EuroCup 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
    2010 semi final with Serbian NT against Turkey. I was there. 2012 Euroleague final. I wasnt there.

2015 semi final against Lithuania he played the last minutes awfully

2014 world cup finals (ok Serbia didnt stand a chance and Teo played well)

I think 2017 with CSKA final four first game against Oly i guess. He really messed the game by himself.
    Should I make a list of all the important games he played briliantly for both his club or NT? That would be a very long list. A lot longer than this one you pulled out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
      Should I make a list of all the important games he played briliantly for both his club or NT? That would be a very long list. A lot longer than this one you pulled out.
      I have my criterias, you have yours. You like him. I like him too but I have no trust when it comes to crucial games, you have different criterias. We are cool

Comment

2010 semi final with Serbian NT against Turkey. I was there. 2012 Euroleague final. I wasnt there.

2015 semi final against Lithuania he played the last minutes awfully

2014 world cup finals (ok Serbia didnt stand a chance and Teo played well)

I think 2017 with CSKA final four first game against Oly i guess. He really messed the game by himself.
        2017 is an interesting one. IIRC he was CSKA's best player but at the end of the third quarter he took an ill advised shot with time remaining on the clock, then Oly went and scored a three.

2012- Yeah, he played badly down the stretch but if Siskauskas makes those free throws...
        2013 - The whole CSKA team played terribly, but yes he was bad. Imo Olympiacos legitimately had a better roster than CSKA at that point though.
        2014 - Semi final vs Maccabi- he played an ok game but not great. He's blameless in terms of how the game was lost at the end and even managed to get Weems the final shot.
        2015 - This one was truly a disaster and clearly he was in his head over the build up of CSKA failures in the preceding years. CSKA was also a divided team at the time, partly sparked by the return of Kirilenko.
        2016 - He played a superb final 4 and won. Which is even more impressive given the previous years of failure and misfortune.

Spanoulis got a Euroleague early as part of a PAO superteam, which meant he wasn't carrying any anxiety over not having won it before. And Olympiacos were able to use that "underdog" narrative even on the occasions when they weren't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
          2017 is an interesting one. IIRC he was CSKA's best player but at the end of the third quarter he took an ill advised shot with time remaining on the clock, then Oly went and scored a three.

2012- Yeah, he played badly down the stretch but if Siskauskas makes those free throws...
          2013 - The whole CSKA team played terribly, but yes he was bad. Imo Olympiacos legitimately had a better roster than CSKA at that point though.
          2014 - Semi final vs Maccabi- he played an ok game but not great. He's blameless in terms of how the game was lost at the end and even managed to get Weems the final shot.
          2015 - This one was truly a disaster and clearly he was in his head over the build up of CSKA failures in the preceding years. CSKA was also a divided team at the time, partly sparked by the return of Kirilenko.
          2016 - He played a superb final 4 and won. Which is even more impressive given the previous years of failure and misfortune.

Spanoulis got a Euroleague early as part of a PAO superteam, which meant he wasn't carrying any anxiety over not having won it before. And Olympiacos were able to use that "underdog" narrative even on the occasions when they weren't.
          Interesting that you remember all games.

Comment

I have my criterias, you have yours. You like him. I like him too but I have no trust when it comes to crucial games, you have different criterias. We are cool
            No reason not to be cool, just saying that there are so many bad narratives that can't hold the ground once you dig a little deeper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post

The biggest problem I have with Teo is. He takes too many unnecessary shots when his team has the momentum and too often he really messes everything up. Like 2012, 2010 etc pp

Comment

• Its like Micic against Olympiacos in Athens. He tried to go to the rim and there was time and really no rush. He couldnt finish and Sloukas made the 3. I swear when I was on the bench as a coach, i would explode literally there.

Comment

Interesting that you remember all games.
                  Haha, true.
                  I think the issue was that in 2012 it really felt like CSKA had thrown it away. A lot of their players did carry that for years. And as silly as it sounds saying this about such a big budget team, it was always pretty tough to win the F4 with CSKA anyway. Look at Ivkovic's CSKA teams, for example. As a team they carry a lot of expectation, while not having nearly the same fanbase as other teams.

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                  The biggest problem I have with Teo is. He takes too many unnecessary shots when his team has the momentum and too often he really messes everything up. Like 2012, 2010 etc pp
                  That can be an issue sometimes, yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
                    Is it also suspicious how he got to play so many such games
                    I would also play those games if I was signed with CSKA, where the C stands for cash.

Comment

Well considering Russian teams wont participate next season it doesnt matter. The ABA league champions will be preferred and the Eurocup champions are safe in Euroleague. There is one spot left.

Bursaspor officials got an invitation of Euroleague officials today

Would not mind a team like Bursaspor to play in the EL. They also have some history in the sport. And after all, they did make the final. Not to mention that it's away from Istanbul. I think two teams for one city is more than enough.

There are so many great teams out there with a very formidable fan base. Valencia, Malaga, Juventut, Fortitudo, Treviso, Varese, Ortez, Aris, Paok. So sad that some of these teams are not investing enough any more. Glad that Bursaspor, Partizan and Virtus are investing in the game. Also great that Villeurbannes is trying to get back in business. Monaco is welcome.

And finally. This FIBA/ULEB feud must end. It's corrocive to basketball. Something MUST happen. Give the first tier league to ULEB and give the second tier league to FIBA. And find a solution for the national teams. The clubs must act. It's in their hands.
                      PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

• Well the problem is that basketball in Europe doesnt earn money. Its a minus business. The continent raise the best players but there is no financial reward but its getting better since the NBA pays more for player now and there are also not many sponsors either who could bring up the money to play in Euroleague. The city of Bursa is a basketball city with two teams. A fusion of both teams of a big 3,5 million city with a big arena could be an argument to be part of Euroleague.

Getting an invitation this season will be difficult since you have to have a minimum budget of 8 millions. I think Valencia is gonna get the last spot but Bursa could keep the core and made good money selling two guys during the season.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information