maybe except center? 1 Manion, 2 Spagnolo (dynamic duel BTW as guards), 3 Procida and position-less freak and potential FIBA superstar Banchero. That's the team if that will pan out. Potentially very good one.
    Next NBA prospect (likely 2023 1st round pick) is Leonardo Okeke (6-11 PF - 2003 Born) that this year will play in the italian top division with Tortona... so let's see how Italy NT can evolve.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,296
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxicity View Post
    Next NBA prospect (likely 2023 1st round pick) is Leonardo Okeke (6-11 PF - 2003 Born) that this year will play in the italian top division with Tortona... so let's see how Italy NT can evolve.
    Banchero looked good in The Summer League. Love his passing culture. And he can do a lot of things in the court. If he's dedicated to the NT that's huge news for Italy.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

    Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

  14. #34
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,296
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    What to make of incredible Youth Summer of Spain? They are total No.1 in FIBA EURO BOYS ranking, no-one can move them, not even France will all their NBA upside prospects. France by far leading with NBA pedigree prospects, but Spain has better basketball school and wins those tournaments.

    Spain absolutely dominated this summer. Lithuania probably was second best in Europe. Look this, it looks pretty crazy:

    https://twitter.com/AurimasVerbukas/...03959393271808
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

    Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,208

    Default

    Serbia had the better year in 2007 , it held all four titles u16, u18,u20 and world u19 championship . Still Spain's success here doesn't guarantee that those young players will transfer their games successfully to the to pro's and become stars or superstars. Its a hard work to get there and their best pro clubs Real ,Barcelona,Valencia, Baskonia are rarely giving a young players the chance to succeed there , their u20 best player even decide to move to Germany this summer . French players are athletically and physically very gifted but it seems to me that they used to produce players with the higher basketball iq and the more technically sound players in the past, players such as Parker,Diaw ,Batum etc. than they do now.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

  16. #36
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,296
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Tubelis and Bona as leading European prospects in upcoming NCAA season:

    https://basketballncaa-com.translate...n&_x_tr_pto=sc
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

    Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

  17. #37
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,296
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    I found today very interesting fact that Pau Gasol (thus far the best EURO FIBA player ever) was not dominant in Youth basketball at all. His best tournament was 11.5ppg, 5.4rpg. His Youth career average is 7,5ppg. That's the best FIBA player ever! It only shows that is all about upside and ceiling. He exploded like a bomb from being meh in 2000 U- EC to 2001 Eurobasket where he was already dropping 17,3ppg and in 2003 he already was dropping 25.8ppg as 23yo.

    http://archive.fiba.com/pages/eng/fa..._/players.html
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

    Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •