This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Prospects General Thread

Some argue that recently in basketball most important position is SF/PF. Not traditional forward, but the forward with guard skill. Lebron, KD, Leonard, Giannis to some extent, even the same Doncic is a guard in SF body. The way I see it, Europe is catching up the trend.

Paolo Banchero should be 1 or 2 pick in 2022.
    Nikola Jovic should be in lottery 2022.
    Victor Wembanyama should be one of top 5 picks in 2023 or 2024.

I do believe these 3 today are top European prospects currently.

Others to mention in Pokusevski, Wagner, Prkacin, Buzelis, Demir Dogan and others. Seems like this versatile forward position is prevailing and that's the future of basketball along with guards off course.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Its not quite clear what you want to discuss about. Is it a thread about wings who can create for themselves and others or is it a European prospect thread?

Some years ago wings job were to defend and make the open shots but the Celtics showed after some time that a wing who can create has more value. You still need a solid guy but all 5 guys must be able to shoot and put the ball on the floor to some extend.

Wagner and Prkacin are not part of this description though. Wagner is very limited in terms of creating for himself let alone for others. His drives with his weak hand are horrible. To some extend Deni Avdija could be mentioned altough he is also limited. KD on the other hand doesnt need anything or anyone to finish. He is the best scorer imo of all time.

A proper play maker is still a necessity but in a world of switching defenses a guard with an elite penetration ability is gold. Of course some intelligence should be there. A Dennis Schröder (brainless baller) is not much of a help.

Comment

My aim was to have a place where we could discuss general trends of European prospects and so on. I pointed out top prospects and they seem to be more or less of the same general kind, off course, Victor is more of a unicorn than multi-dimensional forward a la Lebron.

I agree to some extent on Wagner and Prkacin, but at the same time they are versatile enough to appear on the map in such context. Some treat Wagner as potential secondary facilitator at times, we'll see. The point is that there's plenty of versatile forwards who reaches beyond traditional forward description. It's a trend. It's good that you mentioned Avdija, absolutely. I think it deserves to be mentioned that some Banchero should go No.1 overall and a year or two later it's Victor in the same position and I've seen Jovic being projected as high as 6th pick, That's interesting shift for European basketball, specially that last year Europeans took it all, NBA MVP, NBA finals MVP, DPOY, if not qualifying tournament Doncic could be the best player in Olympics as well. It's good momentum overall for European basketball.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I agree to some extent on Wagner and Prkacin, but at the same time they are versatile enough to appear on the map in such context. Some treat Wagner as potential secondary facilitator at times, we'll see.
        Hahahaha surely not. Wagner is a spot up shooter with a solid shooting motion and he can attack closeouts intelligently and this is simply everything what he can do in the offense right now. His ball handling is decrepit. He cant create anything for himself or for others. Franz is on the other hand a very good off ball defender. He moves very well without the ball and he is fast enough to guard all four positions and has long arms. He is also great as a helpside defender. His awareness, focus and will is great.

Franz has potential to be an elite role player but nothing more.

I havent watched many games of Prkacin yet but about Franz you can trust me fully.

Comment

BTW have Deni and Franz the same problem. Both cant use their left hand. This makes them very predictable and limited but Deni can much more on the offensive end.

Comment

Toruko, what's the issue with Biberovic? "Primarily favorite" to win EL Rising Star's award not cracking rotation it seems. That's the issue behind this, has he had any injuries, or simply coach's decision?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
              Toruko, what's the issue with Biberovic? "Primarily favorite" to win EL Rising Star's award not cracking rotation it seems. That's the issue behind this, has he had any injuries, or simply coach's decision?
              He plays in the Turkish League but not really in the EL. There are a few reasons. The 2-3 spots are overcrowded and his defense is still bad. I still think he is the prospect with the highest ceiling right now. Djordjevic has been making the wrong decision but it will change in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                I still think he is the prospect with the highest ceiling right now
                From Fener guys or whole EL prospects?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

From Fener guys or whole EL prospects?
                  In whole Europe of course

Comment

In whole Europe of course
                    Wow, bruh, that's a strong leap of faith

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Top 10 Euro scorers in NCAA:

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

2004 generation really deep. Taking a look at renewed rankings of Eurospects. Have a strong feeling Nunez and Veesar have to be 5 stars and I think Motiejus Krivas way too low. But Victor and Buzelis as 2 unicorns make this generation special:

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

It's funny how they don't have Jokubaitis at all in their 2000 ranking He is clearly no1 at this point.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

2004 generation really deep. Taking a look at renewed rankings of Eurospects. Have a strong feeling Nunez and Veesar have to be 5 stars and I think Motiejus Krivas way too low. But Victor and Buzelis as 2 unicorns make this generation special:

https://eurospects.com/2004-generation-ranking/
                            Eurospects takes out the player who got drafted from its list

Comment

Eurospects takes out the player who got drafted from its list
                              Oh. My bad.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information