Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: EuroCup 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    What are your thoughts about Glas?
    What I've seen very promising. Biggest weapon shot. Željko seems to like him. Yesterday in Q3 they almost exclusively played on Glas. Big upside. Reminds me a little on Bogdanović Bojan (not that upside quite but from playing style). Very good defender, good legwork and pivot fakes. I love this kind of players. And with trust of coach it's eaay for kids like him to grow. PS: very active rebounder, and not shy to hunt players around blocks. Modern player. More 3 than 2 to me.

Additionaly, what is very important, from his behavior with media extremely humble and intelligent boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    What I've seen very promising. Biggest weapon shot. Željko seems to like him. Yesterday in Q3 they almost exclusively played on Glas. Big upside. Reminds me a little on Bogdanović Bojan (not that upside quite but from playing style). Very good defender, good legwork and pivot fakes. I love this kind of players. And with trust of coach it's eaay for kids like him to grow. PS: very active rebounder, and not shy to hunt players around blocks. Modern player. More 3 than 2 to me.

Additionaly, what is very important, from his behavior with media extremely humble and intelligent boy.
    Thanks. Do you believe he will be able to do some playmaking in the future?
    previously known as Beno

Maybe not conventional playmaking but attacking after pick yes. They have a dribble set where he does that already yet.

He can help rather in creation of play like secondary creator than primary. He can improve perimeter offense to use physical abilities, also perimeter defense with aggression like on switch defense he could defend power fowards and some centers. For now, their shoot is highlighted , other features is so-so, what means it depends a lot in how many he `ll improve .

Extraordinary play of leaders in Lokomotiv, barriers of young players in Partizan, mistakes of Leday in crucial moments, bad defense 1 on 1 of Partizan, were reason of defeat and missed chance for win against direct opponent for fist place, without head coach.

Virtus lost at Gran Canaria. Probably not too surprising given how many players they are missing and the quality of opposition.

Thompson one reb shy of a 3D
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    Extraordinary play of leaders in Lokomotiv, barriers of young players in Partizan, mistakes of Leday in crucial moments, bad defense 1 on 1 of Partizan, were reason of defeat and missed chance for win against direct opponent for fist place, without head coach.
    Lokomotiv could have been great team, if they put at least minimum effort in D. But with that kind of shit D, I don't believe they can win, when it will matter the most. Maybe new coach can change something there.

Glas had few totally open 3s in 3rd Q, if he could hit those, the game might went in different direction.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Lokomotiv could have been great team, if they put at least minimum effort in D. But with that kind of shit D, I don't believe they can win, when it will matter the most. Maybe new coach can change something there.

Glas had few totally open 3s in 3rd Q, if he could hit those, the game might went in different direction.

Lokomotiv has same concept many years, few very good Americans, who are changing every year, base of Russian players almost doesn`t exist, also there are not other European players. So, they miss structure, many wasted years when they had good roster, but it`s burden on few players is too much, especially because they didn`t have similar experience in Europe.

Our defense 1on1 was bad, perimeter defense, defensive rebound, it`s difficult to say what was worse between that. Leday was in good mode first half unlike in second half, when he failed in crucial situation, unlike Punter who was better how game going on. Glas played excellent 3 quarters, extraordinary shoots. good on closeout, making decision, attitude, he missed two open shoots in 4th quarter, when we were losing, he was best this games so we try to reduce point difference of loss over him, it`turned out he showed everything what he can to show, wasn`t their fault.

Joventut-Lokomotiv going to direction to be best game in Eurocup this season.

Unlike first half in game Joventut-Lokomotiv, in third quarter Lokomotiv fell apart, losing wheel of the game of few leading players, was enough for Joventut to make enormous point difference, despite first half was equally more or less.

Ugh. My days are messed up with us in USA getting Monday off with MLK day. Forgot to do Eurocup fantasy. Hopefully I will get lucky.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

two weeks in a row that I am wasting a player... nikolic in G#9... now reed in G#10.

Two great oportunities to climb the standing lost.

I am really amazed to see I am still ranking 6th.
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Any EC related injury update is much appreciated
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

https://twitter.com/TrendBasket/stat...46952362070024

Can Ugur gt, the Turkish Facundo Campazzo.

TT Ankara dominating ZOCs Partizan.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    https://twitter.com/TrendBasket/stat...46952362070024

Can Ugur gt, the Turkish Facundo Campazzo.

TT Ankara dominating ZOCs Partizan.
    It looks like Interbasket has found a new Turkish hero.

Quote Originally Posted by radallo View Post
    two weeks in a row that I am wasting a player... nikolic in G#9... now reed in G#10.

Two great oportunities to climb the standing lost.

I am really amazed to see I am still ranking 6th.
    Let's make it three in a row..������
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

In Eurocup until now many thing are blurry. There are no top teams who are separated from others.

Shape of Joventut through the season is best in competition, good team play, balanced, of course on the main contender for final and winning. Valencia is close to miss very good chance for 1st place in group, collectively there are not connected how much they need. Virtus has many problems with injuries, their selection of roster is hard to understand, they are in bad position, they have some resources to attack final, but will be very hard.

Partizan is in hard situation, many players change the shape and role through the season, yet is not team connection on level what could be. Gran Canaria despite very good result, I dont see them like team who can to reach final, by quality it s team in upper-middle level of Eurocup. Buducnost composed competitive team, who lurks opportunity if they get but for that is need very specific situation. Lokomotiv has 3 excellent players, 2 correct players, others are much under level what needs Lokomotiv, probably they would be contender but nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    In Eurocup until now many thing are blurry. There are no top teams who are separated from others.

Shape of Joventut through the season is best in competition, good team play, balanced, of course on the main contender for final and winning. Valencia is close to miss very good chance for 1st place in group, collectively there are not connected how much they need. Virtus has many problems with injuries, their selection of roster is hard to understand, they are in bad position, they have some resources to attack final, but will be very hard.

Partizan is in hard situation, many players change the shape and role through the season, yet is not team connection on level what could be. Gran Canaria despite very good result, I dont see them like team who can to reach final, by quality it s team in upper-middle level of Eurocup. Buducnost composed competitive team, who lurks opportunity if they get but for that is need very specific situation. Lokomotiv has 3 excellent players, 2 correct players, others are much under level what needs Lokomotiv, probably they would be contender but nothing more.
    Thanks for sharing this.
    A kind of expected during covid-times having teams showing up&downs. As we all know, meaningful games have still to come.

However, I still see Partizan and Virtus as the only Tier1 teams

Valencia, Badalona and Loko are second tiers IMO.

As you mentioned granca & buducnost , I would have also mentioned Met, Ulm and Hamburg since I see them on the same Tier (maybe Met is my favourite here.. but if they will lose Cummings it will be gameover for them in this competition).
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

For me Loko and Joventut over Partizan and Virtus from everything seen until now. Or at least totally 50-50 in knockout game.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast