Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: EuroCup 21/22

Again I must agree with Furkan(never mind he doesn't agree with me, he will). System is brutal but fair, just like F4, but give much bigger adventage to higher ranked teams in the RS

Bursa will play for the 3rd time abroad and that is the price of being low in the standings

We cannot compare f4 Euroleague with this from simply reason, best 4 in Euroleague are on similar level. What would be results in Euroleague if knockout system starts from eight finals? How many chances would have Bayern against Barcelona? How would looks like f4, with for example Badcelona, Monaco, Real and Alba?

Aditional argument for criticising of Eurocup system is because before knockout system there is 18 games in group. Nobody can define is it league or cup system. Dialectic decent of Marx and Hegel. Consequently, in Euroleague will play maybe Andorra who will be in 2nd division in Spain or middle-placed from Turkey. I propose next year placement in Eurocup should to be decided with draw

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    It's truly astonishing how much they have played around with the format of this competition over the years.
    The current format is exciting but it really is a lot of single elimination games after such a long group stage.
    "April madness"
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Quote Originally Posted by radallo View Post
    "April madness"
    Ha, yes!
    To be fair it has injected more excitement into this stage of the competition.

The cindirella story goes on. Disco disco Partizani volume 3. Bursa is in the Eurocup final and is strong candidate for an invitation to Euroleague. Would have never thought hhahahahahahah

Onuralpas Bitimas with 18 points. Struggled to select the right shots but he is a potential elite creator for himself and the rising star of Eurocup.

Does this mean Bursaspor will be in the EuroLeague next season? Typically the two EuroCup finalists are given a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by eal View Post
    Does this mean Bursaspor will be in the EuroLeague next season? Typically the two EuroCup finalists are given a spot.
    Its not secure but Bursa is now strong candidate for an invitation. If they want to safe a Euroleague spot they must win Eurocup.

As far as I understand, no. Since Monaco did well, they retain the rights for a spot next year, too, which would have gone to the EuroCup finalist, i.e., Bursa, otherwise.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Well considering Russian teams wont participate next season it doesnt matter. The ABA league champions will be preferred and the Eurocup champions are safe in Euroleague. There is one spot left.

Bursaspor officials got an invitation of Euroleague officials today

Last edited by Toruko; 05-03-2022 at 08:34 PM.

I was really hoping Joventut were going to have a chance at a EuroLeague spot. Being eliminated in the round of sixteen crushed that dream. I guess if they win the Spanish League they might get a shot?

I was really hoping Joventut were going to have a chance at a EuroLeague spot. Being eliminated in the round of sixteen crushed that dream. I guess if they win the Spanish League they might get a shot?
    Possible.

Theres enough Spanish teams in the Euroleague, I dont see why Joventut should get an invitation, regardless of what they do in the Spanish league.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    As far as I understand, no. Since Monaco did well, they retain the rights for a spot next year, too, which would have gone to the EuroCup finalist, i.e., Bursa, otherwise.
    Well the season Darussafaka made the playoffs they didnt retain anything for the next season, is this a new rule? I think Bursa has deserved an invitation, Monaco only made the playoffs because of 3 Russian expulsions.

According to the president of Bursaspor an invitation of Euroleague is more than possible even if Bursa loses the final. He said that they will try everything to find investors and sponsors for a Euroleague level roster and a participation depends on the city itself. Bursa is a very rich city and Frutti Extra is a Euroleague sponsor so chances are there.

Glad to see coach Alimpijević in the finals, he is only 36 y.o.

I must say Eurocup is hell of a bad this season.

Virtus showing some chemistry despite having 100 players in their rotation.

When the game ends and you realise Virtus have another 100 players on their roster who aren't suited up.

I don't think such a thing will happen. If it happens, I will not watch any game of this organization. Bursaspor is in Euroleague next season. they were the most deserving.

So, what is everyone thinking about this game tonight? Virtus looked very dominant against Valencia but this Bursa team have defied the odds consistently. Hopefully both these teams will be confirmed for the 2022-23 Euroleague season very soon.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast