Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: EuroCup 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    So, what is everyone thinking about this game tonight? Virtus looked very dominant against Valencia but this Bursa team have defied the odds consistently. Hopefully both these teams will be confirmed for the 2022-23 Euroleague season very soon.
    Virtus is off course favorite but its just one game and the pressure is on Virtus side and Bursa in Euroleague would be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Virtus is off course favorite but its just one game and the pressure is on Virtus side and Bursa in Euroleague would be insane.
    Virtus have such a large roster that some of their players probably still haven't met each other, so Bursa should have an advantage in team chemistry.

Virtus have such a large roster that some of their players probably still haven't met each other, so Bursa should have an advantage in team chemistry.
    lol. but yeah, definitely. They are not used to play together. A week ago they got 108 points which is an insane number and I wanted Virtus because Valencias big rotation would hurt Bursas big rotation more than Virtus big rotation but in any case Bursa is again the underdog.

Bursa extended Bitim until 23/24, which probably means they expect to play EL next season

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Bursa extended Bitim until 23/24, which probably means they expect to play EL next season
    They really deserve it. Hopefully they can keep as many of the gang together as possible, although Toruko said the vultures are already circling.

They really deserve it. Hopefully they can keep as many of the gang together as possible, although Toruko said the vultures are already circling.
    Vultures are always present when something like this is happening, but I realy don't see any high level player in this roster This is just fluke and they will take the title or maybe not(probably not)

All Americans are better then Kokoskov's level boys, but not EL level. Andrews and Hall maybe could be role players in EL

Bitim is the most interesant player from our point of view because he is domestic, still young and there is potential. But there is much work ahead of him

I expect a very poisonous Bursaspor. They will really fight for every fuc**** ball. Grabbing rebounds and making 3 point shots are crucial. Very good season of Bitim really so many do or die games are more valuable than playing 10 regular seasons.

About half the people in the Segafredo Arena tonight are actually players who Virtus have under contract.

12 minutes into the game and I can already say Bursa’s chances are at most 1% to win this.
    Too bad, cause what an unlikeable team Virtus is, but also superior in every way.

The team is just too unexperienced and too vulnerable in its big rotation but never mind. The team never expected to play this final. Its a success story anyway. Many player including Bitim whom I see being frightined the first time are intimidated. Fight till the end and everyone is proud of you.

Before I forget it Dave Dudzinski is a true gem. The best transfer in terms of cost performance ratio in the Turkish league. Could easily fill a role in Euroleague.

Anne Panther, wtf?

When I saw that this piece of shit is referee for eurocup finals, I knew that it will be cruel night for Bursa.

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    Anne Panther, wtf?

When I saw that this piece of shit is referee for eurocup finals, I knew that it will be cruel night for Bursa.
    The worst ref in EL a long time ago

Maybe not that evil, but stupid and ugly for sure

The refs were horrible but this was not the reason of the defeat. The quality difference was to big but cant say bad things about Hayes, Bitim and Dudzinski.

Bitim needs to improve that pin down shot of him, the last two were unlucky but he must be more efficient if he wants to establish himself as a Euroleague scorer, liked him on the defensive end. Did a good job.

Andrews an absolute bum, as if it wasnt enough that he nearly sold the match in the closing phase to Olimpija, today he’s basically playing for Virtus, killing every little fighting chance Bursa had. It’s a shock that Bursa even lasted this long though considering Virtus has almost more offensive rebounds than Bursa has total rebounds.

Btw, whoever allows Shengelia to shoot 3 pointers should retire as coach lol.

Good effort by Bursa tonight and good coaching by Alimpijevic. Opponent is one level above and for sure F4 candidate next season.

Teo is still among Top5 players in Europe

Good effort by Bursa tonight and good coaching by Alimpijevic. Opponent is one level above and for sure F4 candidate next season.

Teo is still among Top5 players in Europe
    Lol, this is never an F4 candidate, this team is a total mess for Top Euroleague standards. It’s good for Eurocup, but with all due respect, IT’S THE EUROCUP.

Quote Originally Posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
    Lol, this is never an F4 candidate, this team is a total mess for Top Euroleague standards. It’s good for Eurocup, but with all due respect, IT’S THE EUROCUP.
    I am weak on Teo and I admit that, They could be candidate,without Toko of course

I am weak on Teo and I admit that, They could be candidate,without Toko of course
    Interesting, aside from 3 pters, which were extra easy cause Bursa was playing with foul anxiety all match, he actually didn’t do much. He played a good match yes, but this is like his 3rd(?) season with Virtus, what about all the other times they failed miserably under his leadership. Nah, I’m not a big Teo fan, and with his over the prime state I think he would be a disaster to have as leader in Euroleague.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast