2021-22 PBA Commissioner's Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Past his prime Haddadi would still dominate our in prime locals.. nad he's got loads of fans in the Philippines. He's a recognizable player. He'd be good for marketing at least.
    I think both Junmar & Greg would still find a 36-year old Hamed Hadadi a real tough customer inside the shaded lane to say the least.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

I don't expect any development for our locals if we keep these height restrictions for imports in. Last time Commissioner's cup import height limit was 6'9. Ngayon 6'6 nalang. Paurong ang PBA. I also don't buy the salaries and 'height limit are more exciting'. Seems like some teams are getting coddled while other teams with no bigs will find themselves playing 6-5 to 6-6 players as centers yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupitersa View Post
        I don't expect any development for our locals if we keep these height restrictions for imports in. Last time Commissioner's cup import height limit was 6'9. Ngayon 6'6 nalang. Paurong ang PBA. I also don't buy the salaries and 'height limit are more exciting'. Seems like some teams are getting coddled while other teams with no bigs will find themselves playing 6-5 to 6-6 players as centers yet again.
        Adding tall imports while JF is recovering and Ginebra is having chemistry issues with CS would have disastrous effects to SMC teams..

Comment

And Terrafirma just signed a "hulkling" 6'3 import. You know these guys are just here to tank for SMC.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupitersa View Post
            A positive I might glean from this is that some teams will be able to play small ball. Thing is, all SMC teams will have the versatility, whether playing a traditional lineup or a small-ball lineup. A 6'5"-6'6" wing may play as a 3 or a small-ball 4.

The SMC teams, Ginebra, NorthPort, TNT, and TerraFirma (until the post that said they signed a 6'3" import) will potentially benefit from being able to play both big and small lineups.

Ang lugi dito, teams like MERALCO and probably Phoenix, both of whom desperately need size to compete. But let's see if they really need the size.

Comment

And Terrafirma just signed a "hulkling" 6'3 import. You know these guys are just here to tank for SMC.
              To be fair, Khapri Alston had a decent conference with them. i think he can also help with the development of Gabayni and Laput. Kesa maghanap ng iba na hindi pa certain kung pasok sa system.

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                To be fair, Khapri Alston had a decent conference with them. i think he can also help with the development of Gabayni and Laput. Kesa maghanap ng iba na hindi pa certain kung pasok sa system.
                Alston pala, e. He was a great player for TerraFirma last time. And yes, he does fit the definition of hulking.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                  should have just made the All-filipino cup a double/triple round robin tournament (though as per PBA's thinking, no money with elim/regular season games)

Comment

Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                    should have just made the All-filipino cup a double/triple round robin tournament (though as per PBA's thinking, no money with elim/regular season games)
                    No money because they don't try to conduct more out-of-town games. When Buddy Encarnado was the chairman of the board of governors from 2004-2007 I think, two days were reserved for out of town games - thursday and saturday and those were double headers.
                    Attack
                    defend
                    Unite

Comment

Originally posted by robert0326
                      I see Phoenix will tap again Eugene Phelps.. good import but he's already scouted...
                      Phelps is currently in the B.League.

Comment

Go signal from government? more like pending "sanction fee" to be paid by pba to the government..

PBA and Uaap must be creative now as fans can go back but definitely no more shouting et. al (thats why japan able to have audience kasi natural silang tahimik hahah.. the use of props and phone speakers to cheer should be think of..
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                          Go signal from government? more like pending "sanction fee" to be paid by pba to the government..

PBA and Uaap must be creative now as fans can go back but definitely no more shouting et. al (thats why japan able to have audience kasi natural silang tahimik hahah.. the use of props and phone speakers to cheer should be think of..
                          Maingay lang kapag nasa kwarto. Haha

Trans: Japanese people are noisy when sleeping.

Comment

I was wondering why PBA is not comtemplating of reducing their tournaments into one. Once the pandemic is gone, they should.

- 40 regular season games per team
                            - four playdates per week (double header)
                            - two playdates for double header out-of-town games (PBA circa 2004-07)
                            - 7 v 10 and 8 v 9 will play for the best of three play-in round. Winners will take the last two playoff spots.
                            - 7-7-7 playoff format
                            - one world import of unlimited height
                            - one asian import/naturalized/resident foreigner of unlimited height
                            - champions will go to the FIBA-Asia Champion's Cup
                            - 2nd, 3rd and 4th placers will head to the EASL

I know that PBA lacks the creativeness but still. It's free to dream of something good.
                            Attack
                            defend
                            Unite

Comment

Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                              hmmm. i dont think they are that weak in correlation to the pba league. ( I mean with 2 or 3 farm teams, it is easy to at least make the palyoffs).

Meralco is middle tier

But obviously, they do not have the pieces to compete against powerhouse teams.

EXCEPT if they have Allen Durham to carry them.
                              Good observation. That's why they really need to nail their import selection as it's a good way to increase their talent level.
                              They also need size. Other than Almazan, their bigs are 6'5"-6'4". That really hurt them when faced against Ian Sangalang and Rafi Reavis.

If only there wasn't an import height limit this coming conference...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information